Valnurat

Save an array to file with @TAB delimiter

6 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I'm trying to save an array to a file with TAB as a delimiter so it looks nice and the lines are not jumping.

I have seen this

_FileWriteFromArray($sFilePath,$aEndResult,Default,Default,@TAB)

but the content of the file is jumpy.

My array contains 3 column and I'm affraid if the 1. column is to short/long it will jump.

I add to the array like this and it looks ok when I use _arraydisplay

_ArrayAdd($aEndResult,$aUser[$i] & '|' & $sSetAccountDate & '|' & 'FAILED')
_ArrayAdd($aEndResult,$aUser[$i] & '|' & $sSetAccountDate & '|' & 'OK')

FileContent:

DKSOCNNC    2016/09/31 07:52:16 Failed
DKSOGVY 2016/04/31 06:20:31 Failed

Is there a way to control that?

Edited by Valnurat

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.

I imagine it to be a very complex function for a generic function to do what is needed, but for a simple array like you demonstrate here, looping through the array testing string length of element 0, and appending with either 1 or 2 tabs appropriately might suffice.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum :)

Please look up in the help files the function "StringFormat()"

<cite>

PrintFormat($sString, "[%-10s]", "10 chars left justified with added spaces") ; [string    ]

</cite>

Do get appropriate results first of all loop through your array to catch the longest sting in your collumn 1 so that you know, how many char's you will need for all the other "Col-1-Values".

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

Done that and I know the longest string now, but what then?

Local $ilen = 0
    For $i = 0 to UBound($aEndResult) -1
        if $ilen < StringLen($aEndResult[$i][0]) Then
            $ilen = StringLen($aEndResult[$i][0])
        EndIf
    Next
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "EndResultLen", $ilen)

Do I run through the array again and add the length to record?

Sorry for asking, but I don't know how to do this.

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

Test this (untested) script:

Local $ilen = 0
    if $ilen < StringLen($aEndResult[$i][0]) Then
        $ilen = StringLen($aEndResult[$i][0])
    EndIf
Next
    $aEndResult[$i][0]= StringFormat('%-'&$ilen&'s',$aEndResult[$i][0])
Next

so all elements in first col have the same length and the Delimparameter (@Tab) do the rest using _FileWriteFromArray

Edited by AutoBert

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

Thank you.

