ur

Delete link instead of target

ur

I wrote below code to delete a file.

But when I am trying to delete a shortcut, it it deleting target file instead of shortcut when I created a context menu entry for this executable.

The executable is working fine if we use it normally instead of context menu.But with COntext menu it is taking the target instead of shortcut.

By using the below registries.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Delete Permanently\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Permanent Delete\\Delete Permanently.exe\" \"%1\""

And compiled the below code to executable.

DeleteFile($CmdLine[$i]) ; Adding the path through CMD line argument.

Func DeleteFile($sFilePath)
    Local $iDelete = FileDelete($sFilePath)

; Display a message of whether the file was deleted.
    If $iDelete Then
        MsgBox($MB_ICONINFORMATION, "Deleting ...", "The file was successfuly deleted: " & $sFilePath,10)
    Else
        MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Deleting ...", "An error occurred while deleting the file: " & $sFilePath & @CRLF & "Please check whether it is in use by any process",10)
    EndIf
EndFunc

jguinch

It seems to be a desired behaviour from Windows.

You have to add an additional entry specially for the lnk files :

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile\shell\Delete Permanently\command]

• Like 1

ur

It seems to be a desired behaviour from Windows.

You have to add an additional entry specially for the lnk files :

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile\shell\Delete Permanently\command]

It worked... Many Thanks. :)

ur

I got a different issue now and the context menu is not coming for .url files. I tried the similar approach used for lnkfile and tried in hive InternetShortcut but even with system user rights also I am not able to add registries to this hive.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\InternetShortcut\shell

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• RooperGee
      By RooperGee
      I had written a GUI with several buttons and I wanted one of the buttons to show its context menu regardless of the user right or left clicking the button.  The whole purpose of the button was to show the user a menu of options and a context menu fit the need just fine, but I needed it to display with either click option.  I came up with the code below to accomplish this but I feel like I might be missing some very obvious easier way to do this and I feel it's a little lame to be forcing a right click mouse action on the button as a result of the user doing a left click, but it works!
      Anyone have a suggestion of a better way to do this?  Otherwise, if this idea helps you, here you go.
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> LeftClickContextTest() Func LeftClickContextTest() Local $hGUI = GUICreate("My GUI", 200, 100) Local $button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Show Context", 15, 40, 85, 25) Local $close = GUICtrlCreateButton("Close", 110, 40, 85, 25) Local $context = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($button) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Test Context Item 1", $context) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Test Context Item 2", $context) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Test Context Item 3", $context) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $close ExitLoop Case $button MouseClick("right", MouseGetPos(0), MouseGetPos(1), 1, 0) EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc  
      By 31290
      Hi everyone, hope you are doing fine
      Well, I'm currently writing a small script that goes to a certain web page, finds the first link of a specified section and download the file associated to this link.
      Depending on the computer that the tool is launched, the script gets the computer model and search in the (provided here) ini file which link to follow.
      At first, Dell was kind enough to provide only one link but now, they provide two of them. The first one is now a .txt file (  ) whereas my script has been designed to download only the fist and latest link released for the BIOS Update.

Here's the current code which is working with only the first and latest link of the BIOS category:
      So the question is: 
      In the case of double links like shown in the picture above, how it is possible to tell the script to download only the link containing an the .exe file?
      Of course, I could have changed the array result to [1] instead of [0] [which is working] but it seems that Dell does that randomly and that I deal with a lot of computer models.
      Thanks for the help you can provide, 
      -31290-

SEE_BIOS_LINKS.ini
    • Luigi
      By Luigi
      Greetings forum,
      Hi develop this script, to use context menu with listview.
      It's work fine, run and click with left or right mouse button, you see on Console the id from item.
      If you click none, the id is -1, like this:
      $NM_RCLICK[-1] $NM_RCLICK[-1] $NM_RCLICK[2] $NM_RCLICK[1] $NM_RCLICK[0] $NM_RCLICK[1] That is correct.
      But if you uncoment the line:
      GUIRegisterMsg($WM_CONTEXTMENU, "WM_CONTEXTMENU")
      You have to click with left button (over item or none) and after click with right button.
      LeftButton is to update $HOSTS_INDEX.
      RightButton is to open ContextMenu.

Exist another way to update $HOSTS_INDEX?
      Example:
      Call WM_NOTIFY every time WM_CONTEXTMENU is called?
      I ask this, becouse i cant understanding why $HOSTS_INDEX is not updated when WM_CONTEXTMENU is uncomented.
      Someone can explain or help me?

Best regards.
      ;~ #AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters= -q -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w- 7 ;~ #Tidy_Parameters=/sf #include-once #include-once #include <Array.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <GuiMenu.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <SendMessage.au3> #include <Timers.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <FontConstants.au3> #include <GuiComboBoxEx.au3> #include <GuiImageList.au3> #include <GuiTreeView.au3> #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <TreeViewConstants.au3> #include <String.au3> OnAutoItExitRegister("OnExit") Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) Opt("GUIEventOptions", 1) Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1) Global Enum $eCREATE = 1000, $eUPDATE, $eDELETE, $eICON_TABLE, $eDEFAULT, $eEXPORT_HTML Global Const $EMPTY = -1 Global $HOSTS_INDEX = -1 Global $HOST_Host Global $aGuiSize[2] = [800, 600] Global $sGuiTitle = "GuiTitle" Global $hGui Global $iList, $hList $hGui = GUICreate($sGuiTitle, $aGuiSize[0], $aGuiSize[1]) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "Quit") $iList = GUICtrlCreateListView("nome", 20, 50, 240, 490) $hList = GUICtrlGetHandle($iList) _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($hList, 0, 236) Populate() GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGui) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_NOTIFY") ;~ GUIRegisterMsg($WM_CONTEXTMENU, "WM_CONTEXTMENU") While Sleep(25) WEnd Func OnExit() GUISetState($hGui, @SW_HIDE) GUIDelete($hGui) EndFunc ;==>OnExit Func Quit() Exit EndFunc ;==>Quit Func Populate() Local $arr[4] = [3, "nome 1", "nome 2", "nome 3"] _GUICtrlListView_BeginUpdate($hList) _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($hList) For $ii = 1 To $arr[0] _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hList, $arr[$ii]) Next _GUICtrlListView_SetItemSelected($hList, 0, True, True) _GUICtrlListView_EndUpdate($hList) EndFunc ;==>Populate Func WM_CONTEXTMENU($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam ConsoleWrite("WM_CONTEXTMENU..( $hWnd=" & $hWnd & ", $iMsg=" & $iMsg & ", $wParam=" & $wParam & ", $lParam=" & $lParam & " )" & @LF) Local $exec = 0 Local $hMenu Switch $wParam Case $hList Local $TRY_ID = _GUICtrlListView_GetHotItem($hList) If Not ($TRY_ID = $HOSTS_INDEX) Then $HOSTS_INDEX = $TRY_ID Local $aOrigin = _GUICtrlListView_GetOrigin($hList) ConsoleWrite("WM_CONTEXTMENU $HOSTS_INDEX[" & $HOSTS_INDEX & "] $aOrigin[" & _GUICtrlListView_GetOriginX($iList) & "]" & @LF) $hMenu = _GUICtrlMenu_CreatePopup() If $HOSTS_INDEX = $EMPTY Then _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 0, "Add", $eCREATE) Else _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 0, "Rename", $eUPDATE) _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 1, "Del", $eDELETE) EndIf _GUICtrlMenu_SetMenu($hGui, $hMenu) $exec = _GUICtrlMenu_TrackPopupMenu($hMenu, $wParam, -1, -1, 1, 1, 2, 1) _GUICtrlMenu_DestroyMenu($hMenu) EndSwitch Return True EndFunc ;==>WM_CONTEXTMENU Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam Local $hWndFrom, $iIDFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR, $hWndListView, $tInfo $tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $lParam) $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom")) $iIDFrom = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "IDFrom") $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code") Local $TRY_ID Switch $hWndFrom Case $hList $TRY_ID = _GUICtrlListView_GetHotItem($hList) If Not ($TRY_ID = $HOSTS_INDEX) Then $HOSTS_INDEX = $TRY_ID Switch $iCode Case $NM_CLICK ConsoleWrite("$NM_CLICK[" & $TRY_ID & "]" & @LF) If $HOSTS_INDEX = $EMPTY Or $HOST_Host Then ;~ HOSTS_Clear() ;~ HOSTS_ListView_ItemCancel() ;~ GUICtrlSetState($HOSTS_ITEM_DEL, $GUI_DISABLE) ;~ GUICtrlSetState($HOSTS_ITEM_UPD, $GUI_DISABLE) Else Local $name = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($hList, $HOSTS_INDEX) ;~ HOSTS_FieldLoad($name) ;~ GUICtrlSetState($HOSTS_ITEM_DEL, $GUI_ENABLE) ;~ GUICtrlSetState($HOSTS_ITEM_UPD, $GUI_ENABLE) EndIf Return 0 ; allow the default processing Case $NM_RCLICK ConsoleWrite("$NM_RCLICK[" & $TRY_ID & "]" & @LF) Return 0 ; allow the default processing EndSwitch EndSwitch Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>WM_NOTIFY  
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      hello
      please i need to link a progress bar with a time can you help me?
      e.g
      i want to set a progress bar for 10 sec
      am waiting for your answers
      thank you.
    • satanico64
      By satanico64
      hi guys, how are you ??  fine? good...
      Here is a little question: is it possible to know whish shortcut has been used to launch my autoit app ?
      i'm quite sure that there's nothing to do with autoit, but mostly windows ...

My context: i have an app accessed from the network by my user.
      In my app i use FileCreateShortcut to point to \\myfileserver\myapp.exe
      Soon, in october, they are going to change my fileserver, so my app will be on \myNEWfileserver\myapp.exe
      So in my code, i just rewrite my shortcut on the desktop's user. Everything works fine.
      BUT..some users have several shortcut for my app (they just manually create another shortcut which i don't know the name).
      So maybe they don't use my shortcut but their own ...
      => i know I could list all file on desktop, and for all the .lnk i check if destination is myapp.exe and modify the path but do you see another way ?

thanks
      have fun !