goss34

Line 12854 Variable must be of type "Object" ??

12 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Iv got a bit of a weird problem here, i try to run my compiled script on my Pc, no problem, on another Pc, no problem, on this particular Pc i get the error:

Line 12854 (File "\\path to script.exe"): 

Error: Variable must be of type "Object".

I do not have 12854 lines of code and it works on other Pcs without issue.

Anyone have any ideas where i need to start to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Looks like you have a lot of includes in your script and that the particular PC behaves a bit different.

Can you post your script so we can get a better idea what you try to do?

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Narrowed it down to the AD UDF.......

Which version of AutoIt do you run?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

I do indeed have 13 includes, im yet to tidy the script up and am at 1054 lines (dont shoot me, im sure it could be done in say 200 lines i was better at this).

Found it!! 

Nothing wrong with the script but because it makes you specify a domain controller during AD Open (as below) when that domain controller is down then the script wont run!:

_AD_Open("", "", "DC=one,DC=two,DC=com", "Server.dnsdomain.com", "CN=Configuration,DC=one,DC=two,DC=com") 

I'm not sure how to get around the not having to specify a particular server? but i am thankful it just highlighted an issue with that domain that i am in the process of fixing!

Can you run a short test script that only consists of two lines:

#include <AD.au3>
_AD_Open("", "", "DC=one,DC=two,DC=com", "Server.dnsdomain.com", "CN=Configuration,DC=one,DC=two,DC=com")

So we get the exact line number where it crashes in the AD UDF and then we can see what we can do about it.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

If i change my script to a DC that doesn't exist but run it through SciTE i get:

(464) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:
$__oAD_Command.CommandText = "<LDAP://" & $sAD_HostServer & "/" & $sAD_DNSDomain & ">;(sAMAccountName=" & $sSamAccountName & ");distinguishedName;subtree"
$__oAD_Command^ ERROR

When I try to connect to a DC that does not exist I get no crash but @error is set to 4 by _AD_Open.

I run AutoIt 3.3.12.0.
Which version do you run?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

#9 ·  Posted (edited)

Im also running v3.3.12.0.

If i add the error checking from the example i also get:

Function _AD_Open encountered a problem. @error = 4, @extended = -2147016646.

Edited by goss34

#10 ·  Posted

Ahh ... error checking. I encourage you to check for @error <> 0 after each call to an _AD_* function. So you can avoid your script crashing. Debugging is then much easier because the crash most of the time occurs not at the line where the error happened ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

#11 ·  Posted

Thanks for your help water, I started adding debugging yesterday so hopefully by the end of today i should be able to stop this happening again.

Cheers

Dan

#12 ·  Posted

:)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• kartune
      By kartune
      Hello, i'm trying to rename a variable to another variable name (not the value attached to the variable).  This would save me TONS of coding.
      Here is an example:

<autoit>
      Local $clear1="$SATJ"  ;sets the $clear1 variable to become $SATJ
      GUICtrlSetState($clear1 & "3", $GUI_UNCHECKED)  ;i want this to come out to be $SATJ3, it should look something like - GUICtrlSetState($SATJ3, $GUI_UNCHECKED)
      </autoit>
      Is this possible?  I've been searching all the forums and help files for hours.  My javascript friend referenced me to the solution on JS, which lead me to searching through the "assign" help on autoit, but not much info on it.
      I've already tried
      <autoit>
      Assign($clear1, $SATJ)
      </autoit>

any help is greatly appreciated!!! 
    • SchneiMi
      By SchneiMi
      Hello,
      following my previous question, I have moved all potentially instable object interactions into Executes. But it Looks like "="-assignments to object Attributes cannot be done with Execute, only method calls. Using an "$obj = 1" construct, it compares (Eval) instead of sets (Execute) the value.
      I have tested multiple different combinations, using Execute and Assign, but it seems not to work with object Attributes. :-(
      Gives following Output:
      The assign Action using apply (a3) Fails, while assigning it directly, without Assign() works fine.
      The execute versions compare and do not assign, in both cases. Though, the "Execute" topic in the help file says it executes, not evaluates.
      I have found a similar, old thread, which explains this behavious but does not give a solution. https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/110228-pass-object-property-as-a-variable/  
      Is there a way to assign to a com object's Attribute? Or is there anything new to this unexpected behaviour of Execute (at least compared to the help file description and Python's exec).

Any help is appreciated, and thank you for all the help so far.
      Regards, Michael

• Atoxis
      By Atoxis
      Howdy, this is my first post, massive fan of autoit. 
      I've searched and tried and I would just like people who are better at this than me to let me know if this is even a thing.

I'd like to perform just a variable. For example, it would be. *see inserted code*
      So what i'm wanting is, create the constant $test, and that variable would be what is followed after the = . Then perform the _FileCreate. Then perform the variable.  Logically or in my head rather.. That variable is declared and is equal to what it is set to above, therefore just placing the variable plainly in the script, it should be equal to what it was declared as.  So what am I doing wrong, and or how can I have autoit just perform the variable.  

#include <File.au3> Const $test = FileWriteLine(@DesktopDir & "\Log.txt", @CRLF ) _FileCreate(@DesktopDir & "\Log.txt") $test  
    • ur
      By ur
      I have a script , during compilation and test execution, it worked perfectly but sometimes I am getting error as "Variable used without being declared."

