Darien

_ad_getlastadsierror does not show any error

9 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Good afternoon,

I am running the instructions below, and even using a username or password missing, $error always returns "The operation completed successfully."

$result = _AD_Open ( $user , $password , "dc=proxy,dc=trtsp,dc=jus,dc=br" , "proxy.trtsp.jus.br" )

If @error <> 0 Then
         $error = _AD_GetlastADSIError ()
         _ArrayDisplay ( $error )
        Exit
    EndIf

Version of AD is 1.4.0.0 in AutoIt 3.3.8.1 (https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/106163-active-directory-udf/).

someone could tell me why this occurs rather than showing the detailed description of an error when the login fails using _ad_open?

Edited by Darien

On which operating system do you run your script?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Windows 7 Professional 64 bits.

Do you run your script as 32 or 64 bit?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

I run as 32-bit, but I tried as 64 bits and has the same problem.

Will test as soon as I return to my office.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

One last question: What is the value of @error after _AD_Open?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

It is 6.

6 means: $sHostServerParam and $sConfigurationParam are required when $sDNSDomainParam is specified
Please check the help information in the UDF or the wiki (link can be found in my signature below).

$sConfigurationParam is missing.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

By 31290
      Hi guys, 
      I'd like to write a piece of tool that would allow me to update a certain field in our Active Directory from a comma separated csv file composed like this:

This file, automatically generated, can hold more than 10k lines.
      Thus, I need column A to be in one variable, column B in a second one and column C in a third one.
      I'm really missing this part as updating the AD is fairly easy once the 3 variable are populated. 
      I see things like this:
      Here's my attempts at the moment:
      #include <File.au3> #include <Array.au3> Global $csv_file = @DesktopDir & "\Book1.csv" Global $aRecords If Not _FileReadToArray($csv_file,$aRecords) Then MsgBox(4096,"Error", " Error reading log to Array error:" & @error) Exit EndIf For $x = 1 to $aRecords[0] Msgbox(0,'Record:' & $x, $aRecords[$x]) ; Shows the line that was read from file $csv_line_values = StringSplit($aRecords[$x], ",",1) ; Splits the line into 2 or more variables and puts them in an array ; _ArrayDisplay($csv_line_values) ; Shows what's in the array you just created. ; $csv_line_values[0] holds the number of elements in array ; $csv_line_values[1] holds the value ; $csv_line_values[2] holds the value ; etc Msgbox(0, 0, $csv_line_values[1]) Next Any help on this please? 
      Thanks in advance
      -31290-
    • water
      By water
      Should the AD UDF support the fine grained password policy available since Windows Server 2012?
      What do fine-grained password policies do?
      You can use fine-grained password policies to specify multiple password policies in a single domain and apply different restrictions for password and account lockout policies to different sets of users in a domain.
    • DavidLago
      By DavidLago
      Hello. 
      I have 5 DCs, and I need to create a scheduled task to run a script that will test the authentication time for each one of them, once every minute. (Then I'll use it within a log analyser to create graphics).
      I came up with a script using the great AD UDF (by water). First I tried using "for" and an array, but something was messing up the results, then I went for the dumb old fashioned way:
      #Include <ad.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Global $AdTestTime = "" Global $Timer1, $Timer2, $Timer3, $Timer4, $Timer5 = "" Global $sAD1 = "MYSERVER109" Global $sAD2 = "MYSERVER110" Global $sAD3 = "MYSERVER111" Global $sAD4 = "MYSERVER112" Global $sAD5 = "MYSERVER113" $Timer1 = Timerinit() _AD_Open("", "", $sAD1) _AD_Close() Local $fDiff1 = TimerDiff($Timer1) $Timer2 = Timerinit() _AD_Open("", "", $sAD2) _AD_Close() Local $fDiff2 = TimerDiff($Timer2) $Timer3 = Timerinit() _AD_Open("", "", $sAD3) _AD_Close() Local $fDiff3 = TimerDiff($Timer3) $Timer4 = Timerinit() _AD_Open("", "", $sAD4) _AD_Close() Local $fDiff4 = TimerDiff($Timer4) $Timer5 = Timerinit() _AD_Open("", "", $sAD5) _AD_Close() Local $fDiff5 = TimerDiff($Timer5) MsgBox(0,"", "MYSERVER109=" & $fDiff1) MsgBox(0,"", "MYSERVER110=" & $fDiff2) MsgBox(0,"", "MYSERVER111=" & $fDiff3) MsgBox(0,"", "MYSERVER112=" & $fDiff4) MsgBox(0,"", "MYSERVER113=" & $fDiff5) Still, something is off here. 
      The first AD to be tested is always the slowest one, by far, like 20 times slower. Then I started to suspect that the first one starts the "negotiation", and the following ones ride the gravy train.
      If I repeat the first code twice, All servers seem to have a similar result.
      $Timer1 = Timerinit() _AD_Open("", "", $sAD1) _AD_Close() Local $fDiff1 = TimerDiff($Timer1) $Timer1 = Timerinit() _AD_Open("", "", $sAD1) _AD_Close() Local $fDiff1 = TimerDiff($Timer1) $Timer2.... Am I right?
      Also, is there a better way to test the authentication time?
      Thanks for the help.
      - Dave
    • water
      By water
      As the Active Directory UDF - Help & Support thread has grown too big, I start a new one.
      The original thread can be found here.
    • Jewtus
      By Jewtus
      I've been playing with the AD UDF (by water) and I'm really not sure how it works (even after playing for several hours) and I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction on this.

What I want to do is make it so if I give a network username, it returns back the information about said user (IE name, org, dept, etc). I know the info is in AD, I just don't know how to pull it using the UDF. Anyone have suggestions?