_Excel_RangeFind Error

1 hour ago, water said:

Thanks for the feedback! I've already added this to the Excel wiki :)

Now I  ran into a new challenge , can you please point me in the right direction? 

I am trying to replace more pictures in excel as we discussed here: 

I am trying to use the old image positioning and ratio for the new image, to do that, I search the workbook for a specific string and I get the cell where the string is located. (Because the old image should partially cover that cell where the string is located.) 

Then I use $oShapes and loop through all shapes in the worksheet to find if the shape's upper left corner covers the cell where the string is located, using: 

$oShape.TopLeftCell.Address = "$A$1"

The problem is that the string is in a merged area of cells like A1:A7 and _Excel_RangeFind(string) returns $A$1 because the cells are merged. But the old image's upper left corner covers $A$5 area of the merged cells, so I can't find the correct location of the image to use $oShape.TopLeftCell.Address = "Cell". 

Any ideea what can I do? Can I somehow detect and retrieve the merged area? Or can I use $oShape.TopLeftCell.Address with a range instead of a cell? Or maybe loop through all columns until I find the one with the image? 

If you don't understand what I mean I will came back with a script and a sample file. 

Thank. 

The topleft cell of the merged area like A1:A7 is correctly returned as A1.
If the text seems to cover A5 in this merged area then it is caused by formating the merged area as "centered".
Unfortunately I do not know of a way to determine the exact position of a centered text in a merged area. Sorry.

BTW: A screenshot would be fine :)

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thank you.

The problem was that i couldn't get the correct cell/position of an image by searching for a text in that cell, because the text is in a merged area(see attached screenshoot).

The search returned A1 but the image's upper left corner is in E1.

Still i managed to get the correct position by looping through all columns, once i found the Row number.

Local $aResult1 = _Excel_RangeFind($oWorkbook, "Text to search for.")
Local $var1 = $aResult1[0][2]

Local $tmp1 = "A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H"
Local $Letters1 = StringSplit($tmp1, ",")
    For $i = 1 To $Letters1[0]
        For $oShape In $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Shapes
$img1find = StringReplace($var1, StringMid($var1, 2, 1), $Letters1[$i])

If $oShape.TopLeftCell.Address = $img1find Then

$iTop = $oShape.Top
                        $iLeft = $oShape.Left
                        $iWidth = $oShape.Width
                        $iHeight = $oShape.Height
                        $oShape.Delete
                        $oExcel.Worksheets(1).Shapes.AddPicture(@DesktopDir & "\newpic.jpg", False, True, $iLeft, $iTop, $iWidth, $iHeight)
                        ExitLoop
            EndIf
            ExitLoop
        Next

Next

Thanks for all your help again, the script is fully functional now.

Untitled.png

Edited by JohnyX

Great :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki