Ascer

[UDF] Google oAuth 2.0 with AutoIt.

Ascer

1. Description.

• oAuth 2.0 is security system implemented by Google a few years ago.
  • You are able to connect into your Google accounts and manage documents.
  • In this UDF i show you how to pass first authorization process., this allow you to automate most of functions using API interface.

2. Requirements.

3. Possibilities

;============================================================================================================
; Date:             2018-02-10, 14:21
;
; Description:      UDF for authorize your app with oAuth 2.0 Google.
;
; Function(s):
;                   oAuth2GetAuthorizationCode() -> Get Code for "grant".
;                   oAuth2GetAccessToken()       -> Get "access_token" and "refresh_token" first time.
;                   oAuth2RefreshAccessToken()   -> Get current "access_token" using "refresh_token".
;
; Author(s):        Ascer
;============================================================================================================

4. Enable your Google API.

4.1. Video Tutorial not mine!

4.2 Screenshots from authorization process (Polish language) 

autoit 1.png

• Next create an new project

autoit 2.png

• Enter name of you new project and click Create

autoit 3.png

• Google will working now, please wait until finish. Next go to enable your API interface, we make if for Google

autoit 4.png

• Take "Gmail" in search input and after click in found result.

autoit 5.png

• Click Enable interface, Google will working now.

autoit 6.png

• Create your login credentials

autoit 7.png

• Select Windows Interface (combobox), User credentials (radio) and click button what is need bla bla

autoit 8.png

• Type name of a new client id for oAuth 2.0 and click Create a new Client ID.

autoit 9.png

• Next configure screen aplication, type some name and click Next. Google will working now.

autoit 10.png

• Last step on this website is download source with your credentials in *Json format.

autoit 11.png

• Now you received a file named client_id.json, it's how it look in Sublime Text:

autoit 12.png

5. Coding.

• Now we need to call a some function to get access code.

#include <oAuth.au3>

Local $sClientId = "167204758184-vpeues0uk6b0g4jrnv0ipq5fapoig2v8.apps.googleusercontent.com" 
Local $sRedirectUri = "http://localhost"

oAuth2GetAuthorizationCode($sClientId, $sRedirectUri)

• Function will execute default browser for ask you to permission.

autoit 13.png

• Next Google ask you to permission for access to your personal details by application Autoit 

autoit 14.png

• Now you can thing is something wrong but all is ok, you need to copy all after  code= . It your access code.

autoit 15.png

• Let's now ask Google about our Access Token and Refresh Token

#include <oAuth.au3>

Local $sClientId = "167204758184-vpeues0uk6b0g4jrnv0ipq5fapoig2v8.apps.googleusercontent.com"
Local $sClientSecret = "cWalvFr3WxiE6cjUkdmKEPo8"
Local $sAuthorizationCode = "4/AAAPXJOZ-Tz0s6mrx7JbV6nthXSfcxaszFh_aH0azVqHkSHkfiwE8uamcabn4eMbEWg1eAuUw7AU0PQ0XeWUFRo#"

Local $aRet = oAuth2GetAccessToken($sClientId, $sClientSecret, $sAuthorizationCode, $sRedirectUri)

If Ubound($aRet) <> 4 then
    ConsoleWrite("+++ Something wrong with reading ResponseText." & @CRLF)
    Exit
EndIf

ConsoleWrite("Successfully received data from Google." & @CRLF)

ConsoleWrite("access_token: " & $aRet[0] & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("expires_in: " & $aRet[1] & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("refresh_token: " & $aRet[2] & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("token_type: " & $aRet[3] & @CRLF)

• Important! When you received error 400 and output says: Invalid grant it means that your previous generated access_code lost validity and you need to generate new calling previus code.
  • When everything is fine you should received a 4 informations about your: access_token, expires_in, refresh_token and token_type.
  • Access_Token time is a little short so you need to know fuction possible to refresh it (tell Google that he should generate a new Token for you)

#include <oAuth.au3>

Local $sRefreshToken = "1/ba8JpW7TjQH3-UI1BvPaXhSf-oTQ4BmZAbBfhcKgKfY"
Local $sClientSecret = "cWalvFr3WxiE6cjUkdmKEPo8"

Local $aRet = oAuth2RefreshAccessToken($sRefreshToken, $sClientId, $sClientSecret)

If Ubound($aRet) <> 3 then
    ConsoleWrite("+++ Something wrong with reading ResponseText." & @CRLF)
    Exit
EndIf

ConsoleWrite("Successfully received data from Google." & @CRLF)

ConsoleWrite("access_token: " & $aRet[0] & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("expires_in: " & $aRet[1] & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("token_type: " & $aRet[2] & @CRLF)

6. Finish words

Edited by Ascer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

n3wbie

This is wat i was looking for 

it would be great if you can have this tutorial in english language(Images Part)

and thanks For udf

I Havnt Tried this!

But will do it soon