Miliardsto

PixelGetColor - wrong colors

18 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello i have problem with function PixelGetColor. On my computer it working fine but in some cases it not working.

And Im clicking on the active window on red color and it give me the same color still. But in other computers when clicking on the same color red it gives other values and returned color in MsgBox is not red.

Dont know is it a real main thing what causing problem but,

I noticed that problem was on one windows 10.

I have windows 8 and working well. On other windows 10 works well to

Maybe it is caused by windows aero or something like that

How to deal with it?

There is a code

HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "MouseCord")

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func MouseCord()

Global $MousePos = MouseGetPos()
    $clickedColor = PixelGetColor($MousePos[0], $MousePos[1])
    MsgBox(0, "Done", $clickedColor)

EndFunc

Edited by Miliardsto

up. it worked on my friend windows 10.  dont know what was causing that this function doesnt work

I dont know what your question exactly mean

If you take the position of the mousepointer and check for the pixel colour, isn't it than likely that it returns the colour of the mouspointer in stead of the color of the original pixel?

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Just run the code below. if u click on white color it returns FFFFF if u click on blue it returns blue in rgb, red click returns nearing to FF0000.

As I said in these computers where this function not working it returns always other color if u clicking the same color.

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <ComboConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Timers.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <TabConstants.au3>
#include <ColorConstants.au3>

HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "MouseCord")

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func MouseCord()

Global $MousePos = MouseGetPos()
    $clickedColor = Hex(PixelGetColor($MousePos[0], $MousePos[1]))
    MsgBox(0, "Done", $clickedColor)

EndFunc

Please make a screenshot and post it here!

I think of problems with MouseCoordMode/ PixelCoordMode.

in the top of my script is

Opt("MouseCoordMode", 0)
Opt("PixelCoordMode", 0)

there is no difference on my computer if it set to 1 or 0

if i click on red it gives me red

Why don´t you post a screenshot?

for what reason? what u want see. 10 screenshots when i click on the same position and it gives differents colors?

11 hours ago, Miliardsto said:

for what reason? what u want see. 10 screenshots when i click on the same position and it gives differents colors?

Yes! There IS a reason, and I want to see it! 

You asked for help and support us with...nothing. Waste our time is not very solution-oriented...

#15 ·  Posted (edited)

Jos is correct it is returning the pixel at the very tip of your mouse pointer.

problem solved here.

Edited by Nitrolord

#16 ·  Posted

lol . it not solve the problem. its not problem in 3 pixels right or down. 

cLICK ON THE same color - still same color - gives different colors

#17 ·  Posted (edited)

and Miliardsto refuses to give the name of the application. So, I have no choice but to assume it is for a game and that is against forum rules. Time to put up or stop. The name of the application you are wanting to automate please.

Edited by Bert

#18 ·  Posted

52 minutes ago, Miliardsto said:

lol . it not solve the problem. its not problem in 3 pixels right or down. 

cLICK ON THE same color - still same color - gives different colors

I will do a *click* for this threat as it seems all important information is exchanged that you are willing to share.

