FrancescoDiMuro

Detect external GUI event close...

2 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Good morning guys :)

I was trying to not open another post, writing here my little issue, but seems that no one cares about, and so, I'm opening another post :)

What I'm trying to do, is detect the event close sent from the virtual keyboard.

Why?

Because, I have an application which, when I set the focus on a textbox, if the virtual keyboard does not exist, then it is created, else, it's not created :)

But, everytime I try to close the virtual keyboard, the focus remains on the textbox, and another $EN_FOCUS event it's launched and detected from my WM_COMMAND, and so, the virtual keyboard is opened again. 

How can I solve this little "issue"? 

I was trying to detect the event sent from the virtual keyboard, storing the handle of it in a variable, and setting:

GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "CloseVK", $hVirtualKeyboard)

without any result.

Can someone please help me? :)

EDIT:

Here I'd like to see @Melba23, @water, @Danyfirex...

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

#2 ·  Posted

Hello. Post code where we can easy run and reproduce the issue. 

Saludos

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• anusha
      By anusha
      Hi I have jus started using auto-it . Please correct me if I'm wrong.
      I need to read data from an input in text box and search in excel file and return value in next column of matched cell on GUI.
      I have written below code but i cannot use variable which has data stored. it works only when search string is hard coded.
      Please help out.

Example()
      Func Example()
      Local $GuiMain = GUICreate("EXCEL TEST", 399, 180) ;creates main GUI
      ;~ Local $idOK = GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "Close")
      Local $iWidthCell = 70
      Local $idLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("PART NUMBER", 10, 30, $iWidthCell,50)
      Local $RUN_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 70, 70, 85, 25)
      Local $Input_1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("PART NUMBER", 100, 20, 120, 20)
      Local $sMenutext = GUICtrlRead($Input_1, 1)
      GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $GuiMain)

While 1
          $MSG = GUIGetMsg()
          Select
              Case $MSG = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                  Exit
              Case $MSG = $RUN_1
                  Local $oAppl = _Excel_Open()

Local $sFilePath1 = "D:\Anu_WorkFolder\Components.xlsx"
      Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oAppl, $sFilePath1, Default, Default, True)
      Local $aResult = _Excel_RangeFind($oWorkbook, $sMenutext , Default, Default, $xlWhole)
    • Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      Hello.
      Drag option works only on parent window but as we can see on the parent gui is showed up child gui (on the right side with the color).
      Desired action is when we want to drag whole program we can also drag child gui and child gui will drag with parent gui.
      How to do this?

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NCHITTEST, "_NCHITTEST") $hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500, -1, -1) $cButton_0 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Child 0", 10, 10, 80, 30) $cButton_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Child 1", 10, 50, 80, 30) $cButton_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Child 2", 10, 90, 80, 30) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) ; guis Global $hChild_[3] Global $countGUI = UBound($hChild_) - 1 ;MsgBox("","",$countGUI) ; licznik dla GUI Global $gui = 0 $hChild_[0] = GUICreate("Child 0", 350, 300, 150, 0, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $hGUI) GUISetBkColor(0xFF0000) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hChild_[0]) $hChild_[1] = GUICreate("Child 1", 350, 300, 150, 0, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $hGUI) GUISetBkColor(0x00FF00) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hChild_[1]) $hChild_[2] = GUICreate("Child 2", 350, 300, 150, 0, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $hGUI) GUISetBkColor(0x0000FF) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hChild_[2]) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $cButton_0 _All_Hide() GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hChild_[0]) $gui = 0 Case $cButton_1 _All_Hide() GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hChild_[1]) $gui = 1 Case $cButton_2 _All_Hide() GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hChild_[2]) $gui = 2 EndSwitch WEnd Func _All_Hide() GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hChild_[0]) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hChild_[1]) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hChild_[2]) EndFunc Func _NCHITTEST($hWnd, $uMsg, $wParam, $lParam) If $hWnd = $hGUI Then Local $aPos = WinGetPos($hWnd) If Abs(BitAND(BitShift($lParam, 16),0xFFFF)- $aPos[1]) < 500 Then Return $HTCAPTION EndIf Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc  
    • IAMK
      By IAMK
      Hello,

I have a script which uses a GUI with two buttons. It gets shown and hidden., and pressing the buttons (including their hotkeys) highlights the button, making you able to press enter the next time.
      However, I don't want that.

I've tried using WinActivate() to make enter do things on another program, but the enter is still tied to the AutoIT GUI (which still has the button highlighted).

