terro

WORD (sentence words counter and selection)

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I discoverd autoit,;) I'm not a programmer and I get stuck understanding the way word.au manage the sentences in Word 2010.

1) I need to start setting the cursor at the beginning of the Word document.

Then use a kind of loop on the entire document

select the first sentence with 6 words display a message "OK" (the only way I found is unelegant key sequence F8+ F8+F8.:sweating:)

then get and select the next sentence with six words and display "OK".

2) how to remove the "double or triple carriage return" in the same document

Here my piece of code

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <Word.au3>

; Create application object
Local $oRange, $oWord = _Word_Create(),$oRangeFound, $oRangeText
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Word UDF: _Word_DocRangeSet Example", _
        "Error creating a new Word application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
; Open the test document
Local $oDoc = _Word_DocOpen($oWord, @ScriptDir & "\Extras\Test.docx", Default, Default, True)
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Word UDF: _Word_DocRangeSet Example", _
        "Error opening '.\Extras\Test.docx'." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)

For $I = 1 To 235 Step 1 ; sentence counter
 $oRange = _Word_DocRangeSet($oDoc, -1, $wdParagraph, $I, Default,0)
        "Error setting/expanding range." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
$oRange.Select

Send("{F8}")                ;X3 (F8) allows to select a sentence
Send("{F8}")
Send("{F8}")
sleep(400)                    ; MsgBox(0, "", "OK")
Send("{ESCAPE}")     ; free the sentence selection
Send("^{DOWN}")       ; get to the next sentence

Next

Thank you for your help.

Scene 1 in the example script in the help file for function _Word_DocRangeSet should show you how to get statistics.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Thanks water,

Is there a way to detect and skip any table (containing some text) using $oRange.

The aim is to select sentences (avoiding any text in table cells).

Thank you

You could process all tables and count words/sentences. Then process the whol document and count word/sentences. Subtract the results from the tables part for the final result.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jury
      By Jury
      I've failed to find an example of _Word_DocFindReplace which searches for formatted text (I'm looking for stand alone paragraph marks that are formatted other than normal i.e. Bold Italic, Underlined). 
      The reason being that when converting a Word document to html one of the main problems in the results is that a stand alone paragraph mark is converted to an html space that retains the formatting ...>&nbsp;<... thus showing up as a underline _  in a browser when it should be blank.  I've played around with the script and got it to at least un-bold  the first paragraph mark regardless if it was bold or not but I'd like to clear all formatting from any stand alone paragraph marks in the whole document.  Below is what I've done so far (not much more than in the help file I'm afraid) .  Way down at the bottom of the _Word_DocFindReplace  help  text is this parameter but without any examples to be found :
      $bFormat   [optional] True to have the find operation locate formatting in addition to or instead of the find text (default = False) #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <Word.au3> $processing = @MyDocumentsDir & '\AutoIt_code\getter\processing\' Global $oWord = _Word_Create() Global $sTestfile = $processing & "Testing.docx" ConsoleWrite($sTestfile & @CRLF) Global $oDoc = _Word_DocOpen($oWord, $sTestfile) If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "ERROR", "Error opening file = '" & $sTestfile & "'" & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) $oRangeFound = _Word_DocFind($oDoc, "^p", Default, Default) If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Word UDF: _Word_DocFind Example", _ "Error locating paragraph control character in the document." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) $oRangeFound.Bold = False If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Word UDF: _Word_DocFind Example", _ "Error inserting text after the paragraph control character in the document." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & _ ", @extended = " & @extended) MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Word UDF: _Word_DocFind Example", "Paragraph control character successfully replaced." & @CRLF & _ "Text inserted in paragraph 2.")  
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning everyone
      I am working on a little script, which takes some data from a SQLite DB and should create a sort of report, inserting rows in a Word Document... I arrived at the point of:
      _Word_DocTableWrite() and, I don't know how to set the range parameter? What does that specify? 
      Thanks a lot for the help
      EDIT:
      Managed to write a table in the Word document, but now I get an error when I save the document with _Word_DocSaveAs(), with error 2.
      Which are possible causes? Thanks a lot, again
      EDIT 2:
      ... And, how can I set a border to the table? Maybe, with a sort of auto-formatting for text ( larger is the text, larger is the height/width of the table's cell ).
      Thanks  
      EDIT 3 ( bug ):
      Including the parameter $WdSaveChanges in the function _Word_DocSaveAs(), a save dialog box appears, and it should not do it, as it's written in the MSDN documentation:
      wdSaveChanges -1 Save pending changes automatically without prompting the user. Thanks again for everyone will answer to me  
    • anthonyjr2
      By anthonyjr2
      I'm using the Word UDF for the first time, and I'm having some trouble with _Word_DocFind(). There isn't really much talk around the forums about this so it's hard to find any support on the issue I'm having. Here's my code:
      #include <Word.au3> $listPath = @ScriptDir & "\AMCH OFFSET 042617.docx" $pWord = _Word_Create() $oWord = _Word_DocOpen($pWord, $listPath) Local $ctr = 0 Local $searchRange = _Word_DocFind($oWord, "Claim Number") If Not @error Then $ctr += 1 EndIf While ($searchRange <> 0) $searchRange = _Word_DocFind($oWord, "Claim Number", 0, $searchRange) If Not @error Then $ctr += 1 EndIf $searchRange.Select WEnd My problem is that it doesn't seem to find a match of the string on any page after the second. When I run the script, it just loops indefinitely on the second page. I can't post an example of the word document because it is medical data, but every page is basically the same and every page has the string I am looking for on it. Also I tried checking @error after doing a find and it is never set, so I don't think that's the problem.
    • Alin86
      By Alin86
      Hello, in my own design of small procedures, used to insert the ellipse notation in the GUI graphics, and let the arrow pointing to the little girl mouth position. I discovered that point to the gap region size is not fixed, first thought he had just set the angle, calculate the arc starting coordinates and end coordinates OK, then I found that I was wrong. The online search information, for a long time did not find the answer, only to the official website to help you, because I do not start.

