Sign in to follow this  
MCv

Connect to Oracle DB problem

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect to an Oracle database at work. I have rights, I have TOAD but I want to automate some stuff.

In the TOAD login windows, it says it is connecting using OraClient10g_home1 and this is a screenshot of the Oracle Homes when I click the 3 dots next to OraClient10g_home1:

image.png.ff53db16b347bf1e4e9be85a103ef99f.png

I can find all kinds of strings in the file tnsnames.ora, but so far none work. Anyone any ideas? I tried mLipok's _ADO_GetProvidersList, but there is no local installed Oracle client. The G drive is a network drive.

Tried variants of "DRIVER={Oracle in OraClient10g_home1};Server=name;uid=login;pwd=pass;" and

"SERVER=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=123.123.123.123)(PORT=1234))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=xxxx)));uid=login;pwd=pass;"

But so far.. nothing. Does anyone have a clue how I can use the TOAD settings and make them work for AutoIt?

I suppose I can try automating TOAD itself, but that seems like a lot of unnecessary work.

Have a look at https://www.connectionstrings.com/ for the correct form of the connections tring.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2020-10-10 - Version 1.5.2.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2020-12-15 - Version 1.6.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2020-06-27 - Version 1.3.2.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki, WebDriver - Wiki

Thanks, already used those. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction by telling me which settings from TOAD I should use. Trial and error didn't work so far.