Colduction

Find Administrator and Guest username

Hi AutoIt scriptwriters! 

In some of windows operating systems, i saw that "Administrator" and "Guest" username in different languages are "Administradore" and "Gast" and etc. 

How to make a simple script to find Administrator and Guest username in different language in these systems?

Another way:

#include <Security.au3>

Global $g_aComputerSID = _Security__LookupAccountName(@ComputerName)
    If @error Then Exit
ConsoleWrite(_GetAccountName($g_aComputerSID[0] & "-500") & @CRLF) ;~ Administator Account SID
ConsoleWrite(_GetAccountName($g_aComputerSID[0] & "-501") & @CRLF) ;~ Guest Account SID

Func _GetAccountName($_sAccountSID)
    Local $aAccountSID = _Security__LookupAccountSid($_sAccountSID, @ComputerName)
    Local $sAccoutName = @error = 0 And IsArray($aAccountSID) ? $aAccountSID[0] : ""
    Return $sAccoutName
EndFunc

14 hours ago, AdamUL said:

_AccountEnum function.

I want to automatically detect name of Administrator and Guest accounts in another system that have non-english language

_AccountEnum can't help me in this issue

Don't bother with the Guest account name, 99% of the time that account is disabled and useless for any purposes.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

19 hours ago, Subz said:

Another way:

#include <Security.au3>

Global $g_aComputerSID = _Security__LookupAccountName(@ComputerName)
    If @error Then Exit
ConsoleWrite(_GetAccountName($g_aComputerSID[0] & "-500") & @CRLF) ;~ Administator Account SID
ConsoleWrite(_GetAccountName($g_aComputerSID[0] & "-501") & @CRLF) ;~ Guest Account SID

Func _GetAccountName($_sAccountSID)
    Local $aAccountSID = _Security__LookupAccountSid($_sAccountSID, @ComputerName)
    Local $sAccoutName = @error = 0 And IsArray($aAccountSID) ? $aAccountSID[0] : ""
    Return $sAccoutName
EndFunc

Thanks @Subz, your code worked properly for me!

@Subz, I have similar question:

How can i find and detect "Administrators" and "Remote Desktop Users" name in Local Groups? because I saw another languages that they were;

• Administrators =====> Administradores (Germany)
  • Remote Desktop Users ======> Usuarios de escritorio remoto (Spannish)

6 hours ago, BrewManNH said:

99% of the time that account is disabled and useless for any purposes.

No, It's useful for me when i want to grant a person with limited access, such as my brother! :X

23 minutes ago, Colduction said:

No, It's useful for me when i want to grant a person with limited access, such as my brother! :X

Then just create an account. If it's REALLY for someone such as your brother then you know what the Guest account is called. I'm stating to smell fish here.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

@Colduction,

Please give me a proper answer this time as you ignored me conveniently last time:

What are you really trying to do as this can't have anything to do with your brother and limiting access.
Do not ignore me this time as the will have repercussions. 

Jos

@ everybody else: Stay out until this thread is cleared again!

@Colduction,

As you elected not to answer yet, your posting capability is revoked until you change your mind and give me that answer.

Jos

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By argumentum
      ..was looking for UserName from SessionID so I put this together
      #include <Debug.au3> ; for _DebugArrayDisplay() ; all you can get from _WTSQuerySessionInformation() Global $i = _WTSQuerySessionInformation(-1, 4) ; current user's SessionId Global $__a_WTS_INFO_CLASS = StringSplit("WTSInitialProgram,WTSApplicationName,WTSWorkingDirectory,WTSOEMId,WTSSessionId,WTSUserName," & _ "WTSWinStationName,WTSDomainName,WTSConnectState,WTSClientBuildNumber,WTSClientName,WTSClientDirectory,WTSClientProductId,WTSClientHardwareId," & _ "WTSClientAddress,WTSClientDisplay,WTSClientProtocolType,WTSIdleTime,WTSLogonTime,WTSIncomingBytes,WTSOutgoingBytes,WTSIncomingFrames," & _ "WTSOutgoingFrames,WTSClientInfo,WTSSessionInfo,WTSSessionInfoEx,WTSConfigInfo,WTSValidationInfo,WTSSessionAddressV4,WTSIsRemoteSession", ",", 2) For $n = 0 To UBound($__a_WTS_INFO_CLASS) -1 ConsoleWrite($n & @TAB & StringLeft($__a_WTS_INFO_CLASS[$n] & ' ________________', 24) & " " & _WTSQuerySessionInformation($i, $n, 1) & @CRLF) Next Global $a = ListUserSessions() _DebugArrayDisplay($a, "ListUserSessions()") Func ListUserSessions() ; mod. of https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/139774-dllcall-and-returned-pointers/?do=findComment&comment=980850 Local $_Self_SessionId = _WTSQuerySessionInformation(-1, 4) ; -1 = current user ; 4 = WTSSessionId Local Enum $e_IsSelf_SessionId, $e_SessionName, $e_UserName, $e_SessionId, $e_StateName, $e_StateInt, $e_ClientName, $e_ClientIp, $e_Domain, $e_UBound Local Const $tagWTS_SESSION_INFO = 'dword SessionId;ptr WinStationName;uint State' Local $aResult = DllCall('wtsapi32.dll', 'int', 'WTSEnumerateSessionsW', 'ptr', 0, 'dword', 0, 'dword', 1, 'ptr*', 0, 'dword*', 0) If @error Or $aResult[0] = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, "") ; https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/wtsapi32/ne-wtsapi32-_wts_connectstate_class Local $aConnectionState = StringSplit("Active,Connected,ConnectQuery,Shadow,Disconnected,Idle,Listen,Reset,Down,Init", ",", 2) Local $tInfo, $Offset = 0, $c = 0, $aReturn[$aResult[5] + 1][$e_UBound] ; $e_UBound is the last enumerator, just to determine the size of the array $aReturn[0][$e_SessionId] = "ID" $aReturn[0][$e_SessionName] = "SessionName" $aReturn[0][$e_StateInt] = "StateInt" $aReturn[0][$e_StateName] = "State" $aReturn[0][$e_UserName] = "UserName" $aReturn[0][$e_ClientName] = "ClientName" $aReturn[0][$e_ClientIp] = "ClientIp" $aReturn[0][$e_Domain] = "Domain" For $i = 1 To $aResult[5] $tInfo = DllStructCreate($tagWTS_SESSION_INFO, $aResult[4] + $Offset) $Offset += DllStructGetSize($tInfo) $c += 1 $aReturn[$c][$e_SessionId] = DllStructGetData($tInfo, 'SessionId') $aReturn[$c][$e_SessionName] = DllStructGetData(DllStructCreate('wchar[1024]', DllStructGetData($tInfo, 'WinStationName')), 1) $aReturn[$c][$e_StateInt] = DllStructGetData($tInfo, 'State') If UBound($aConnectionState) > $aReturn[$c][$e_StateInt] Then $aReturn[$c][$e_StateName] = $aConnectionState[$aReturn[$c][$e_StateInt]] $aReturn[$c][$e_UserName] = _WTSQuerySessionInformation($aReturn[$c][$e_SessionId], 5) ; WTSUserName $aReturn[$c][$e_ClientName] = _WTSQuerySessionInformation($aReturn[$c][$e_SessionId], 10) ; WTSClientName $aReturn[$c][$e_ClientIp] = _WTSQuerySessionInformation($aReturn[$c][$e_SessionId], 14) ; WTSClientAddress $aReturn[$c][$e_Domain] = _WTSQuerySessionInformation($aReturn[$c][$e_SessionId], 7) ; WTSDomainName $aReturn[0][$e_IsSelf_SessionId] = $c If $_Self_SessionId = $aReturn[$c][$e_SessionId] Then $aReturn[$c][$e_IsSelf_SessionId] = 1 Else $aReturn[$c][$e_IsSelf_SessionId] = 0 EndIf Next DllCall('wtsapi32.dll', 'none', 'WTSFreeMemory', 'ptr', $aResult[4]) Return $aReturn EndFunc ;==>ListUserSessions Func _WTSQuerySessionInformation($SessionId, $WTSInfoClass = 10, $iReturnAsIs = 0) ; mod. of https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/134679-get-hostname-of-the-client-connected-to-the-terminalserver-session/ Local $aResult = DllCall("Wtsapi32.dll", "int", "WTSQuerySessionInformation", "Ptr", 0, "int", $SessionId, "int", $WTSInfoClass, "ptr*", 0, "dword*", 0) If @error Or $aResult[0] = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, "") Local $ip = DllStructGetData(DllStructCreate("byte[" & $aResult[5] & "]", $aResult[4]), 1) DllCall("Wtsapi32.dll", "int", "WTSFreeMemory", "ptr", $aResult[4]) If $iReturnAsIs Then Return $ip Switch $WTSInfoClass ; https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/wtsapi32/ns-wtsapi32-_wts_client_address Case 4 ; WTSSessionId Return Int('0x' & StringTrimRight(StringReverse($ip), 3)) Case 14 ; WTSClientAddress If Not (Int(StringLeft($ip, 4)) = 2) Then ; IPv4 $ip = "" Else $ip = Dec(StringMid($ip, 15, 2)) & '.' & Dec(StringMid($ip, 17, 2)) & '.' & Dec(StringMid($ip, 19, 2)) & '.' & Dec(StringMid($ip, 21, 2)) EndIf EndSwitch Return StringReplace(BinaryToString($ip), Chr(0), "") EndFunc ;==>_GetWTSClientName  
    • By bouzzi
      Hi guys,
      I'm trying to make a script that could tell me, from a username list file,  if the username is active, inactive or not existant  in a multi-domain Active Directory....
      I found a few scripts giving me hints but I found nothing to help me to accomplish this task...
      Do you have any ideas !
      Thanks
      Bouzzi!

• By Kevin Finnegan
      Hi all,
      I'm currently writing a backup script to automate the process of storing and compressing data for any member leaving the firm I work at. Ideally I would like to pull the user's display name or full name, for instance, a WMI query selecting FullName WHERE Win32_NetworkLoginProfile Name equals "Domain\kefinnegan" would bring back "Kevin Finnegan" or whatever naming convention your company uses.
      Although this solution seems ideal as long as you log in as a user with privileged access, it won't work if the domain user you wish to backup has been purged from the Active Directory system entirely as the WMIService seems to query it in some shape or form (thousands of members in our firm, need to trim the fat every now and then). I was wondering if it's possible to query an API, service or possibly even scan registry entries stored on the leaver's machine while logged in as the local administrator (can run the script with privileged domain credentials if needs be) that could give me a domain user's full name, who logged onto this machine, without the use of Active Directory?
    • By hhsecond
      Hi folks,
      I am struggling to read time from a remote machine. By initial probing i could find it is possible by WMI object and connectserver (if we need to user password, yes here i need to use another username and password)
      Please help me to sort this out. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 
    • By 0_00_0
      So I've been looking everywhere for an answer to this but I haven't managed to get anything to work. Below is the basic function to set a proxy for IE through the registry. Many say that I can simply write a proxy in the format "user:pass@server:port" to ProxyServer but that hasn't worked for me. I have also tried other suggestions such as creating a ProxyUser / ProxyPass key and writing credentials to those keys but still no dice.

Func _IESetProxy($tProxy) If $tProxy="0" Then RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings", "ProxyEnable", "REG_DWORD", 0) Else RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings", "ProxyServer", "REG_SZ", $tProxy) RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings", "ProxyEnable", "REG_DWORD", 1) EndIf EndFunc     I believe this article from Microsoft may have something to do with it? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834489/EN-US   So I tried this (with 0 and 1 values): RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_HTTP_USERNAME_PASSWORD_DISABLE") RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_HTTP_USERNAME_PASSWORD_DISABLE", "iexplore.exe", "REG_DWORD", 0) RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_HTTP_USERNAME_PASSWORD_DISABLE", "explorer.exe", "REG_DWORD", 0)   and still no luck!   Please! I desperately need help for this! Thanks a million in advance!