#include <GDIPlus.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <Array.au3> Opt("MouseCoordMode", 2) ;1=absolute, 0=relative, 2=client $nPI = 3.1415926535897932384626433832795 $iAngle = 95 $iSpace = 50 $nX = 100 $nY = 200 $nWidth = 200 $nHeight = 100 $fStartAngle = $iAngle + $iSpace / 2 $fSweepAngle = 360 - $iSpace _GDIPlus_Startup() Local Const $iWidth = 600, $iHeight = 600 Local $hGUI = GUICreate("GDI+ UDF 示例", $iWidth, $iHeight) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Local $hGraphics = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($hGUI) _GDIPlus_GraphicsSetSmoothingMode($hGraphics, $GDIP_SMOOTHINGMODE_HIGHQUALITY) Local $hPen = _GDIPlus_PenCreate(0xFFFF8080, 1) Local $hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile("g_8.png") _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRect($hGraphics, $hImage, 400, 100, 102, 278) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawArc($hGraphics, $nX, $nY, $nWidth, $nHeight, $fStartAngle, $fSweepAngle, $hPen) ; Local $a = $nWidth / 2 Local $b = $nHeight / 2 Local $c = Sqrt($a ^ 2 - $b ^ 2) Local $Coordinate[4] $Coordinate[0] = Sqrt($a ^ 2 * $b ^ 2 / ($a ^ 2 * Tan((360 - $iAngle - $iSpace / 2) * $nPI / 180) ^ 2 + $b ^ 2)) $Coordinate[1] = Tan((360 - $iAngle - $iSpace / 2) * $nPI / 180) * $Coordinate[0] ;_ArrayDisplay($Coordinate) If (360 - $iAngle - $iSpace / 2) >= 90 And (360 - $iAngle - $iSpace / 2) <= 270 Then $Coordinate[0] = -$Coordinate[0] If (360 - $iAngle - $iSpace / 2) >= 0 And (360 - $iAngle - $iSpace / 2) < 180 Then $Coordinate[1] = -$Coordinate[1] $Coordinate[0] = $nX + $a + $Coordinate[0] $Coordinate[1] = $nY + $b + $Coordinate[1] ;MouseMove($Coordinate[0], $Coordinate[1]) Do Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE _GDIPlus_PenDispose($hPen) _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImage) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGraphics) _GDIPlus_Shutdown() GUIDelete($hGUI)
    • Duck
      By Duck
      I'm attempting to read each line of a word document and assign the line to a variable. Similarly to how you can read a line from a text file (.txt or .csv) using FileReadLine(). So far i have been unsuccessful in reading from a .doc/.docx file, nor have i found any documentation that has helped.

In searching for a solution i did find a function to convert the word doc to a text file, however my script is for (PCI) auditing purposes and i do not want to create a new file on the HDD.  I have also read through the _Word UDF help files... Unless im not understanding the _Word UDF correctly, I did not see anything that functions similarly to the FileReadLine function.
      Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!  

Here is what i have been attempting to do(doesn't work): 

#include <file.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <LuhnCheck.au3> #include <Excel.au3> #include <Word.au3> Global $sPath = 'C:\Users\' Global $filePath Global $pii = @ScriptDir & '\pii_CreditCard.csv' Global $filesArray = _FileListToArrayRec($sPath , '*.txt;*.csv;*.doc;*.docx;*.xls;*.xlsx',1,1,0,2) For $i = 1 to $filesArray[0] ;Loop through file extensions and add files to the fileArray ;Assign the position in the filesArray to filePath (filePath is set to full path in FileListToArrayRec) $filePath = $filesArray[$i] readFile($filePath) Next Func readFile($file) If StringInStr($file, '.txt') Or StringInStr($file, '.csv') Then ; .txt file readTxtFile($file) ElseIf StringInStr($file, '.doc') Then ; .doc & .docx files ;============================================== part that does not work========================= Local $oWord = _Word_Create() ;$openFile = FileOpen($file, 0); While 1 Local $line = FileReadLine(_Word_DocOpen($oWord, $file, Default, Default, True)) If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop ;lookForCreditCardNumbers($line) MsgBox(0,0, $line) WEnd FileClose($openFile) ;============================================== part that does not work========================== EndIf EndFunc Func readTxtFile($fileToOpen) $openFile = FileOpen($fileToOpen, 0); open file for reading and assing it to the openFile variable While 1 Local $line = FileReadLine($openFile) If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop lookForCreditCardNumbers($line) WEnd FileClose($openFile) EndFunc Func lookForCreditCardNumbers($evaluateString) $aResult = StringRegExp($evaluateString, '[4|5|3|6][0-9]{15}|[4|5|3|6][0-9]{3}[-| ][0-9]{4}[-| ][0-9]{4}[-| ][0-9]{4}', $STR_REGEXPARRAYMATCH) If Not @error Then Local $newString1 = StringReplace($aResult[0], ' ', '') ;remove spaces Local $newString2 = StringReplace($newString1, '-', '') ;remove dashes Local $bool = _LuhnValidate($newString2) ; Check possible CC number against the Luhn algorithm If $bool = 'True' Then Local $piiCSV = FileOpen($pii, 1) ;open text file for appending/writing, 1 FileWriteLine($piiCSV, $filePath & ', ' & $newString2) FileClose($piiCSV) EndIf EndIf EndFunc