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi all
      I want a way to get the last key pressed.
      I have a program that works with keyboard shortcuts and I want to  give the permission for the user to edit shortcut keys depending on what suits him
      i  want to make read-only edit box and the program writes the latest shortcut key pressed
      Please help me,
      greetings to all
      And thanks in advance
    • AndyS19
      By AndyS19
      I have a listview with 3 columns and I want to set the 3rd column's color based on the item's 'Param' value, but even though I set up for the 3rd column, the entire row always gets the color.
      My test code is below, but here is the pertinent code:
      Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam Local $hWndFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR $tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $ilParam) $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom")) $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code") Switch $hWndFrom Case $hListView Switch $iCode Case $NM_CUSTOMDRAW Local $iDrawStage, $tCustDraw $tCustDraw = DllStructCreate($tagNMLVCUSTOMDRAW, $ilParam) $iDrawStage = DllStructGetData($tCustDraw, 'dwDrawStage') Switch $iDrawStage Case BitOR(0, $CDDS_ITEMPREPAINT) ;, $CDDS_SUBITEM) setItemColor($tCustDraw, $hWndFrom) Return $CDRF_NOTIFYSUBITEMDRAW EndSwitch EndSwitch EndSwitch Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>WM_NOTIFY Func setItemColor($tCustDraw, $hWnd) Local $iIndex, $color, $iSubitem $iIndex = DllStructGetData($tCustDraw, 'dwItemSpec') ; item number $color = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemParam($hWnd, $iIndex) $iSubitem = DllStructGetData($tCustDraw, 'iSubItem') ; Here, I want to only change the color of the 3rd col, and not the 1st and 2nd cols DllStructSetData($tCustDraw, 'iSubItem', 2) ; always use the 3rd column (the 'sample' col) logmsg("+++: setItemColor($tCustDraw, 0x" & Hex($hWnd) & ") entered ... " _ & ", $iIndex = " & $iIndex & ", $iSubItem = " & $iSubitem & ", $color = " & Hex($color)) DllStructSetData($tCustDraw, 'clrText', $color) ; set the Text color DllStructSetData($tCustDraw, 'clrTextBk', bitnot($color)) ; set the background color EndFunc ;==>setItemColor Func logmsg($msg, $lnum = @ScriptLineNumber) ConsoleWrite("+++:" & $lnum & ": " & $msg & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>logmsg
      Here is the full test code:
      #include-once ;#cs #NoTrayIcon #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n #AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=N Opt("GUICloseOnESC", 1) ; ESC closes GUI? (0 = no, 1 = yes) Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; Change to OnEvent mode Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1) OnAutoItExitRegister("_test_exit") Opt("GUIEventOptions", 1) ;0=default, 1=just notification, 2=GuiCtrlRead tab index Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", -2) ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced, -1 to -4=Nocase #include <GuiListBox.au3> #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <ColorConstants.au3> Global $__MCP_obj, $__MCP_GUI_hWnd, $idListView, $hListView Global $hMainWin test() Exit Func test() $hMainWin = GUICreate("Test window", 120, 100, @DesktopWidth / 2, -1) GUICtrlCreateButton("Hwnd", 10, 10, 40, 20) GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "handle_1stTEST_btn") GUICtrlCreateButton("ID", 50, 10, 40, 20) GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "handle_2ndTEST_btn") GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_test_exit") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While (1) Sleep(17) WEnd EndFunc ;==>test Func _myColorPicker($obj) logmsg("+++: $obj = 0x" & Hex($obj) & @CRLF) Local $flags = 0 Local $ww, $wh, $x, $y, $w, $h $__MCP_obj = $obj $ww = 350 $wh = 500 $x = 200 $y = 150 $__MCP_GUI_hWnd = GUICreate("myColorPicker", $ww, $wh, $x, $y, $flags) $x = 10 $y = 10 $w = 150 $h = 20 GUICtrlCreateButton("Set caller's color", $x, $y, $w, $h) GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "__MCP_handle_SetColor_btn") $y += $h + 5 $w = $ww - 25 $h = $wh - 100 $idListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("", $x, $y, $w, $h, -1, BitOR($LVS_EX_GRIDLINES, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT)) $hListView = GUICtrlGetHandle($idListView) $x = $ww / 2 - 50 $y = $wh - 60 $w = 100 $h = 25 GUICtrlCreateButton("Quit Popup", $x, $y, $w, $h) GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "__MCP_handle_QUIT_btn") GUICtrlSetFont($idListView, 8.5, -1, -1, "courier new") _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($idListView, "Name", 100) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($idListView, "Value", 100) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($idListView, "Sample", 100) _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($idListView, 0, 100) _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($idListView, 