Skysnake

[SOLVED] GUI with command line options

Skysnake

Hi Everyone

I want to have a GUI, but which will accept command line options on launch.

So, the commanline would look something like

myAPP.EXE -bigfont -bigicon

where myAPP.EXE would be the name of the AutoIt EXE, and the -bigfont & -bigicon items represent optional command line parameters with which the EXE starts.

I am not looking at creating a CUI.  This is GUI, but with startup command line parameters.  These command line parameters would only be read once, during start up of the EXE.

I have searched the forum, no luck.  What I did find was this commented by Water: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/138754-adding-command-line-parameter/

Should I start the GUI EXE as normal, and then first possible opportunity read the command line? Is that the way to go?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Skysnake

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

spudw2k
JLogan3o13

This is by no means a finished script, as you didn't specify what you were trying to do in your gui (I took an educated guess with font and icon). But this should give you an idea:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Local $font, $icon

Switch $CmdLine[0]
        Case 1
            $font = $CmdLine[1]
        Case 2
            $font = $CmdLine[1]
            $icon = $CmdLine[2]
        Case Else
            Exit(MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "My App", "Incorrect Number of Parameters"))
    EndSwitch

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 300, 300)
        GUISetFont(11, 400, Default, ($font = Null) ? "Arial" : $font)
 ;Set font to Arial unless otherwise specified.
        GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

$inp = GUICtrlCreateInput("Test Font", 10, 20, 280, 40)
    $icon = GUICtrlCreatePic(($icon = "") ? @DesktopDir & "\Error.jpg" : $icon, 10, 80, 280, 200) ;Set pic path unless otherwise specified.

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                Exit
        EndSwitch
    WEnd

• Like 1

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Skysnake

I replied and my reply seems to have gone to limbo...

@spudw2k, thx, I have read that page, but it left me with gaps in my understanding

@JLogan3o13 THANK YOU VERY MUCH!  This is exactly what I was looking for. I can work with this. Thank you for the accurate and prompt response. :)

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• kcvinu
      By kcvinu
      Hi all,
      I have a button created with _GUICtrlButton_Create function. I know that this function returns a handle of button instead of an ID. So i have obtain control ID by calling _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID function. After that i have tried the GUICtrlSetBkColor function. But it didnt worked. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. 
      Note : - The window which carries this button is not created with native gui create function. Instead, it is created with CreateWindowEx api function.
    • kcvinu
      By kcvinu
      Hi all,
      I am playing with _GUICtrlButton_Create function. How can i change this button's (or the entire form's) font ?. The in-built GUICtrlSetFont function is not working even when i convert the control handle to control ID with _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID ( ) function.  Do i need to use CreateFont api finction and send WM_SETFONT message ? Or is there any other easy and safe ways to do this ?. Thanks in advance.
      Note : This window is created by CreateWindowEx function, not by GUICreate function. 
    • Jake_s
      By Jake_s
      Hi All, 

I am a begginer in auto it. I am trying to build simple gui that will show me if for example notepad.exe process is currently running on the system. I have built something like this, but when I execute it shows me message boxes, but I want the results to show in gui. If you can help me start with this.

Thanks

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

ActiveProcess()

Func ActiveProcess()
      GUICreate("Act")
               ProcessExists("wuauclt.exe")

If ProcessExists("wuauclt.exe") Then
       MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Windows Upates are running")
           Else
       MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Windows Updates are not running")
       EndIf
         ;Notepad

ProcessExists("notepad.exe")

If ProcessExists("notepad.exe") Then
      MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Notepad is running")
              Else
      MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Notepad is not running")
      EndIf  

• corz
      By corz
      This is a magnifier-color-picker thing mostly based on some code I found on Stack Overflow, of all places. At least all the clever bits are from there. 
      I'd love to use this code inside an app I'm working on. But it has an issue. The first time the mag pops up it works perfectly, but the second and subsequent times, it's a boring grey square. 
      One of you smart dudes will probably look at this and go, "Aha!", but I'm stumped.
      #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> MagWindow() MagWindow() ; Magnifier-Color-Picker.. ; Props to McBarby for the cross-hairs. func MagWindow() global $iMagZoom = 5 global $iMagWidth = Ceiling(100/$iMagZoom) global $iMagHeight = Ceiling(100/$iMagZoom) global $hDCDesk, $hDCZoom, $hPen global $hUser32 = DllOpen("user32.dll") global $hGDI32 = DllOpen("gdi32.dll") global $pixel_color, $mag_open = false local $mX, $mY global $hCross = GUICreate('', 48, 48, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_TOPMOST) WinSetTrans($hCross, '', 0) GUISetCursor(3, 1, $hCross) global $hZoom = GUICreate("MagPicker", $iMagWidth * $iMagZoom, $iMagHeight * $iMagZoom, _ MouseGetPos(0), MouseGetPos(1), $WS_POPUP+$WS_BORDER, $WS_EX_TOPMOST) global $mag_label = GUICtrlCreateLabel("placehold", (($iMagHeight * $iMagZoom)/2)+2, ($iMagHeight * $iMagZoom) - 13, _ (($iMagHeight * $iMagZoom)/2)-3, 12, $SS_RIGHT) ; put this after the GUICreate()s so that it will not error on startup with mouse already moving. (now trapped! but we will leave them here.) global $__hMouseProc = DllCallbackRegister("_MouseProc", "long", "int;wparam;lparam") global $__hHook = _WinAPI_SetWindowsHookEx($WH_MOUSE_LL, DllCallbackGetPtr($__hMouseProc), _WinAPI_GetModuleHandle(0)) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hCross) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hZoom) $mag_open = true ; once at start, then from the mouse-callback-function.. _Magnify() while $mag_open Sleep(50) $mX = MouseGetPos(0) $mY = MouseGetPos(1) $pixel_color = Hex(PixelGetColor($mX, $mY), 6) GUICtrlSetData ($mag_label, $pixel_color) wend GUIDelete($hZoom) GUIDelete($hCross) ReleaseHooks() endfunc func _Magnify($_iX=-1, $_iY=-1) local Static $fInit = true if $fInit then $fInit = False $hDCDesk = (DLLCall($hUser32, "int", "GetDC", "hwnd", 0))[0] $hDCZoom = (DLLCall($hUser32, "int", "GetDC", "hwnd", $hZoom))[0] $hPen = (DLLCall($hGDI32, "int", "CreatePen", "int", 0, "int", 3, "int", 0x008b9094))[0] ; 0=PS_SOLID, dark-blue (0x00BBGGRR) DLLCall($hGDI32, "int", "SelectObject", "int", $hDCZoom, "hwnd", $hPen) $_iX = MouseGetPos(0) $_iY = MouseGetPos(1) endif local $iW = $iMagWidth * $iMagZoom, $iH = $iMagHeight * $iMagZoom if not @error then DLLCall($hGDI32, "int", "StretchBlt", "int", $hDCZoom, "int", _ 0, "int", 0, "int", $iW, "int", $iH, "int", $hDCDesk, "int", _ $_iX - $iMagWidth/2, "int", $_iY - $iMagHeight/2, "int", $iMagWidth ,"int", $iMagHeight, _ "long", $SRCCOPY) ; draw the crosshair (start x, start y, end x, end y) _GDI32_DrawLine($hDCZoom, ($iW/2)-2, $iH/8, ($iW/2)-2, 4*($iH/8)-6, $hGDI32) ; vertical top _GDI32_DrawLine($hDCZoom, ($iW/2)-2, 5*($iH/8)-10, ($iW/2)-2, 7*($iH/8), $hGDI32) ; vertical bottom _GDI32_DrawLine($hDCZoom, $iW/8, ($iH/2)-2, (3*($iW/8))+6, ($iH/2)-2, $hGDI32) ; horizontal left _GDI32_DrawLine($hDCZoom, 4*($iW/8)+3, ($iH/2)-2, 7*($iW/8), ($iH/2)-2, $hGDI32) ; horizontal right endif endfunc func _GDI32_DrawLine(ByRef $_hDC, $_iX0, $i_Y0, $_iX1, $i_Y1, $_hDll=-1) If $_hDll = -1 then $_hDll = "gdi32.dll" Local $tCurrent = DllStructCreate("struct; long X;long Y; endstruct") DllCall($_hDll, "int", "MoveToEx", "int", $_hDC, "int", $_iX0, "int", $i_Y0, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tCurrent)) DllCall($_hDll, "int", "LineTo", "int", $_hDC, "int", $_iX1, "int", $i_Y1) return $tCurrent endfunc func _MouseProc($_nCode, $_wParam, $_lParam) local $tMSLLHOOKSTRUCT = DllStructCreate("struct; long X;long Y; endstruct; " & _ "DWORD mouseData; DWORD flags; DWORD time; ULONG_PTR dwExtraInfo;endstruct", $_lParam) if $_nCode < 0 Then Return _WinAPI_CallNextHookEx($__hHook, $_nCode, $_wParam, $_lParam) local $iX = $tMSLLHOOKSTRUCT.X, $iY = $tMSLLHOOKSTRUCT.Y switch $_wParam case $WM_LBUTTONDOWN CloseMag() case $WM_MOUSEMOVE if not $mag_open then return WinMove($hCross, "", $iX -24, $iY -24) Local $iXz = ($iX +24 + $iMagWidth*$iMagZoom > @DesktopWidth) ? $iX -(24 + $iMagWidth*$iMagZoom) : $iX +24 Local $iYz = ($iY +24 + $iMagHeight*$iMagZoom > @DesktopHeight) ? $iY -(24 + $iMagHeight*$iMagZoom) : $iY +24 WinMove($hZoom, "", $iXz + $iMagWidth/2, $iYz) _Magnify($iX, $iY) endswitch return _WinAPI_CallNextHookEx($__hHook, $_nCode, $_wParam, $_lParam) endfunc func ReleaseHooks() DLLCall($hUser32, "int", "ReleaseDC", "int", $hDCZoom, "hwnd", $hPen) DLLCall($hUser32, "int", "ReleaseDC", "int", $hDCDesk, "hwnd", 0) DLLCall($hUser32, "int", "ReleaseDC", "int", $hDCZoom, "hwnd", 0) DllClose($hUser32) DllClose($hGDI32) _WinAPI_UnhookWindowsHookEx($__hHook) DllCallbackFree($__hMouseProc) endfunc func CloseMag() ; called by mouse left click $mag_open = false endfunc  
      Thanks for any and all insights!
      ;o) Cor

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.