Can I find images without 100% match?

lyfritz

So there is an app that has a automation defense. It does so by varying the pixel shades of an image randomly. Example, when I zoom in on the number 1 within the app I can see that some 1's have extra shades of grey on their side and some don't. I have been using this imagesearch https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/files/file/471-image-search-udf/ but I can't make it find the image no matter how I adjust the tolerance. Can you guys help me out?

What is the application you are trying to automate ?  Have you read the forum rules about game automation, as it seems this is what you are attempting to do...

If not, can you post a screen capture that shows the issue.

5 minutes ago, lyfritz said:

It's just a goods purchasing app

Image search is really not the best approach to use.  This application, is it web or windows ?  In either case, you could use some UDF to read that information.  And you didn't answer my question, what is the application you are trying to automate ?  Someone might know the application and give rightful solutions.

If the app has "automation defense" isn't automating it against the terms and conditions? If not, is this really ethical? 😐

All my code provided is Public Domain... but it may not work. ;) Use it, change it, break it, whatever you want.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:
Personal Function Documentation - A personal HelpFile for your functions
Acro.au3 UDF - Automating Acrobat Pro
ToDo Finder - Find #ToDo: lines in your scripts
UI-SimpleWrappers UDF - Use UI Automation more Simply-er
KeePass UDF - Automate KeePass, a password manager
InputBoxes - Simple Input boxes for various variable types

First - Does the App have a TOS that prohibits the automation you are attempting to do? We ask for if there is a TOS that prohibits it, we won't be able to help. If you could check that and get back to us on that question, that would be great. 

Second - when you say it will ruin it for other users - be advised that this puts you on thin ice with ethics. The reason for that is it appears you will harm other users by doing this. I'm requesting a mod to handle this moving forward. 

7 minutes ago, seadoggie01 said:

If the app has "automation defense" isn't automating it against the terms and conditions? If not, is this really ethical? 😐

It advertises itself as not having bots. I haven't read it but im assuming yes as no one wants bots anywhere nowadays. If we only used autoit for anything that allows bots can we really still find much use. Why are we even named autoit if I have to defend myself this much if I just want to make something that can help me get some goods I hope to resale from a flash sale.

18 minutes ago, Bert said:

First - Does the App have a TOS that prohibits the automation you are attempting to do? We ask for if there is a TOS that prohibits it, we won't be able to help. If you could check that and get back to us on that question, that would be great. 

Second - when you say it will ruin it for other users - be advised that this puts you on thin ice with ethics. The reason for that is it appears you will harm other users by doing this. I'm requesting a mod to handle this moving forward. 

I can't ruin it for others as there is a buying limit and it is a pretty established app. What I can see ruining it is posting it on a forum full of people who can automate and saying there's a possibility for profit.

• Developers

@lyfritz,

This all sounds very much like a no-go in these forums so topic closed and not to be discussed anymore!

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Jos locked this topic