Help with basic script

Hello guys, im new in this forum and i'm looking for help to make a basic script, this script should be like

Focus in 1 active window

Search for "a" pixel colour on (x,y coordinate)
if colour "a" found then  press F1
wait(y seconds)

Search for "b" pixel colour on (x,y coordinate)
if colour "b" found then  press F2
wait(y seconds)

Search for "c" pixel colour on (x,y coordinate)
if colour "c" found then  press F3
wait(y seconds)

and the script should be always running until I close it

couldnt someone help me with this?

Edited by Chimerians

• Developers

Welcome,

12 minutes ago, Chimerians said:

couldnt someone help me with this?

Help as in coding it for you or did you already do some research? :)
What is it for as this feels like game automation to me?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Just now, Jos said:

Welcome,

Help as in coding it for you or did you already do some research? :)
What is it for as this feels like game automation to me?

Jos

Hi jos, I did some research and im still searching, i dont have any skills at coding but im trying to learn and do something.

This is not related to any game but to make my professional life easier.

• Developers
Just now, Chimerians said:

This is not related to any game but to make my professional life easier.

Care to share what that is as checking for pixels is in general not the best approach?
Rather use WinXXXX and ControlXXXX  functions for automation of  windows applications.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

There are tests that youre required to press X key if a certain image appears, not everyone plays games here, I requested some help, if you want to help me with my request im really thankful, if not, thank you alot anyway

Edited by Chimerians

• Developers

Not sure why you are remaining vague and actually somewhat "in attack mode" when I ask some questions. 
I am fine when you don't want to share more details and wish you lots of success with your scripting.

Over-and-out,
Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

1 minute ago, Jos said:

Not sure why you are remaining vague and actually somewhat "in attack mode" when I ask some questions. 
I am fine when you don't want to share more details and wish you lots of success with your scripting.

Over-and-out,
Jos

I'm sorry Jos, but youre the only one here in "attack mode", I asked for help, you said that this looks like game automation, I said its not and explained you the situation, now you said i'm beeing "vague", you want my to write in here the name of the company i work for and perhaps my emplo number? Like i said before, if you want to add something usefull to my script, im very thankful

Best regards

• Developers
16 minutes ago, Jos said:

Care to share what that is as checking for pixels is in general not the best approach?
Rather use WinXXXX and ControlXXXX  functions for automation of  windows applications

I do not see what could be making you feel attacked in this reply after you stated it isn't for a game.
Would think this is a pretty open question with some advice in it.

Like i said ...  I am done with you as it seems like you feel very defensive about my initial question about gaming and that is really your problem.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

2 minutes ago, Jos said:

I do not see what could be making you feel attacked in this reply after you stated it isn't for a game.
Would think this is a pretty open question with some advice in it.

Like i said ...  I am done with you as it seems like you feel very defensive about my initial question about gaming and that is really your problem.

Jos

No one is beeing "defensive" about anything, its just like you didnt add any value to the topic

My 2 cents worth:
Pixel based operations are not very reliable as they depend on screen size, resolution, window position, user interaction etc.
That's why we suggest Win* or Control* functions.
To give more detailed advice we need to know what you exactly try to achieve, what you have tried before (please post your code), and what - if anything - went wrong (please post detailed error description plus what you get in the SciTE output pane).

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

BTW: Could you please give meaningful titles to your threads as everyone on this forum is looking for help ;)
The more information you provide the more help you'll get :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki