dpcompower

Help: _ExcelReadSheetToArray with Time value

dpcompower

When I used the function, cell that has value as time (HH:mm, ex: 10:38:00 AM) showed in array as decimal (ex: 0.443055555555556.)

There's no parameter in the function to ask it to treat as text at least.

This line of code is to load the cell value into the returned array:

$avRET[$r][$c] = $oExcel.Activesheet.Cells($iStartRow + $r - 1, $iStartColumn + $c - 1).Value

So how can I change it so that it would return the value as Time which is what it was formatted on Excel sheet; or at least text?

I did change it to:

$avRET[$r][$c] = String($oExcel.Activesheet.Cells($iStartRow + $r - 1, $iStartColumn + $c - 1).Value)

But didn't work, I guess it was because of how Excel object deal with cell value.

Please help! Thanks.

Subz

Change ".value" to ".text" should work

dpcompower

Thanks a lot! Never thought of that simple.

I modified the UDF on my PC to have another function to read all cells as text as you told, that way I can use the original one when I do need value.

I thought about modify the original function to have another parameter, but I think keep it as is is better way to do.

water

Seems you are using a quite old version of the Excel UDF. The Excel UDF has been rewritten and is now faster and easier to use.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-01-27 - Version 1.3.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki