SaeidN

ImageSearch and MouseDrag in background window

SaeidN

Hi,

I saw a couple topics about both mousedrag and imagesearch in background or minimized window, but none of them has the solution, and they were old topics.

So I wanted to ask whether there is a way to mouse drag without the cursor to move, (I want to use mouse when mousedrag is working on a window). I don't know whether I can mix ControlMove with some other stuff or any other way?

And also for the image search, is there any way to search for image (or pixel) in a background or minimized window? I thought maybe there is a au3 or dll or ... file for doing this.

Another question I have: Any way to pinch zoom (two fingers) a window like "windows photo viewer" to zoom in or out? I saw something almost the same here, but not what I want.

I appreciate it.

InunoTaishou

If I remember correctly there's an alternate ImageSearch function (in the dll) that takes a handle to a bitmap, the bitmap you can get by using CaptureScreen. Then you can use SendMessage to send

1. $WM_LBUTTONDOWN,
  2. $WM_MOUSEMOVE
  3. $WM_LBUTTONUP
#RequireAdmin
Func CaptureWindow($iLeft = 0, $iTop = 0, $iWidth = -1, $iHeight = -1, Const $bSaveImage = False, Const $hWnd = WinGetHandle("[Active]"))
    Local $rect_window = WinGetPos($hWnd)
    Local $hDC = _WinAPI_GetWindowDC($hWnd)
    Local $hDestDC = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC($hDC)
    Local $hBitmap = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleBitmap($hDC, $rect_window[2] - 16, $rect_window[3] - 38)
    Local $hDestSv = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hDestDC, $hBitmap)
    Local $hSrcDC = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC($hDC)
    Local $hBmp = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleBitmap($hDC, $rect_window[2] - 16, $rect_window[3] - 38)
    Local $hSrcSv = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hSrcDC, $hBmp)

_WinAPI_PrintWindow($hWnd, $hSrcDC, True)

ScreenToClient($hWnd, $iLeft, $iTop)

If ($iWidth > 0 and $iHeight > 0) Then
        _WinAPI_BitBlt($hDestDC, $iLeft, $iTop, $iWidth, $iHeight, $hSrcDC, $iLeft, $iTop, $MERGECOPY)
    Else
        _WinAPI_BitBlt($hDestDC, $iLeft, $iTop, $rect_window[2] - 16 - $iLeft, $rect_window[3] - 38 - $iTop, $hSrcDC, $iLeft, $iTop, $MERGECOPY)
    EndIf

_WinAPI_SelectObject($hDestDC, $hDestSv)
    _WinAPI_SelectObject($hSrcDC, $hSrcSv)
    _WinAPI_ReleaseDC($hWnd, $hDC)
    _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hDestDC)
    _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hSrcDC)
    _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBmp)

If ($image_search_tolerance < 50) Then $image_search_tolerance += 50
    If ($image_search_tolerance > 80) Then $image_search_tolerance = 80

If ($bSaveImage) Then _ScreenCapture_SaveImage(@ScriptDir & "\CaptureWindow.jpg", $hBitmap, False)

Return $hBitmap
EndFunc   ;==>CaptureWindow
DllCall("ImageSearchDll.dll", "str", "ImageSearchExt", "int", $iLeft, "int", $iTop, "int", $iRight, "int", $iBottom, "int", $iTolerance, "ptr", $hHbitmapImageToFind, "ptr", $hHbitmapImageToSearch)

Should get you started. Just put the DLLCall in your ImageSearch function. $hHBitmapImageToSearch is gonna be your CaptureWindow and $hHbitmapImage is a handle to a bitmap of the image to look for

• Like 1

SaeidN
9 hours ago, InunoTaishou said:

If I remember correctly there's an alternate ImageSearch function (in the dll) that takes a handle to a bitmap, the bitmap you can get by using CaptureScreen. Then you can use SendMessage to send

1. $WM_LBUTTONDOWN,
  2. $WM_MOUSEMOVE
  3. $WM_LBUTTONUP
#RequireAdmin
Func CaptureWindow($iLeft = 0, $iTop = 0, $iWidth = -1, $iHeight = -1, Const $bSaveImage = False, Const $hWnd = WinGetHandle("[Active]"))
    Local $rect_window = WinGetPos($hWnd)
    Local $hDC = _WinAPI_GetWindowDC($hWnd)
    Local $hDestDC = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC($hDC)
    Local $hBitmap = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleBitmap($hDC, $rect_window[2] - 16, $rect_window[3] - 38)
    Local $hDestSv = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hDestDC, $hBitmap)
    Local $hSrcDC = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC($hDC)
    Local $hBmp = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleBitmap($hDC, $rect_window[2] - 16, $rect_window[3] - 38)
    Local $hSrcSv = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hSrcDC, $hBmp)

_WinAPI_PrintWindow($hWnd, $hSrcDC, True)

ScreenToClient($hWnd, $iLeft, $iTop)

If ($iWidth > 0 and $iHeight > 0) Then
        _WinAPI_BitBlt($hDestDC, $iLeft, $iTop, $iWidth, $iHeight, $hSrcDC, $iLeft, $iTop, $MERGECOPY)
    Else
        _WinAPI_BitBlt($hDestDC, $iLeft, $iTop, $rect_window[2] - 16 - $iLeft, $rect_window[3] - 38 - $iTop, $hSrcDC, $iLeft, $iTop, $MERGECOPY)
    EndIf

_WinAPI_SelectObject($hDestDC, $hDestSv)
    _WinAPI_SelectObject($hSrcDC, $hSrcSv)
    _WinAPI_ReleaseDC($hWnd, $hDC)
    _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hDestDC)
    _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hSrcDC)
    _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBmp)

If ($image_search_tolerance < 50) Then $image_search_tolerance += 50
    If ($image_search_tolerance > 80) Then $image_search_tolerance = 80

If ($bSaveImage) Then _ScreenCapture_SaveImage(@ScriptDir & "\CaptureWindow.jpg", $hBitmap, False)

Return $hBitmap
EndFunc   ;==>CaptureWindow
DllCall("ImageSearchDll.dll", "str", "ImageSearchExt", "int", $iLeft, "int", $iTop, "int", $iRight, "int", $iBottom, "int", $iTolerance, "ptr", $hHbitmapImageToFind, "ptr", $hHbitmapImageToSearch)

Should get you started. Just put the DLLCall in your ImageSearch function. $hHBitmapImageToSearch is gonna be your CaptureWindow and $hHbitmapImage is a handle to a bitmap of the image to look for

I included <ScreenCapture.au3> and <WinAPIEx.au3>. But still giving me couple error here.

I appreciate if you would show me where to get imagesearch dll file.

And also is $WM_LBUTTONDOWN and 2 others for mousedrag?

error.JPG

InunoTaishou
#include <ScreenCapture.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Func ScreenToClient(Const ByRef $hWnd, ByRef $iX, ByRef $iY)
    Local $tReturn = DLLStructCreate("int iX;int iY")
    DllStructSetData($tReturn, 1, $iX)
    DllStructSetData($tReturn, 2, $iY)

DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "ScreenToClient", "hwnd", $hWnd, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tReturn))

$iX = DllStructGetData($tReturn, 1)
    $iY = DllStructGetData($tReturn, 2)
    $tReturn = Null
EndFunc   ;==>ClientToScreen

Func ClientToScreen(Const ByRef $hWnd, ByRef $iX, ByRef $iY)
    Local $tReutrn = DllStructCreate("int iX;int iY")

DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "ClientToScreen", "hwnd", $hWnd, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tReturn))

$tReturn = Null

Those windows messages (WM_*) variables send a message to the window telling it that the mouse has done that action (left button down, move, left button up) which is a mouse drag

SaeidN
9 hours ago, InunoTaishou said:
#include <ScreenCapture.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Func ScreenToClient(Const ByRef $hWnd, ByRef $iX, ByRef $iY)
    Local $tReturn = DLLStructCreate("int iX;int iY")

DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "ScreenToClient", "hwnd", $hWnd, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tReturn))

$tReturn = Null

Func ClientToScreen(Const ByRef $hWnd, ByRef $iX, ByRef $iY)
    Local $tReutrn = DllStructCreate("int iX;int iY")

DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "ClientToScreen", "hwnd", $hWnd, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tReturn))

$tReturn = Null

Those windows messages (WM_*) variables send a message to the window telling it that the mouse has done that action (left button down, move, left button up) which is a mouse drag

I'm sorry, I'm not getting it. I know what it means to send message to a window to do a mouse action, but I don't know how to do it. Would you please give me a simple example (maybe with paint?), so I read it and understand what's happening?

Thank you

InunoTaishou

There are plenty of examples of how to use SendMessage on the forums and in the help document

You can check that topic to see how they used SendMessage to click on a window. Modify it to do what you need.

SaeidN
3 hours ago, InunoTaishou said:

There are plenty of examples of how to use SendMessage on the forums and in the help document

You can check that topic to see how they used SendMessage to click on a window. Modify it to do what you need.

I have checked https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/libfunctions/_SendMessage.htm and it helped me understand better, but I don't know what are the codes in front of variables in the example and how can I obtain them. Like these two: 

Local Const $WM_SYSCOMMAND = 274
    Local Const $SC_MONITORPOWER = 61808

So far I have checked two other topics and no result yet, but I'll search more.

SaeidN

Okay. I read topics below . I really do not know what's wrong with the code in that topic. There were two other topics that doesn't give any clue at all. The codes in these topics don't give any error. I wish it was giving me error so I know what to fix.

I'm so tired of searching the whole net for almost 10 days. I also found this file, which is a good resource to send key and mouse message to a window, but again.

Doesn't work. Maybe because it's old or my win is 64bit.

PostMessage.au3

SaeidN

I changed

$result = DllCall($h_ImageSearchDLL, "str", "ImageSearch", "int", $x1, "int", $y1, "int", $right, "int", $bottom, "str", $findImage)

to

I also have my screencapture as $hHbitmapImageToFind and the image to search as $hHbitmapImageToSearch.

But didn't work, anything else I need to change?

I wish I could have a simple example, so I could look and see what's happening. I literally searched the whole net, and didn't find an example, even in other languages other than Eng.

How can I know the difference between ImageSearchEx and ImageSearchExt, and ImageSearch. How Do I know how many parameters they should have?

What's the difference between str and ptr, Are they string and pointer? Why do we need pointer?

SaeidN

Ayone knows?

I'm tired of searching and reading the tutorials. It's been two weeks now I'm looking for a solution and every day I'm spending more than 6 hours to find something, and no result yet. Please help.

AutoBert

Most serious apps don't need ImageSearch, 99,9% of them can be automated with better AutoIt funcs or UDF's. So what's the name of the app. And also please post a runable (reproducer) script showing what you alreadey tried and showing the issues.

SaeidN
1 hour ago, AutoBert said:

Most serious apps don't need ImageSearch, 99,9% of them can be automated with better AutoIt funcs or UDF's. So what's the name of the app. And also please post a runable (reproducer) script showing what you alreadey tried and showing the issues.

I already wrote about 900 lines of codes, and it works perfect. I just want to do the imagesearch for inactive windows too. I wanna write some programs and scripts for our club and other events in univesity. The imageseach and mousedrag that I have now, which is only for active windows is not an efficient way to present as a project. What other UDFs or funcs works better for doing these in inactive windows?

If I see a small example in Paint or any other app for both imagesearch and mousedrag, then I can implement it in my script.

I appreciate your help.

Edited by SaeidN

AutoBert
12 minutes ago, SaeidN said:

I already wrote about 900 lines of codes, and it works perfect.

Fine than mark as solved :)

But seems ImageSearch make problems so name the app to find a better way.

SaeidN
Just now, AutoBert said:

Fine than mark as solved :)

But seems ImageSearch make problems so name the app to find a better way.

I didn't get them to work in inactive window, so it's not solved.

It's not a commercial app or something, I wrote it and it doesn't have any name. I just need an example which I don't think it would be more than 20 lines.

AutoBert

Is it written with AutoIt? Than it's very easy to find a solution.

SaeidN
29 minutes ago, AutoBert said:

Is it written with AutoIt? Than it's very easy to find a solution.

Yes, it's in Autoit. I wish I knew how to do it. :(

AutoBert

Use Au3Info and the control* functions.

SaeidN
1 minute ago, AutoBert said:

Use Au3Info and the control* functions.

But that's just for click or send keys. i don't know how is it for drag and searchimage an inactive window.

AutoBert

You can also use ControlMove to move the controls in your background GUI.

SaeidN
12 minutes ago, AutoBert said:

You can also use ControlMove to move the controls in your background GUI.

But it doesnt move the mouse, click, drag in an inactive window. and also imagesearh.

It if does mousedrag and imagesearch in an inactive window so please give me an example to see how it is working.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• tiye0405
      By tiye0405
      Hello,
      global $y, $x #RequireAdmin Global $Paused HotKeySet("{NUMPAD2}", "Pause") HotKeySet("{NUMPAD8}", "End") Opt("MouseClickDownDelay", 30) #include <ImageSearch2015.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <ComboConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <UpDownConstants.au3> #include <Misc.au3> Sleep(6000) Sleep(3000) $search1 = _WaitForImageSearch("goo.bmp", 30, 1, $x, $y, 10) If $search1 = 1 Then MouseMove(1500, 1500, 10) Sleep(100) MouseClick("right") Sleep(300) EndIf I've this script.
      The problem is that it work the way it is supposed to but doesnt work on a friends pc, even tho we have the same image search in C/programms(x86)/autoit3/include 
      and the same dll in system 32.
      When he starts the script on the desktop without having the "goo.bmp" file on his pc, the script finds it and right clicks the given location, while for me it doesnt and i have to open the folder with the "goo.bmp" picture in it.

Im out of ideas on what could cause the problem.
      Any help?
      Thank you in advance

• Atoxis
      By Atoxis
      Howdy, I've gone through a lot of au3 forums, and I once had a working Imagesearch script that I got from here.  However, and i'm just totally not sure how but my imagesearch scripts aren't working anymore.
      I'm not new to au3 but i'm not the most experienced with it's syntax/commands.

Anyways, I've looked over the big threads involving imagesearch.

Does anyone have a working Imagesearch x64 for win10 that is currently working as of the date with the post.

Dll's and what not is fine, just when I tell the script to run, I want to be able to find the image on the screen!
      Can't find a working copy so if anyone has one please send it my way lol.

I've taken all the imagesearch downloads and what not and have played with them but I can't get any of them working on my end, despite others saying they're working.
      Thanks.
    • PoojaKrishna
      By PoojaKrishna
      I have developed a script to find multiple or all occurrence of an image from desktop using the ImageSearch UDF. Please note that the resulting array has the starting position of the images, not middle.
      #include-once #include <Array.Au3> #RequireAdmin #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=Y Global $y = 0, $x = 0 ;Result x and y coordinates Dim $aResult[1] ;Resulting array Global $sImagePath = @ScriptDir &"\Rect.bmp" Global $nImageWidth = 0 ;Image width Global $nImageHeight = 0 ;Image Height _ImageSearchMultiple() Func _ImageSearchMultiple() Local $search = _ImageSearch($sImagePath, 0, $x, $y, 10) If $search = 1 Then _ArrayDisplay($aResult) Else Msgbox(0,"Not Found","Image Not Found") EndIf EndFunc ; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ; ; AutoIt Version: 3.0 ; Language: English ; Description: Functions that assist with Image Search ; Require that the ImageSearchDLL.dll be loadable ; ; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ;=============================================================================== ; ; Description: Find the position of an image on the desktop ; Syntax: _ImageSearchArea, _ImageSearch ; Parameter(s): ; $findImage - the image to locate on the desktop ; $tolerance - 0 for no tolerance (0-255). Needed when colors of ; image differ from desktop. e.g GIF ; $resultPosition - Set where the returned x,y location of the image is. ; 1 for centre of image, 0 for top left of image ; $x $y - Return the x and y location of the image ; ; Return Value(s): On Success - Returns 1 ; On Failure - Returns 0 ; ; Note: Use _ImageSearch to search the entire desktop, _ImageSearchArea to specify ; a desktop region to search ; ;=============================================================================== Func _ImageSearch($findImage,$resultPosition, ByRef $x, ByRef $y,$tolerance, $HBMP=0) $nStartX = 0 $nStartY = 0 $nMaxX = @DesktopWidth $nMaxY = @DesktopHeight $nEndX = $nMaxX $nEndY = $nMaxY $nCount = 0 $aResult[0] = $nCount ; Count $nImageWidth = 0 $nImageHeight = 0 While (1) $nResult = _ImageSearchArea($findImage,$resultPosition,$nStartx,$nStarty,$nEndX,$nEndY,$x,$y,$tolerance,$HBMP) If $nResult = 1 Then $nCount = $nCount + 1 $aResult[0] = $nCount Redim $aResult[$nCount + 1 ] $aResult[$nCount] = $x & "," & $y $nStartX = $x + $nImageWidth $nStartY = $y $nEndX = $nMaxX $nEndY = $y + $nImageHeight If $nStartX + $nImageWidth > $nMaxX Or $nStartY + $nImageHeight > $nMaxY Then $nStartX = 0 $nStartY = $y + 1 $nEndX = $nMaxX $nEndY = $nMaxY ContinueLoop EndIf Else If $nEndY >= $nMaxY Then ExitLoop Else $nStartX = 0 $nStartY = $Y + 1 $nEndX = $nMaxX $nEndY = $nMaxY EndIf EndIf wend If $aResult[0] = 0 Then Return 0 Else Return 1 EndIf EndFunc Func _ImageSearchArea($findImage,$resultPosition,$x1,$y1,$right,$bottom, ByRef $x, ByRef $y, $tolerance,$HBMP=0) ;MsgBox(0,"asd","" & $x1 & " " & $y1 & " " & $right & " " & $bottom) if $tolerance>0 then $findImage = "*" & $tolerance & " " & $findImage If IsString($findImage) Then $result = DllCall("ImageSearchDLL.dll","str","ImageSearch","int",$x1,"int",$y1,"int",$right,"int",$bottom,"str",$findImage,"ptr",$HBMP) Else $result = DllCall("ImageSearchDLL.dll","str","ImageSearch","int",$x1,"int",$y1,"int",$right,"int",$bottom,"ptr",$findImage,"ptr",$HBMP) EndIf If IsArray( $result ) = 0 Then return 0 ; If error exit if $result[0]="0" then return 0 ; Otherwise get the x,y location of the match and the size of the image to ; compute the centre of search $array = StringSplit($result[0],"|") $x=Int(Number($array[2])) $y=Int(Number($array[3])) If $nImageWidth = 0 Then $nImageWidth = Int(Number($array[4])) $nImageHeight = Int(Number($array[5])) EndIf if $resultPosition=1 then $x=$x + Int(Number($array[4])/2) $y=$y + Int(Number($array[5])/2) endif return 1 EndFunc ;=============================================================================== ; ; Description: Wait for a specified number of seconds for an image to appear ; ; Syntax: _WaitForImageSearch, _WaitForImagesSearch ; Parameter(s): ; $waitSecs - seconds to try and find the image ; $findImage - the image to locate on the desktop ; $tolerance - 0 for no tolerance (0-255). Needed when colors of ; image differ from desktop. e.g GIF ; $resultPosition - Set where the returned x,y location of the image is. ; 1 for centre of image, 0 for top left of image ; $x $y - Return the x and y location of the image ; ; Return Value(s): On Success - Returns 1 ; On Failure - Returns 0 ; ; ;=============================================================================== Func _WaitForImageSearch($findImage,$waitSecs,$resultPosition, ByRef $x, ByRef $y,$tolerance,$HBMP=0) $waitSecs = $waitSecs * 1000 $startTime=TimerInit() While TimerDiff($startTime) < $waitSecs sleep(100) $result=_ImageSearch($findImage,$resultPosition,$x, $y,$tolerance,$HBMP) if $result > 0 Then return 1 EndIf WEnd return 0 EndFunc ;=============================================================================== ; ; Description: Wait for a specified number of seconds for any of a set of ; images to appear ; ; Syntax: _WaitForImagesSearch ; Parameter(s): ; $waitSecs - seconds to try and find the image ; $findImage - the ARRAY of images to locate on the desktop ; - ARRAY[0] is set to the number of images to loop through ; ARRAY[1] is the first image ; $tolerance - 0 for no tolerance (0-255). Needed when colors of ; image differ from desktop. e.g GIF ; $resultPosition - Set where the returned x,y location of the image is. ; 1 for centre of image, 0 for top left of image ; $x $y - Return the x and y location of the image ; ; Return Value(s): On Success - Returns the index of the successful find ; On Failure - Returns 0 ; ; ;=============================================================================== Func _WaitForImagesSearch($findImage,$waitSecs,$resultPosition, ByRef $x, ByRef $y,$tolerance,$HBMP=0) $waitSecs = $waitSecs * 1000 $startTime=TimerInit() While TimerDiff($startTime) < $waitSecs for $i = 1 to $findImage[0] sleep(100) $result=_ImageSearch($findImage[$i],$resultPosition,$x, $y,$tolerance,$HBMP) if $result > 0 Then return $i EndIf Next WEnd return 0 EndFunc Func _ImageSize($sFileName) Local $aRet[2], $sExt = StringRegExpReplace($sFileName, "^.*\.", "") If (FileExists($sFileName) = 0) Or _ ((StringLen($sExt) = 3) And (StringRegExp($sExt, "(?i)(bmp|gif|jpg|png|tif|emf|wmf)") = 0)) Or _ ((StringLen($sExt) = 4) And (StringRegExp($sExt, "(?i)(tiff|jpeg)") = 0)) Then _ Return SetError(1, 0, $aRet) Local $ghGDIPDll = DllOpen("GDIPlus.dll") Local $tInput = DllStructCreate("int Version;ptr Callback;int NoThread;int NoCodecs") Local $tToken = DllStructCreate("ulong_ptr Data") DllStructSetData($tInput, "Version", 1) DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "int", "GdiplusStartup", "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tToken), "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tInput), "ptr", 0) Local $aImage = DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "int", "GdipLoadImageFromFile", "wstr", $sFileName, "ptr*", 0) Local $aResult = DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "int", "GdipGetImageWidth", "handle", $aImage[2], "uint*", -1) $aRet[0] = $aResult[2] $aResult = DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "int", "GdipGetImageHeight", "handle", $aImage[2], "uint*", 0) $aRet[1] = $aResult[2] DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "int", "GdipDisposeImage", "handle", $aImage[2]) DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "none", "GdiplusShutdown", "ptr", DllStructGetData($tToken, "Data")) DllClose($ghGDIPDll) Return SetError(0, 0, $aRet) EndFunc ;==>_ImageSize I'm also attaching the code to capture the image , written by Melba23.
      #include <GuiConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #Include <ScreenCapture.au3> #Include <Misc.au3> #include <WinAPISysWin.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <GuiConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #Include <ScreenCapture.au3> #Include <Misc.au3> #include <WinAPISysWin.au3> Global $iX1, $iY1, $iX2, $iY2, $aPos, $sMsg, $sBMP_Path Mark_Rect() Func Mark_Rect() Local $aMouse_Pos, $hMask, $hMaster_Mask, $iTemp Local $UserDLL = DllOpen("user32.dll") ; Create transparent GUI with Cross cursor $hCross_GUI = GUICreate("Test", @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight - 20, 0, 0, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_TOPMOST) WinSetTrans($hCross_GUI, "", 8) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hCross_GUI) GUISetCursor(3, 1, $hCross_GUI) Global $hRectangle_GUI = GUICreate("", @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight, 0, 0, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW + $WS_EX_TOPMOST) GUISetBkColor(0x000000) ; Wait until mouse button pressed While Not _IsPressed("01", $UserDLL) Sleep(10) WEnd ; Get first mouse position $aMouse_Pos = MouseGetPos() $iX1 = $aMouse_Pos[0] $iY1 = $aMouse_Pos[1] ; Draw rectangle while mouse button pressed While _IsPressed("01", $UserDLL) $aMouse_Pos = MouseGetPos() $hMaster_Mask = _WinAPI_CreateRectRgn(0, 0, 0, 0) $hMask = _WinAPI_CreateRectRgn($iX1, $aMouse_Pos[1], $aMouse_Pos[0], $aMouse_Pos[1] + 1) ; Bottom of rectangle _WinAPI_CombineRgn($hMaster_Mask, $hMask, $hMaster_Mask, 2) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hMask) $hMask = _WinAPI_CreateRectRgn($iX1, $iY1, $iX1 + 1, $aMouse_Pos[1]) ; Left of rectangle _WinAPI_CombineRgn($hMaster_Mask, $hMask, $hMaster_Mask, 2) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hMask) $hMask = _WinAPI_CreateRectRgn($iX1 + 1, $iY1 + 1, $aMouse_Pos[0], $iY1) ; Top of rectangle _WinAPI_CombineRgn($hMaster_Mask, $hMask, $hMaster_Mask, 2) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hMask) $hMask = _WinAPI_CreateRectRgn($aMouse_Pos[0], $iY1, $aMouse_Pos[0] + 1, $aMouse_Pos[1]) ; Right of rectangle _WinAPI_CombineRgn($hMaster_Mask, $hMask, $hMaster_Mask, 2) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hMask) ; Set overall region _WinAPI_SetWindowRgn($hRectangle_GUI, $hMaster_Mask) If WinGetState($hRectangle_GUI) < 15 Then GUISetState() Sleep(10) WEnd ; Get second mouse position $iX2 = $aMouse_Pos[0] $iY2 = $aMouse_Pos[1] ; Set in correct order if required If $iX2 < $iX1 Then $iTemp = $iX1 $iX1 = $iX2 $iX2 = $iTemp EndIf If $iY2 < $iY1 Then $iTemp = $iY1 $iY1 = $iY2 $iY2 = $iTemp EndIf GUIDelete($hRectangle_GUI) GUIDelete($hCross_GUI) DllClose($UserDLL) $sBMP_Path = @ScriptDir & "\Rect.bmp" _ScreenCapture_Capture($sBMP_Path, $iX1, $iY1, $iX2, $iY2, False) EndFunc ;==>Mark_Rect Please see the following links to see the original posts on the ImageSearch UDF and the usage.
      I hope it will help someone here.

• tiye0405
      By tiye0405
      Hello, 

I currently have a problem that deals with moving the mouse to a given location + or - a certain distance.
      $search1 =_WaitForImageSearch("envelope.bmp", 10, 1, $x, $y, 20)
      $search2 =_WaitForImageSearch("envelope2.bmp", 10, 1, $x, $y, 20)

If $search1 = 1 Then
                  Sleep(100)
                  MouseMove($x, $y, 10)
                  sleep(99)
                  MouseClick("left")
                 Sleep(99)
      ElseIf $search2 = 1 Then
                 Sleep(100)
                 MouseMove($x, $y2, 10)
                 sleep(99)
                 MouseClick("left")
                 Sleep(100)
      Else
                Sleep(150)
                MouseMove($x2, $y, 10)
                Sleep(150)
                MouseClick("left")
               Sleep(150)
      EndIf
      The problem about this is that i defined $x2 = $x - 175  and $y2 = $y + 35
      I got these numbers ( 175 and 35) with the autoit helper and just subtracted point where it is to the point its supposed to move but it doesnt work.

is there any proper way to find the distance between 2 points in pixels?

Imgsearch doesnt always work for this picture so i want it to have a backup

edit: could it be that the definition of $x and $y  from the previous image search arent there anymore and thats why it moves my mouse to strange places? 
      is there a way to preserve the $x $y from the previous img search untill the next succesful one?

• b9k
      By b9k
      Hi, I am stuck on a GUI problem and would like your help to solve it.
      I am trying to automate the SoundWire Server app to match my current system volume level while it is minimized to the notification area (so no clicking or stealing focus),
      I can already get the handle and alter the tracker position by sending a WM_SETPOS message, but somehow the actual volume is not changed: I think I need to do something else to trigger the event handler for the value change and propagate it correctly.
      This is the control summary from Au3 info:
      >>>> Window <<<< Title: SoundWire Server Class: #32770 Position: 441, 218 Size: 566, 429 Style: 0x94CA00C4 ExStyle: 0x00050101 Handle: 0x0000000000510E12 >>>> Control <<<< Class: msctls_trackbar32 Instance: 4 ClassnameNN: msctls_trackbar324 Name: Advanced (Class): [CLASS:msctls_trackbar32; INSTANCE:4] ID: 6002 Text: Position: 51, 222 Size: 47, 126 ControlClick Coords: 1, 101 Style: 0x5001000A ExStyle: 0x00000000 Handle: 0x00000000001234C8 >>>> Mouse <<<< Position: 496, 567 Cursor ID: 2 Color: 0xF0F0F0 >>>> StatusBar <<<< >>>> ToolsBar <<<< >>>> Visible Text <<<< Default multimedia device Tray on Start Static Server Address: 192.168.1.8 Status: Connected to B9K~OP3 Audio Output Audio Input Level Record to File Input Select: 44.1 kHz Minimize to Master Volume Mute >>>> Hidden Text <<<< Slider2 Mute OK Cancel Label Balance Slider1 Volume Front L/R Fr C/LFE Side L/R Back L/R
      I am attaching the program in question so you don't have to install it (i don't know if it is portable enough, tough): 

SoundWire Server_files.zip

Thanks in advance and I hope I didn't post in the wrong section