Here's the important part of my code:
      $MY_GUI = GUICreate("Check.exe", 400, 300, ((@DesktopWidth / 2) - 200), -500) WinSetOnTop($MY_GUI, "", 1) ;Keeps the window on the top. $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Pass (Ctrl+P)", 40, 250, 120, 40, $WS_GROUP) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif") $Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Fail (Ctrl+F)", 240, 250, 120, 40, $WS_GROUP) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif") $GUIText = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 20, 10, 360, 230) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 13, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif") GUICtrlSetData($GUIText, Execute($stepMessage[$step])) $showGUI = "True" GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While($showGUI = "True") $buttonPressed = GUIGetMsg() Switch $buttonPressed Case $Button1 ;Pass $pass = "True" $buttonPressed = 0 $showGUI = "False" GUISetState(@SW_HIDE) Case $Button2 ;Fail $buttonPressed = 0 $showGUI = "False" GUISetState(@SW_HIDE) While($message = "") $message = InputBox("Check.exe", "Please enter the reason the step failed." & @CRLF, "", "", 300, 200, ((@DesktopWidth / 2) - 150), -400) WEnd Return $message EndSwitch WEnd Local $pass = "False" ;Whether "Pass" or "Fail" was pressed. Local $failLog = xxxfunc($pass) ;Returns a message to log if the step failed. ##THIS CALLS THE CODE SNIPPET ABOVE## FileWrite($file, _Now() & ": Step " & $step & getStatus($pass) & "and took " & Ceiling(TimerDiff($timer) / 1000) & " seconds." & @CRLF) If($failLog <> "") Then FileWrite($file, "Logged comment: " & $failLog & @CRLF) EndIf WinActivate("[TITLE:ProgramName]") ;Hotkeys: HotKeySet("^{p}", "pressPass") HotKeySet("^{f}", "pressFail") Func pressPass() $buttonPressed = $Button1 EndFunc Func pressFail() $buttonPressed = $Button2 EndFunc  
      The GUI's button/hotkey pressing works correctly.
      The same WinActivate code works in another script of mine.
      Together, WinActivate is not take "Active" away from the GUI's last-pressed button. How do I fix this?

Thank you in advance.
    • nassausky
      By nassausky
      Hi all,

Anyone have any idea how to close all open tabs except a specific one I manually open.  Assuming I don't know what is open in all the tabs except just the one I want to keep open.

I didn't want to use sendkeys and I was trying to use the following code to list the title (or url) of the 3 open tabs and  after I got that part working I would just close the other 2. This sample only displays the title of the first open tab
      #include <IE.au3> Const $ie_new_in_tab = 0x0800 $oIE = _IECreate("https://www.autoitscript.com") __IENavigate($oIE, "https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/", 1, $ie_new_in_tab) ;(obj,url,wait,param) __IENavigate($oIE, "https://www.google.com/", 1, $ie_new_in_tab) ;(obj,url,wait,param) Local $aIE[1] $aIE[0] = 0 Local $i = 1, $oIE While 1     $oIE = _IEAttach("", "instance", $i)     If @error = $_IEStatus_NoMatch Then ExitLoop     ConsoleWrite(_IEPropertyGet($oIE, "title") & @CRLF)     ReDim $aIE[$i + 1]     $aIE[$i] = $oIE ;each item holds object     $aIE[0] = $i ;first item holds count     $i += 1 WEnd MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Browsers Found", "Number of browser instances in the array: " & $aIE[0]) ; This doesn't return the list of tabs in the console just the first tab  
      Thanks for any and all help
    • fatpig
      By fatpig
      Dear AutoIT Community.
      I am currently working on a program that will display lots of images in a scroll down GUI.
      I create the GUI based on the number of images, which works fine.
      But all images I place using GuiCtrlCreatePic above a threshold of around 32000 pixels (cant say exactly) are placed at negative locations and finally will reach 0 again
      and will then populate on top of the images placed there before.
      For $i = 1 To $Images[0] ; Get picture dimensions $hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($ImgRep & $Images[$i]) $iX = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hImage) $iY = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hImage) _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImage) ; Resize & place images in GUI $Pic[$i] = GUICtrlCreatePic($ImgRep & $Images[$i], $Spacer, Round($yPos, 0), $MaxImgWidth, $MaxImgWidth * ($iY / $iX)) $yPos = $yPos + $MaxImgWidth * ($iY / $iX) + $Spacer $log = $log & "|" & $yPos $currentlut = $Images[1] Next I have found a limit at 32767 pixels for some GUI elements when googling around.
      Can someone tell me how to circumvent that?
      thanks!
      cheers
      Felix