1, 80) logmsg("+++: $idListView = " & $idListView) logmsg("+++: $hListView = 0x" & Hex($hListView)) __MCP_populateListView($hListView) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_NOTIFY") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $__MCP_GUI_hWnd) EndFunc ;==>_myColorPicker Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam Local $hWndFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR $tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $ilParam) $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom")) $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code") Switch $hWndFrom Case $hListView Switch $iCode Case $NM_CUSTOMDRAW Local $iDrawStage, $tCustDraw $tCustDraw = DllStructCreate($tagNMLVCUSTOMDRAW, $ilParam) $iDrawStage = DllStructGetData($tCustDraw, 'dwDrawStage') Switch $iDrawStage Case BitOR(0, $CDDS_ITEMPREPAINT) ;, $CDDS_SUBITEM) setItemColor($tCustDraw, $hWndFrom) Return $CDRF_NOTIFYSUBITEMDRAW EndSwitch EndSwitch EndSwitch Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>WM_NOTIFY Func setItemColor($tCustDraw, $hWnd) Local $iIndex, $color, $iSubitem $iIndex = DllStructGetData($tCustDraw, 'dwItemSpec') ; item number $color = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemParam($hWnd, $iIndex) $iSubitem = DllStructGetData($tCustDraw, 'iSubItem') ; Here, I want to only change the color of the 3rd col, and not the 1st and 2nd cols DllStructSetData($tCustDraw, 'iSubItem', 2) ; always use the 3rd column (the 'sample' col) logmsg("+++: setItemColor($tCustDraw, 0x" & Hex($hWnd) & ") entered ... " _ & ", $iIndex = " & $iIndex & ", $iSubItem = " & $iSubitem & ", $color = " & Hex($color)) DllStructSetData($tCustDraw, 'clrText', $color) ; set the Text color DllStructSetData($tCustDraw, 'clrTextBk', bitnot($color)) ; set the background color EndFunc ;==>setItemColor Func logmsg($msg, $lnum = @ScriptLineNumber) ConsoleWrite("+++:" & $lnum & ": " & $msg & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>logmsg Func __MCP_exit() GUIDelete($__MCP_GUI_hWnd) EndFunc ;==>__MCP_exit Func __MCP_handle_SetColor_btn() If (IsHWnd($__MCP_obj)) Then GUISetBkColor($COLOR_BLUE, $__MCP_obj) Else GUICtrlSetBkColor($__MCP_obj, $COLOR_BLUE) EndIf EndFunc ;==>__MCP_handle_SetColor_btn Func __MCP_populateListView($hWnd) Local $text, $parts, $iIndex Local Static $aItems[] = [ _ "BLACK | " & $CLR_BLACK & "|" & "", _ "BLUE | " & $CLR_BLUE & "|" & "", _ "RED | " & $CLR_RED & "|" & "", _ "WHITE | " & $CLR_WHITE & "|" & "", _ "YELLOW | " & $CLR_YELLOW & "|" & "" _ ] _GUICtrlListView_BeginUpdate($hWnd) _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($hWnd) For $ndx = 0 To UBound($aItems) - 1 $text = $aItems[$ndx] $parts = StringSplit($text, "|", 2) $parts[0] = StringStripWS($parts[0], 3) $parts[2] = StringStripWS($parts[2], 3) $iIndex = _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hWnd, $parts[0], -1, $parts[1]) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hWnd, $iIndex, Hex($parts[1]), 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hWnd, $iIndex, $parts[0], 2) Next _GUICtrlListView_EndUpdate($hWnd) EndFunc ;==>__MCP_populateListView Func __MCP_handle_QUIT_btn() GUIDelete($__MCP_GUI_hWnd) EndFunc ;==>__MCP_handle_QUIT_btn Func handle_1stTEST_btn() _myColorPicker($hMainWin) EndFunc ;==>handle_1stTEST_btn Func handle_2ndTEST_btn() _myColorPicker(@GUI_CtrlId) EndFunc ;==>handle_2ndTEST_btn Func _test_exit() Exit EndFunc ;==>_test_exit  
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      hello guys
      how are you؟
      I hope to be fine.
      I have a question  please
      how do I get the menu item that was pressed without that contains a variable؟
      For example I have a menu  of Favorites and I want the script recognizes the existing path in the pressed item
      i'll repeat to tell the item does not contain a variable
      Is there any solution
      if you want to explain more I could write an example of what I want.
      Greetings to all,
      thanks in advance
    • Ian_Mac
      By Ian_Mac
      HotKeySet("^{SPACE}", "get_color") $colorCodeHere = ;<---------------- func get_color() Global $point = MouseGetPos() Global $color = PixelGetColor($point[0], $point[1]) MsgBox(0, "debug", "result: " & $color) EndFunc While 1 Sleep(100) WEnd Hello guys my problem is, how can i store the value that i get in that PixelGetColor($point[0], $point[0])
      i know that when i msgbox the color i will show the = of $color
      but i wanted it to be the value like  $colorCodeHere = 13456254. but  not hardcoding the value.

or how could i say 
      if $color is = to $color then do this and if  $color is not  equal to $color then do that.
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello my friends
      I have an urgent question, please help.
      How do I select all the text in the edit or input
      And how to get the currently selected text
      Please help urgently
      Greetings and thanks for all