ur

How to get previous date from a string

4 posts in this topic

I have date in the string format as "DD-MM-YYYY".

I need to get yesterday's date from it.

I tried converting this from _DateTimeFormat but not working.

Is there any direct UDF available to get this.?

Oh!! Thanks @jguinch

Unnecessarily, I created below logic in the meanwhile.

Func yeterdayDate($sDate)

$f =  StringSplit($sDate,"-");StringSplit("22-01-2018","-")
_ArrayDisplay($f)
if $f[1]>1 then
    $f[1]-= 1
Else
    If Number($f[2])-1 =1 or Number($f[2])=3 or Number($f[2])=5 or Number($f[2])=7 or Number($f[2])=8 or Number($f[2])=10 or Number($f[2])=12 Then
        $f[1]=31
    ElseIf Number($f[2] - 1) < 1 Then
        $f[1]=31
        $f[2]=12
        $f[3]=Number($f[3])-1
    Else
        $f[1]=30
    EndIf
EndIf

padZero($f[1])
padZero($f[2])
padZero($f[3])

;MsgBox(0,"",$f[1]&"-"&$f[2]&"-"&$f[3])
return $f[1]&"-"&$f[2]&"-"&$f[3]

EndFunc

Func padZero(ByRef $sValue)
    if Number($sValue)<10 Then
        $sValue = "0"&Number($sValue)
    EndIf
EndFunc

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Shedunn
      By Shedunn
      I've been looking through some different functions(not sure if that's the right word) to get the Date and time and I can't find one that doesn't include "/ " or ":" in what is returned.

I'm trying to create a file name with this format "QuickConfig_MMDDYYYY_HHMM"  (doesn't matter if 24 or 12hr format)
      #include <Date.au3> Func _SaveConfig MouseClick('primary',155, 46, 1, 0) ;clicks save as WinWait('Save bluePRINT Configuration As...','', 4) MouseClick('primary',632, 47, 1, 0) ;clicks the file path bar $Documents = @MyDocumentsDir $FilePath = $Documents & '\BP3 Configs' Send($FilePath) Send('{ENTER}') MouseClick('primary',166, 580, 1, 0) ;clicks file name bar $FileName = 'QuickConfig_' & _NowDate & '_' & _NowTime Send($FileName) Send('{ENTER}') EndFunc  

I'm wondering if there is a function somewhere to do this?
    • XinYoung
      By XinYoung
      Hello again,
      I'm trying to use the FileMove function to rename a bunch of text files.
      Some of the files have "_1" at the end of their name, for example, "File123_1.txt". I want to remove the "_1" so it would become "File123.txt".
      What I currently have...
              FileMove($sSource & "\*_1.txt", $sDestination & "\*.txt")
      But since I'm using a wildcard, it doesn't appear to be working. I think it's just replacing .txt with .txt. Am I going about this the wrong way? How can I use wildcards and still accomplish this?
      Any help is greatly appreciated ^__^
    • rkr
      By rkr
      Hi, i want to read a particular string from a text file using autoit. i wish to read it without explicitly opening the text file. the copied string should be then transferred to an excelbook (again, no need to explicitly open the excel book)... 

with reference to my screenshot attached, my input to the  'script'' is going to be 0017-0008, and the script should copy the highlighted two lines from the input file to excel
      thanks

• ur
      By ur
      In some systems the date is displayed in the Taskbar as
      10-01-2018
      And in some systems it is like, 1/10/2018
      And in some it is, 10-Jan-2018
      And in different formats.

I wrote my code to convert 1/10/2018 to 10-01-2018
      Func TodaysDate() $NewDate = _DateTimeFormat(_NowCalcDate(),1) $Array = StringSplit( $NewDate , ',' ) _ArrayDelete($Array, 0) _ArrayDelete($Array, 0) $Array1 = StringSplit($Array[0],' ') RemoveEmptyArrayLines($Array1) ;Will return the present day's date with format dd-mmm-yyyy ;$Date = StringStripWS($Array1[2]&"-"&StringLeft($Array1[1], 3)&"-"&$Array[1], $STR_STRIPALL) $Date = StringStripWS($Array1[2]&"-"&changeDateformat(StringLeft($Array1[1], 3))&"-"&$Array[1], $STR_STRIPALL) return $Date EndFunc Func RemoveEmptyArrayLines(ByRef $arrLines) $intCount = 1 While $intCount < UBound($arrLines) $arrLines[$intCount] = StringStripWS($arrLines[$intCount],$STR_STRIPLEADING + $STR_STRIPTRAILING) If StringLen($arrLines[$intCount])=0 Then _ArrayDelete($arrLines, $intCount) $intCount = $intCount - 1 EndIf $intCount = $intCount + 1 WEnd EndFunc ;To convert mmm to mm format Func changeDateformat($sText) Local $sMsg = StringStripWS($sText, $STR_STRIPALL) Switch $sMsg Case "Jan" $sMsg = "01" Case "Feb" $sMsg = "02" Case "Mar" $sMsg = "03" Case "Apr" $sMsg = "04" Case "May" $sMsg = "05" Case "Jun" $sMsg = "06" Case "Jul" $sMsg = "07" Case "Aug" $sMsg = "08" Case "Sep" $sMsg = "09" Case "Oct" $sMsg = "10" Case "Nov" $sMsg = "11" Case "Dec" $sMsg = "12" EndSwitch return $sMsg EndFunc But again it will work on machines only with 1/10/2018.
      Is there any direct function which will give only in the format 10-01-2018, whatever the system settings is.?
      I tried all the arguments for _DateTimeFormat, but showing machine dependent settings only.
      Google given these two links in AutoIT but these are also for specific formats only,like mine.

Please suggest.
    • cheeroke
      By cheeroke
      Hi all,
      I got this code and would like to be able to change Baud Rate and instead of sending character by character i would like to be able (if possible) to send whole string. But i don't know how to change it.
      I am taking input from file and processing whole line (this is done in FilesHandling.au3).
      To execute this i am just calling SendData("FileName", int) in "main" script.
      Any help very appreciated.
      #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include "FilesHandling.au3" ;init DLL function, we need handle to call the function $h = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "CreateFile", "str", "\\.\COM19", "int", BitOR($GENERIC_READ,$GENERIC_WRITE), "int", 0, "ptr", 0, "int", $OPEN_EXISTING, "int", $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, "int", 0) $handle=$h[0] Func SendData($FileName, $LineNumber) ;string to be send $c = readFile($FileName, $LineNumber) $cLenght = StringLen($c) $aArray = StringSplit($c, "") ;_ArrayDisplay($aArray, "", Default, 64) For $i = 1 To $cLenght writeChar($handle, $aArray[$i], $cLenght) Next ;move to next line writeChar($handle, @CR,1) EndFunc ;write a single char func writeChar($handle,$c,) $stString = DLLStructCreate("char str") $lpNumberOfBytesWritten = 0 DllStructSetData($stString, 1, $c) $res = _WinAPI_WriteFile($handle, DllStructGetPtr($stString, "str"), 1,$lpNumberOfBytesWritten) if ($res<>true) then ConsoleWrite ( _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage() & @LF) EndIf EndFunc