Darien

_ad_getlastadsierror does not show any error

Darien

Good afternoon,

I am running the instructions below, and even using a username or password missing, $error always returns "The operation completed successfully."

$result = _AD_Open ( $user , $password , "dc=proxy,dc=trtsp,dc=jus,dc=br" , "proxy.trtsp.jus.br" )

If @error <> 0 Then
         $error = _AD_GetlastADSIError ()
         _ArrayDisplay ( $error )
        Exit
    EndIf

Version of AD is 1.4.0.0 in AutoIt 3.3.8.1 (https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/106163-active-directory-udf/).

someone could tell me why this occurs rather than showing the detailed description of an error when the login fails using _ad_open?

Edited by Darien

water

On which operating system do you run your script?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-01-27 - Version 1.3.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

water

Do you run your script as 32 or 64 bit?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-01-27 - Version 1.3.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Darien

I run as 32-bit, but I tried as 64 bits and has the same problem.

water

Will test as soon as I return to my office.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

water

One last question: What is the value of @error after _AD_Open?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

water

6 means: $sHostServerParam and $sConfigurationParam are required when $sDNSDomainParam is specified
Please check the help information in the UDF or the wiki (link can be found in my signature below).

$sConfigurationParam is missing.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• rudi
      By rudi
      Hello,

from this posting of @Jos https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/162005-getting-windows-users-account-type/?do=findComment&comment=1176831
      I can smoothly check, if a user is a *DIRECT* group member. Has anybody some code to check also, if a user is a *INDIRECT* member of a cascaded group construct?  Maybe with @Melba23 's AD UDF?

The required rights are granted to group "Dept_B" User John is member of group "Dept_A" Group "Dept_A" is member of the group "Dept_B" So in the AD / NTFS FS environment John finally has the rights of both groups But when checking his "membership to group Dept_B" the result is "no member". The approach I can think of would be, to check all Group Members of group "Dept_B" whether they are of type group, then check again if "John" is member of than " 2nd level group"
      Func UserInGroup($InGroup,$ThisUser=@LogonDomain & "/" & @UserName) Local $objUser = ObjGet("WinNT://" & $ThisUser ) For $oGroup in $objUser.Groups If $oGroup.Name = $InGroup Then Return 1 EndIf Next Return 0 EndFunc Any suggestions appreciated, regards, Rudi.
      By 31290

Hi guys, 
      I'd like to write a piece of tool that would allow me to update a certain field in our Active Directory from a comma separated csv file composed like this:

This file, automatically generated, can hold more than 10k lines.
      Thus, I need column A to be in one variable, column B in a second one and column C in a third one.
      I'm really missing this part as updating the AD is fairly easy once the 3 variable are populated. 
      I see things like this:
      Here's my attempts at the moment:
      #include <File.au3> #include <Array.au3> Global $csv_file = @DesktopDir & "\Book1.csv" Global $aRecords If Not _FileReadToArray($csv_file,$aRecords) Then MsgBox(4096,"Error", " Error reading log to Array error:" & @error) Exit EndIf For $x = 1 to $aRecords[0] Msgbox(0,'Record:' & $x, $aRecords[$x]) ; Shows the line that was read from file $csv_line_values = StringSplit($aRecords[$x], ",",1) ; Splits the line into 2 or more variables and puts them in an array ; _ArrayDisplay($csv_line_values) ; Shows what's in the array you just created. ; $csv_line_values[0] holds the number of elements in array ; $csv_line_values[1] holds the value ; $csv_line_values[2] holds the value ; etc Msgbox(0, 0, $csv_line_values[1]) Next Any help on this please? 
      Thanks in advance
      -31290-
    • water
      By water
      Should the AD UDF support the fine grained password policy available since Windows Server 2012?
      What do fine-grained password policies do?
      You can use fine-grained password policies to specify multiple password policies in a single domain and apply different restrictions for password and account lockout policies to different sets of users in a domain.
    • DavidLago
      By DavidLago
      Hello. 
      I have 5 DCs, and I need to create a scheduled task to run a script that will test the authentication time for each one of them, once every minute. (Then I'll use it within a log analyser to create graphics).
      I came up with a script using the great AD UDF (by water). First I tried using "for" and an array, but something was messing up the results, then I went for the dumb old fashioned way:
      #Include <ad.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Global $AdTestTime = "" Global $Timer1, $Timer2, $Timer3, $Timer4, $Timer5 = "" Global $sAD1 = "MYSERVER109" Global $sAD2 = "MYSERVER110" Global $sAD3 = "MYSERVER111" Global $sAD4 = "MYSERVER112" Global $sAD5 = "MYSERVER113" $Timer1 = Timerinit() _AD_Open("", "", $sAD1) _AD_Close() Local $fDiff1 = TimerDiff($Timer1) $Timer2 = Timerinit() _AD_Open("", "", $sAD2) _AD_Close() Local $fDiff2 = TimerDiff($Timer2) $Timer3 = Timerinit() _AD_Open("", "", $sAD3) _AD_Close() Local $fDiff3 = TimerDiff($Timer3) $Timer4 = Timerinit() _AD_Open("", "", $sAD4) _AD_Close() Local $fDiff4 = TimerDiff($Timer4) $Timer5 = Timerinit() _AD_Open("", "", $sAD5) _AD_Close() Local $fDiff5 = TimerDiff($Timer5) MsgBox(0,"", "MYSERVER109=" & $fDiff1) MsgBox(0,"", "MYSERVER110=" & $fDiff2) MsgBox(0,"", "MYSERVER111=" & $fDiff3) MsgBox(0,"", "MYSERVER112=" & $fDiff4) MsgBox(0,"", "MYSERVER113=" & $fDiff5) Still, something is off here. 
      The first AD to be tested is always the slowest one, by far, like 20 times slower. Then I started to suspect that the first one starts the "negotiation", and the following ones ride the gravy train.
      If I repeat the first code twice, All servers seem to have a similar result.
      $Timer1 = Timerinit() _AD_Open("", "", $sAD1) _AD_Close() Local $fDiff1 = TimerDiff($Timer1) $Timer1 = Timerinit() _AD_Open("", "", $sAD1) _AD_Close() Local $fDiff1 = TimerDiff($Timer1) $Timer2.... Am I right?
      Also, is there a better way to test the authentication time?
      Thanks for the help.
      - Dave
    • water
      By water
      As the Active Directory UDF - Help & Support thread has grown too big, I start a new one.
      The original thread can be found here.