Sign in to follow this  
DiveHigh

Using GetMousePos for calculating a MouseClick

Hello There!  

I've encountered a small issue i just cant seem to program my way out of...

What im doing is:        ;or rather, what im trying to do is
Pixelsearch for a color, within a part of my screen,
If color is present, i will rightclick it, for a menu to appear,
in which i want to Leftclick an option. Simplicity itself.   

The issue is that because this menu appears in different parts of my screen, its complicated to select the option i want to click.
There is no special color to it, and i cannot define the area in which to click, because the menu appears different places.
The only thing that is in common for the menu is that the Leftclick needs to be (lets say) 30pixels below the rightclick

What can be done,  but seemingly not by me, is to get the coordinates of the rightclick, and use them as the "starting point" from where the coordinates for the leftclick will be.
(Not sure if that makes sence, but maybe the code below will help you understand)

You guys like example codes, so therefore i will give it my best shot, and hope it proves usefull :)

$pos = Pixelsearch(200, 400, 200, 400, 0xFFFFFF)        ;This color is what i need to rightclick to bring up the menu
If not @Error then                                                               ;If the color is present
(Mouseclick("Right", $pos[0], $pos[1], 1, 1)                   ;Rightclick it, to bring up menu

;Here comes the part i cannot get to work
$x = MousegetPos(X)                                                          ;To get the Coordinate "X", so we can calculated with it for the position of the leftclick
$y = MousegetPos(Y)                                                           ; To get the Coordinate "Y", so that can be calculated with for the position of the leftclick

MouseClick("Left", $x[0], $y-30[1], 1, 1)                         ;This was supposed to give me a leftclick that is 30pixels below the rightclick.

(The MouseGetPos(X), may seem as a waste of space in this example, but in my script i will need both. 
        Im only using one in the example, mainly so that i wont confuse myself, but also to make it easier to digest for you guys
)

I have not been able to find any topic that covers this, but my apologies if such a topic already exist in the forums. 

Maybe while im at it, can i ask,   what good does the [0] and [1] do, when using a "$variable" as coordinate?   

Thanks in advance
- DiveHigh

To anyone else that might find this useful i did some more test.

if you search for a color, and want to click it, but maybe with more randomized position of the click, then you can do:

$pos = Pixelsearch(200, 400, 200, 400, 0xFFFFFF)
If not @Error then
MouseClick
("Left", $pos[0]
+Random(-10,10), $pos[1]+Random(-10,10), 1, 1)

[+Random(-10,10)  = this is +/- 10 pixels within the area which the color was found]

Have Fun!
- DiveHigh

Just out of curiosity: Which program do you try to automate with this script?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2020-07-21 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2020-06-27 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (NEW 2020-06-27 - Version 1.3.2.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki, WebDriver - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rskm
      Hi, recently i created a GUI for some calculations in AutoIT.  The GUI has 2 tabs and on the first tab, it has few inputboxes where i use to click with mouse and start entering the inputs. i recently made some changes in the position of these textboxes. I made this by changing the autoit code file instead of making changes in KODA. Now i cannot click inside these textboxes with mouse. However, i can use TAB key to cycle through/enter input in these input boxes. what could have made the inputboxes not responding to mouseclicks. thanks
    • By lunarlattice
      Hi All,
      I am trying to login into our application using AutoIT. When I launch the application a splash screen appears and the login screen goes behind it. At this point the script pauses and I loose control of everything. I have literally tried everything for the past two days but nothing has worked yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
      RunWait("\\mchsv411.siplaceworld.net\splmshare\int00\conf\start_apps\windows\start_nx110.bat en portal_client int00 tc112", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
      AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 200)
      Local $hWnd = WinWaitActive("Teamcenter Login")
      MouseClick("left", @DesktopWidth / 2, @DesktopHeight / 2)
      The splash screen has title "Teamcenter" and is static.
      I tried to click on the center to get control of login window.
      I have tried WinActivate, WinSetState, ControlCommand and a lot of other things.
    • By lonardd
      Hi,
      I have a very strange problem concerning MouseClick function.
      I need to start Control Panel, navigate it on the Display Section (Adjust screen resolution link), click on it, and from the next Dialog choose Intel Graphic tool tab and navigate into it when it opens. 
      I wasn't using MouseClick() at first when I tried to use Control IDs, but I was fed up with the Autoit Window Info poor and inaccurate info (It flickers and the moment I click on the control the control ID and class disappear) so I ended up choosing the easiest way.
      The code I'm posting worked OK until two weeks ago, the mouse clicks were accurately performed and the Script reached the end with no errors...and I was happy.
      All of a sudden, between one try and the other, I noticed the cursor not flying exactly where it was supposed to, namely to the Control Panel ->Display->Adjust screen resolution link   but it clicked some 30 pixels below and some 30 pixels to the left, choosing obviously and undesired function and from that point it screwed the whole thing up. And from that moment onward, it seems I can no longer regain the mouse to click on that sequence.
      Could it be because my Control Panel ->Display form moved slightly from one test to another and therefore I got that small offside?
      If you believe this is the reason, I should then re position the Control Panel ->Display window to 0,0 and recalculate all the clicks. 
      do you have a suggestion?

Thanks a lot
      Dave

RotateDisplays.au3
    • By Dequality
      error code >Running:(3.3.14.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "D:\Scripts\Tests\Test.au3" --> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop +>16:23:40 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0 +>16:23:40 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished. >Exit code: 0 Time: 0.6734 HotKeySet("{F4}", _myExit()) Global $aCoordinates1[2] = [499, 582] Global $aCoordinates2[2] = [672, 614] While(1)     $instrument = PixelSearch(602, 439, 601, 438, 0x434343, 1)     if not(@error) Then         $musicscore = PixelSearch(1185, 529, 1184, 528, 0xDDA03B, 1)         If not(@error) Then             MouseMove($musicscore[0], $musicscore[1], 3)             Sleep(500)             MouseClick("RIGHT", $musicscore[0], $musicscore[1], 1, 1)         EndIf     EndIf     MouseClick("LEFT", random($aCoordinates1[0], $aCoordinates1[1]), Random($aCoordinates2[0], $aCoordinates2[1]))    Sleep(Random(304000, 309043)) WEnd Func _myExit()     Exit EndFunc Any help are highly appreciatet... :-) 

Dequality.
    • By c1one
      Something simple enough, and I am sure it's an oversight, but I have not been able to track this down. The entire script is attached, but here is the point of failure.
      Note: I am getting the "Error: subscript used on non-accessible variable" but I thought the initial line of:
      AutoItSetOption('MouseCoordMode', 0)
      Should address that issue? 
      <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
      ; Install updates (minimized and updating for many minutes)
      ; Updates Not Installed Screen
         ; Wait for updates to complete
      WinWait("ProSeries Update")
         ; Wait just over 9 minutes to ensure popup is ready (test alternative to WinWait)
      Sleep(550000)
         ; Set focus on Product Licenses window
      WinActivate("ProSeries Update")
         ; Send Mouse Click to Install Now button
      MouseClick ( "left" [, 581, 362 [, clicks = 1 [, speed = 10]]] )
      ; end Installing Updates screen
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks for any insights!
      c1one
      ProSeries2017_No_Customer_Info.au3