Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• TheAutomator
      By TheAutomator
      Is there a (simple) way to make your script using a picture-control to resize the gui?
      This would be useful for a transparant pop-up window with a custom made theme using picture controls:
      $Form = GUICreate('', 301, 173, 5, 5, $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_LAYERED, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)) GUICtrlCreatePic(@scriptdir & "\resize_win.bmp", 0, 73, 20, 51) ; some api call or code telling the os to use this picture as a resize border GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT+$GUI_DOCKTOP+$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM+$GUI_DOCKWIDTH+$GUI_DOCKHEIGHT) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While True if GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE then Exit WEnd  
      EDIT: to make it more clear what i wanna do, if you go with the mouse arrow over the border of a re-sizable window the arrow changes to a "resize" arrow, you click and drag the border and then the window size adjusts to the mouse position until you release the mouse button.
      I want my picture control to be used the same way as the resize border to resize my window.
    • ur
      By ur
      An application is there which is created using vc++,mostly mfc.

DOn't know the details completely.

WHen I try to automate the control clicks for testing the UI.
      THe below control is not detected.
      As you can see, during UI operations I can click the elements one by one.
      But all the elements is selected as a whole set, when I use the Windowinfo tool.

How to click this using AutoIT.?

Please suggest.
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz

Hi dear
      This is the first include file I designed
      This work is especially directed to NVDA free screen reader users
      It contains a set of functions that enable you to control the program
      Such as forcing the program to read a custom text
      Force it to stop talking
      Find out if the program is running
      And show custom text in the Braille screen
      Available functions are
      _nvdaControllerClient_Load()
      to load the dll file
      _nvdaControllerClient_free()
      to UnLoad the dll file
      _nvdaControllerClient_SpeakText()
      to speak a custom text
      _nvdaControllerClient_brailleMessage()
      to show custom text in the Braille screen
      _nvdaControllerClient_cancelSpeech()
      to Force the NVDA  to stop talking
      _nvdaControllerClient_testIfRunning()
      to check if the NVDA is running
      important note :
      All of these functions depend on a nvdaControllerClient32.dll
      I've added it in the attachments, as well as a file for examples, and other files
      As the source and examples in other languages
      For those who wanted to download the free screen reader, this is the download link from the official website
      https://www.nvaccess.org/download/
      i hope you like this topic
      I hope you will try it and give me your opinions
      Thank you all members and administrators for their help
      now with the  Attachments

nvdaControllerClient_UDF.zip
    • RHolmes
      By RHolmes
      I wrote a script a few months ago that was working at the time. When I tried it today it wouldn't retrieve any controls.  The application successfully launches, but I cannot figure out how to retrieve the control from the window that is launched. I'm on a windows 10 machine using AutoIt v3.3.14.2. The only thing I can think of that has changed is windows updates? Code is below, any help is greatly appreciated.    ; Notes: ; HandleError( handleToCheck, MsgToLogOnFailure, terminateAutoItOnFail ) : function that simply checks the handle and quits AutoIt if not present ; all of this works well FileChangeDir( $CLIENT_APPLICATION_DIR ); Run( "Client.exe" ) Local $hClient = WinWaitActive( $CLIENT_TITLE, "", 10 ) $terminateOnFail = 1 HandleError( $hClient, "LaunchClient::Error: Failed to launch client. Either timed-out or failed.", $terminateOnFail ) LogToFile( "Client launched, waiting for system to ready." ) Sleep( 5000 ) ; this part does not work ; $SYSTEM_INDICATOR is a global variable. I have tried these values: "SystemIndicatorWindow" (Text), "Qt5QWindowIcon101" (ClassNN), and ; "[CLASS:Qt5QWindowIcon; INSTANCE:101]" Local $hStatusIndicator = ControlGetHandle( $hClient, "", $SYSTEM_INDICATOR ) HandleError( $hStatusIndicator, "CheckStatus::Error: couldn't retrieve control: " & $SYSTEM_INDICATOR, $terminateOnFail ) This is what the spy reveals: 

Edit: I just tried this code and it works for notepad++.
      FileChangeDir( "C:\Program Files\Notepad++\" ); Run( "notepad++.exe" ) Local $hNotePad = WinWaitActive( "new 1 - Notepad++", "", 10 ) If $hNotePad = 0 Or $hNotePad = -1 Then MsgBox( $MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Error", "Error getting app handle." ) EndIf Sleep( 1000 ) Local $hNewFileBtn = ControlGetHandle( $hNotePad, "", "[CLASS:ToolbarWindow32; INSTANCE:1]" ) If $hNewFileBtn = 0 Or $hNewFileBtn = -1 Then MsgBox( $MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Error", "Error getting button handle." ) EndIf MsgBox( $MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Success", "Success." )  
    • rcmaehl
      By rcmaehl
      A UDF with Extended Functions for Window Management

Notes:
      Fixes WinGetClassList's barbaric returning of a @LF separated string instead of an array.

Potential Uses:
      Automating applications that change their controls' handles/classes on each launch (e.g. half of Cisco's programs)

Functions:
      _WinGetClassList
      _WinGetClassNNList
      _WindowGetHandleList
      _WindowGetHandleListFromPos

Download: 
      WindowEx.zip  (v0.4)

Changelog:
      10/04/2016 (v0.4): _WinGetClassNNList Fixed : Not Returning an Index when using $2D_ARRAY _WinGetClassNNList Fixed : Not Properly returning $aArray[x][1] on Classes with instances > 9 when using $2D_ARRAY 10/03/2016 (v0.3): _WinGetClassList Added : Exactly the same as WinGetClassList but returns a more civilized Array _WinGetClassNNList Added : Returns Classes and their instances in either a 1D or 2D array depending on Flags _WindowGetHandleList Renamed: _WinGetHandleList SCRIPT BREAKING! _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Renamed: _WinGetHandleListFromPos SCRIPT BREAKING! 10/01/2016 (v0.2): WindowsExConstants.au3 Added : Flags in _WindowGetHandleListFromPos _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Removed: ConsoleWrite left in during debug _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Added : Flag for if part of a Control is at $X, $Y return it as well. 10/01/2016 (v0.1): _WindowGetHandleList Added : Retrieves the handles of classes from a window. _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Added : Retrieves the handles of classes at a specific position from a window. Known and Reported Bugs:
      None reported To Do:
      To Be Decided. Opinions welcome! Upcoming Changes:
      To Be Decided.