Little automation

DearCode

Dear All 

Firstly apologies if that is not correct place to post this kind of questions 

I would like to ask for help AutoIT gurus out there.

I am looking to create a script that will check in short intervals if the window title changed and send a set of instruction if it did and different set of instructions if it did not and not sure how to achieve this. All help much appreciated. 

Thank you in advance  

I am not quite sure how to capture the window title and store it for comparison so later when script checks the window title it can see if it has been changed or not and when it did than how to capture that change again for comparison later. I am quite new to this so not sure where to start really 

• Developers
6 minutes ago, DearCode said:

I am quite new to this so not sure where to start really 

A good start could be to open the helpfile and search/read on this topic. ;)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@Jos It says something along the lines of  you should keep your useless comments to yourself if you do not want to help or advise which is fine wit me but as a part of that community I will imagine you would want to promote the software with nice and helpful attitude rather than sarky little comments that feed your little ego. Main thing here is for some knowledgeable person it will be 3 lines of code done in few minutes but based on your comments you are not one of them clearly. Now go on and ban me if you can 

Thank you @Nine for reply 

i think the issue is that you want US to write it for you. but we don't normally do that, we like to teach a person to fish and feed them for a lifetime, not just hand you a fish and feed you for now.... get it?

You can provide your code, working or not for us to see what it is you are trying to do and many experts here will chime in and help.

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

• Developers
1 hour ago, DearCode said:

It says something along the lines of  you should keep your useless comments to yourself if you do not want to help or advise which is fine wit me but as a part of that community I will imagine you would want to promote the software with nice and helpful attitude rather than sarky little comments that feed your little ego. Main thing here is for some knowledgeable person it will be 3 lines of code done in few minutes but based on your comments you are not one of them clearly. Now go on and ban me if you can 

aahh.. that is the right attitude to get the proper help here....   just another lazy POS. ...  have fun.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)