<Prospeed.au3> A simple working example please

Hi

Can anyone provide a really simple basic example of the prospeed.au3 in action. I'm aware that there are many complete examples around but I have haven't been able to get any of these dated versions working because of syntax errors..... I just need a basic setup where I can manipulate an image within a XY axis using some of the UDF features.

Thanks

<Prospeed.au3>

v

The UDF and DLL are 7+ years old.

AutoIt has changed a lot since and hence you get the syntax errors. Someone needs to modify the UDF. If it hasn't already been done then - I fear - this "someone" has to be you ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Another way is to install old version of AutoIt to another directory and create/debug/compile your prospeed powered application in this older AutoIt. You can have 2 different Scite/AutoIt (release+beta) versions on the same computer at the same time.

This way it will be very simple even for beginners ;-)

I personally use old AutoIt 3.2.12.1 as my primary developers version due to many of my old scripts/snippets/applications which are not compatible with latest version of AutoIt. But I also have got installed latest release/beta in another directory to be able to test scripts from forum with latest version.

This is really very simple.

Note: I used prospeed in several of my projects too.

Edited by Zedna

Another way is to install old version of AutoIt to another directory and create/debug/compile your prospeed powered application in this older AutoIt. You can have 2 different Scite/AutoIt (release+beta) versions on the same computer at the same time.

This way it will be very simple even for beginners ;-)

I personally use old AutoIt 3.2.12.1 as my primary developers version due to many of my old scripts/snippets/applications which are not compatible with latest version of AutoIt. But I also have got installed latest release/beta in another directory to be able to test scripts from forum with latest version.

This is really very simple.

Note: I used prospeed in several of my projects too.

That's a suggestion I will try. There are so many great examples around but are out of bounds due to compatibility.

Another question that you could maybe answer is... Is it feasible to copy one or two functions from the UDF on a new tab and manipulate those functions without including the UDF or are these function interdependent..?

PS Could point me to the old AutoIt 3.2.12.1 version please.

Thanks for your suggestion..

Edited by Bakiki

Please check the AutoIt archive.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Another question that you could maybe answer is... Is it feasible to copy one or two functions from the UDF on a new tab and manipulate those functions without including the UDF or are these function interdependent..?

Yes. That's possible but it depends on specific function, some of them are independent so you can copy them to your script but some aren't independent and you have to modify them to get them work (or also copy another used inner functions).

That's a suggestion I will try. There are so many great examples around but are out of bounds due to compatibility.

PS Could point me to the old AutoIt 3.2.12.1 version please.

Thanks for your suggestion..

Look here for my detailed explanation how to simply use 2 different AutoIt release+beta+scite4autoit3 versions