I understood somewhere in the branching logic this is happening.

But not able to find it exactly.

As I am using multiple include statements.the line number is also not giving accurately.

Can anyone suggest what is the approach to resolve this?
    • Simpel
      By Simpel
      Hi,
      since some days I become this error message exiting my app:

Eventviewer shows following data:
      Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: autoit3.exe, Version: 3.3.14.2, Zeitstempel: 0x55fc1979 Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 6.1.7601.23864, Zeitstempel: 0x595fa490 Ausnahmecode: 0xc000000d Fehleroffset: 0x000987e0 I stripped my code from 1500 lines down to 70:
      #include <GUIConstants.au3> Global $g_sPathToPDF = ; path to some pdf file to show Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; default ist 0 ; 1 bedeutet, daß bei Klick direkt die darunterbeschriebene Funktion ausgeführt wird Global $g_hGUI_MAIN ; Haupt-GUI Global $g_hDummy_Main ; Dummy um Fokus in der Haupt-GUI unsichtbar zu setzen Global $g_hGUI_Pruefen ; GUI zum Prüfen aller PDF Global $g_hGUI_PDF ; GUI PDF-Ansicht der ausgewählten PDF Global $g_hPDF ; ActiveX control welches das PDF enthält Global $g_oAcrobatReader ; AcrobatReaderObjekt in dem die PDF gezeigt werden _GUI_Main() GUISetOnEvent ($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_Exit_Main" , $g_hGUI_MAIN) While 1 Sleep(1) WEnd Exit Func _GUI_Main() ; GUI-MAIN $g_hGUI_MAIN = GUICreate("MAIN", 390, 390, 763, 372) GUISetFont(12) GUICtrlCreateButton("NEXT", 20, 20, 350, 55, $BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON) ; Default-Knopf GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "_GUI_Pruefen") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $g_hGUI_MAIN) ; GUI anzeigen EndFunc Func _GUI_Pruefen() ; GUI zum Prüfen der PDF GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $g_hGUI_MAIN) ; MAIN-GUI ausblenden Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 0) ; wieder auf Default gesetzt $g_hGUI_Pruefen = GUICreate("RIGHT", 490,950, 1057, 91, -1, $WS_EX_APPWINDOW, $g_hGUI_MAIN) _AcrobatShow($g_sPathToPDF, "", 367, 91, 674, 950, $g_hGUI_Pruefen) ; PDF-GUI erstellen GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $g_hGUI_Pruefen) ; GUI-Prüfen anzeigen Local $msg While 1 $msg = GuiGetMsg() ; Aktion mit der GUI registrieren Switch $msg ; je nach Aktion mit der GUI Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ; X gedrückt $g_oAcrobatReader = "" ; zerstöre das Objekt AcrobatReader GUIDelete($g_hGUI_PDF) ; lösche die GUI-PDF GUIDelete($g_hGUI_Pruefen) ; lösche die GUI-Prüfen Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; Default 0 GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $g_hGUI_MAIN) ; MAIN-GUI wieder zeigen Return EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc Func _Exit_Main() ; ausführen, wenn die MAIN-GUI schließt ConsoleWrite("EXIT" & @CRLF) Exit EndFunc Func _AcrobatShow($sFile, $sTitle = "PDF ", $iLeft = 50, $iTop = 0, $iWidth = 1000, $iHeight = 700, $hWnd = "") ; GUI-PDF erstellen If FileExists($sFile) Then ; wenn das PDF existiert $g_oAcrobatReader = ObjCreate("AcroPDF.PDF.1") $g_oAcrobatReader.src = $sFile ; Quelle ist das File $g_oAcrobatReader.SetLayoutMode("SinglePage") ; default "SinglePage" $g_oAcrobatReader.SetPageMode("none") ; default "none" $g_oAcrobatReader.SetShowToolbar(0) ; Tool-Bar nicht zeigen 0 $g_oAcrobatReader.SetShowScrollbars(0) ; Scroll-Balken nicht zeigen 0 $g_oAcrobatReader.SetView("fit") ; "fit" falls wer eigene Einstellungen im Reader gespeichert hat $g_hGUI_PDF = GUICreate($sTitle, $iWidth, $iHeight, $iLeft, $iTop, -1, -1, $hWnd) ; GUI als Child zu GUI-PRUEFEN erstellen - es soll nicht aktiviert werden $g_hPDF = GUICtrlCreateObj($g_oAcrobatReader, 0, 0, $iWidth, $iHeight) ; Objekt für das PDF erstellen GUICtrlSetStyle($g_hPDF, $WS_VISIBLE) ; PDF anzeigen GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $g_hGUI_PDF) ; GUI-PDF anzeigen Else MsgBox(0, 'ERROR', "No PDF found.") EndIf EndFunc Do following steps to prove:
      - start app
      - click "next" on main gui
      - wait minimum 5 seconds (until the arrows left and right on "gui left" disappear)
      - close gui left or right
      - close main gui
      - look on console written "EXIT" the last code line before exit
      - now windows error message above appears
      The funny thing is if I don't wait the 5 seconds (before the half transparent arrows disappear) closing the gui then I will get no win error message.
      If I comment _AcrobatShow() out then the error never appears. So it seemed to be an acrobat reader issue. Every week at work there are a lot of updates, but there is no chance to know which one. But since one update this error happens.
      Any solutions? Regards, Conrad