It worked.:):>

Edited by Valnurat

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Gowrisankar
      By Gowrisankar
      Good day to the members of the forum.. 
      Is there any UDF that is available to automate Attachmate Extra Mainframe sessions?
      I am trying to automate mainframe processes. I couldn't get values from particular co-ordinates in mainframe or pass values to particular co-ordinates in mainframe.
      Please let me know if there is any UDF or any other kind of solution is available. 
      Thanks and regards,
      Gowrisankar R.
    • Mr_Was_geht_sie_das_an
      By Mr_Was_geht_sie_das_an
      Hi Autoit Community,
      do someone know, if is possible to creat an 3D-ModelSearch script ?
    • Yash91
      By Yash91
      Hi Experts,
      I want to integrate AutoIT with Eclipse to write my code in java for automating the desktop base application, i have integrate jacob 1.18 and verify the dll's also but i am getting How to fix java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Unsupported major.minor version 51 issue.
      I am using 32 bit windows xp with java 1.6 version.
      Java 1.7 is unsupported in 32 bit windows xp. is there any solution for the same.
    • Gorby7
      By Gorby7
      I have an Autoit-based client GUI that uses a single MS SQL Server database. I have no problem connecting to and executing queries against this database from my AutoIT code, with the below exception:
      One of the database's stored procedures I need to execute requires a parameter that is a table. I've set up the appropriate table_type on the database and everything works fine on the database itself when I execute the stored proc with a table variable for the parameter (no AutoIT involved). The problem is that I can't figure out how to pass a table parameter from AutoIT, assuming it's even possible. The code below shows the two methods I've tried, both methods return a RecordSet object that is at EOF.
      #include <Array.au3> Opt("MustDeclareVars", 0) $sDBSrv = "ITSQL01.domain.com" $sDBName = "INVDEV" $sADOName = "ADODB.Connection" $oSQLConn = ObjCreate($sADOName) $sConnStr = "Driver={SQL Server};Server=" & $sDBSrv & ";Database=" & $sDBName & ";Trusted_Connection=yes;" $oSQLConn.Open ($sConnStr) $rsoFacFriendly = $oSQLConn.Execute("SELECT TOP 5 FriendlyName FROM Facility") If Not $rsoFacFriendly.EOF Then $aFacFriendly = $rsoFacFriendly.GetRows() _ArrayDisplay($aFacFriendly) $rsoSPResults = $oSQLConn.Execute("EXEC spTableParameterPassTest " & $aFacFriendly) Select Case $rsoSPResults.EOF = False MsgBox(0, "sp exec1", "not end of file") $aSPResults = $rsoSPResults.GetRows() _ArrayDisplay($aSPResults) Case IsObj($rsoSPResults) = 0 MsgBox(0, "sp exec1", "rso isn't even an object") Case $rsoSPResults.EOF = True MsgBox(0, "sp exec1", "At end of file") Case Else MsgBox(0, "sp exec1", "Something else happened") EndSelect $rsoSPResults = 0 $rsoSPResults = $oSQLConn.Execute("EXEC spTableParameterPassTest " & $rsoFacFriendly) Select Case $rsoSPResults.EOF = False MsgBox(0, "sp exec2", "not end of file") $aSPResults = $rsoSPResults.GetRows() _ArrayDisplay($aSPResults) Case IsObj($rsoSPResults) = 0 MsgBox(0, "sp exec2", "rso isn't even an object") Case $rsoSPResults.EOF = True MsgBox(0, "sp exec2", "At end of file") Case Else MsgBox(0, "sp exec2", "Something else happened") EndSelect $rsoSPResults = 0 $rsoFacFriendly = 0 $oSQLConn.Close $oSQLConn = 0 Exit  
    • Swatcat
      By Swatcat
      Hi All,
      So I need Help.
      I am developing code to handle Authentication Popup For IE. The issue I am facing is that this code runs smoothly on unlock desktop but fails on VM machine and when machine is locked. So could you suggest what should I do to make it work. My automation Tool is a Selenium Based tool and is able to launch the script, but the AutoIT Script is unable to pass the username and password on the authentication popup.
      Below is the code.
      I am passing the values through Command line arguments.
      #include <Array.au3> Local $browser, $BAuthMode, $BWinAuthUserName, $BWinAuthPassword, $BChromeClaimsURL, $BChromePolicyURL, $BIEPolicyURL, $BIEClaimsURL; $browser = $CMDLine[1] $BAuthMode = $CMDLine[2] $BWinAuthUserName = $CMDLine[3] $BWinAuthPassword = $CMDLine[4] $BChromeClaimsURL = "" $BChromePolicyURL = "" $BIEURL = "" ;$BIEClaimsURL = "" If $browser = "chrome" And $BAuthMode = "m" Then If WinExists($BChromeClaimsURL,"") Then WinWaitActive($BChromeClaimsURL) ; set control to the window for proxy authentication Sleep(500) Send("{ESCAPE}") ElseIf WinExists($BChromePolicyURL,"") Then WinWaitActive($BChromePolicyURL) ; set control to the window for proxy authentication Sleep(500) Send("{ESCAPE}") EndIf ElseIf $browser = "ie" And $BAuthMode = "m" Then If WinExists($BIEPolicyURL,"") Then WinExists($BIEPolicyURL) ; set control to the window for proxy authentication Sleep(500) Send("{ESCAPE}") ElseIf WinExists($BIEClaimsURL,"") Then WinWaitActive($BIEClaimsURL) ; set control to the window for proxy authentication Sleep(500) Send("{ESCAPE}") EndIf ElseIf $browser = "ie" And $BAuthMode = "w" Then WinWaitActive($BIEURL,"","20") if(WinExists($BIEURL)) Then Sleep(500) Send($BWinAuthUserName & "{TAB}") ; send username and press TAB Sleep(100) Send($BWinAuthPassword & "{ENTER}") ; send the password and press enter Sleep(100) EndIf ElseIf $browser = "chrome" And $BAuthMode = "w" Then If WinExists($BChromeClaimsURL,"") Then WinWaitActive($BChromeClaimsURL) ; set control to the window for proxy authentication Sleep(500) Send($BWinAuthUserName & "{TAB}") ; send username and press TAB Send($BWinAuthPassword & "{ENTER}") ; send the password and press enter ElseIf WinExists($BChromePolicyURL,"") Then WinWaitActive($BChromePolicyURL) ; set control to the window for proxy authentication Sleep(500) Send($BWinAuthUserName & "{TAB}") ; send username and press TAB Send($BWinAuthPassword & "{ENTER}") ; send the password and press enter EndIf EndIf WinSetState("[ACTIVE]", "", @SW_RESTORE) Sleep(500) WinSetState("[ACTIVE]", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)