goss34

Line 12854 Variable must be of type "Object" ??

goss34

Hi Guys,

Iv got a bit of a weird problem here, i try to run my compiled script on my Pc, no problem, on another Pc, no problem, on this particular Pc i get the error:

Line 12854 (File "\\path to script.exe"): 

Error: Variable must be of type "Object".

I do not have 12854 lines of code and it works on other Pcs without issue.

Anyone have any ideas where i need to start to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

water

Looks like you have a lot of includes in your script and that the particular PC behaves a bit different.

Can you post your script so we can get a better idea what you try to do?

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-09-01 - Version 1.3.4.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

goss34

Narrowed it down to the AD UDF.......

water

Which version of AutoIt do you run?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-09-01 - Version 1.3.4.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

goss34

I do indeed have 13 includes, im yet to tidy the script up and am at 1054 lines (dont shoot me, im sure it could be done in say 200 lines i was better at this).

Found it!! 

Nothing wrong with the script but because it makes you specify a domain controller during AD Open (as below) when that domain controller is down then the script wont run!:

_AD_Open("", "", "DC=one,DC=two,DC=com", "Server.dnsdomain.com", "CN=Configuration,DC=one,DC=two,DC=com") 

I'm not sure how to get around the not having to specify a particular server? but i am thankful it just highlighted an issue with that domain that i am in the process of fixing!

water

Can you run a short test script that only consists of two lines:

#include <AD.au3>
_AD_Open("", "", "DC=one,DC=two,DC=com", "Server.dnsdomain.com", "CN=Configuration,DC=one,DC=two,DC=com")

So we get the exact line number where it crashes in the AD UDF and then we can see what we can do about it.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

goss34

If i change my script to a DC that doesn't exist but run it through SciTE i get:

(464) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:
$__oAD_Command.CommandText = "<LDAP://" & $sAD_HostServer & "/" & $sAD_DNSDomain & ">;(sAMAccountName=" & $sSamAccountName & ");distinguishedName;subtree"
$__oAD_Command^ ERROR

water

When I try to connect to a DC that does not exist I get no crash but @error is set to 4 by _AD_Open.

I run AutoIt 3.3.12.0.
Which version do you run?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

goss34

Im also running v3.3.12.0.

If i add the error checking from the example i also get:

Function _AD_Open encountered a problem. @error = 4, @extended = -2147016646.

Edited by goss34

water

Ahh ... error checking. I encourage you to check for @error <> 0 after each call to an _AD_* function. So you can avoid your script crashing. Debugging is then much easier because the crash most of the time occurs not at the line where the error happened ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

goss34

Thanks for your help water, I started adding debugging yesterday so hopefully by the end of today i should be able to stop this happening again.

Cheers

Dan

water

:)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki