WebDriver UDF - Help & Support (II)

Danp2

Hi @Danp2, I just noticed when added below parameters into Chrome options, it seems like if there's a SSL certificate warning, _WD_navigate() function won't return until user manually clicks Advanced -> proceed to 'website'.

"excludeSwitches": [ "enable-automation"], "useAutomationExtension": false

Therefore, below code to automate skipping cert warning page won't work. Without these Chrome options, _WD_navigate() will respond even though SSL cert warning page is presented, and below code works. But without these options, Chrome will display: "Chrome is being controlled by automated test software".

Just want to check with you if there's a way to still automate skipping the SSL cert warning page while the above two Chrome options are specified?

Local Const $advancedElementSelector = "//button[@id='details-button']"
Local Const $proceedElementSelector = "//a[@id='proceed-link']"
Local Const $certWarningString = "Your connection is not private"

_WD_Navigate($sSession, "https://www.samplewebsite.com")

If StringInStr(_WD_GetSource($sSession), $certWarningString) > 0 Then
    _WD_LoadWait($sSession, 0, 5000)
    $advancedElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, $advancedElementSelector)
    $proceedElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, $proceedElementSelector)
    _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $advancedElement, 'click')
    _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $proceedElement, 'click')
EndIf

Access to youtubestudio and authentication

I'm trying to use WebDriver to access youtube Studio to automate some processes but I have some authentication problems

I run a _WD_Navigate() and pause with a MsgBox to login on the browser (Sign in to continue to YouTube)

#include "wd_core.au3"
#include "wd_helper.au3"

Local $sDesiredCapabilities, $sSession
SetupGecko()

_WD_Startup()
If @error <> $_WD_ERROR_Success Then
    Exit -1
EndIf

$sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities)
If @error = $_WD_ERROR_Success Then
    ConsoleWrite("@error: " & @error & @CRLF)
EndIf

Local $url ="https://studio.youtube.com"

_WD_Navigate($sSession, $url)

MsgBox(16, "info",  "login...")

Func SetupGecko()
    _WD_Option('Driver', 'geckodriver.exe')
    _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log trace')
    _WD_Option('Port', 4444)

$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"browserName": "firefox", "acceptInsecureCerts":true}}}'
EndFunc

view attachment: login.png

but after entering the user the following message appears

view attachment: no_access.png

Couldn't sign you in
This browser or app may not be secure. Learn more
Try using a different browser. If you're already using a supported browser, you can refresh your screen and try again to sign in.

How can I overcome this obstacle?

login.png

no_access.png

Thank you very much @Danp2. One last question I have: seems like when using the latest version of UDF, there are around 15-20 seconds delay of launching the chrome driver using _WD_Startup(). When the code enters _WD_Startup(), it takes around 15 - 20 seconds for the chrome driver to appear and the script continue to next function. Is this expected? 

@Danp2, I figured out the root cause of the 15+ second delay for me, it's because below two lines in Func _WD_Startup(). The server I'm running the script does not have Internet connection, and the delay is probably caused by waiting for HTTP response until timeout I guess. 

$sFunction = "_WD_IsLatestRelease"
$lLatest = Call($sFunction)

@Danp2, I think the rest of the script functions are working pretty well for me, I only noticed this one delay during start-up. 😁

I added $WD_DEBUG = $WD_DEBUG_None before calling _WD_Startup(), and it bypasses the version checks, thus resolves the delay as well.

Also looks like when run it with $WD_DEBUG_None, the driver console will not be displayed, it will be just a process running in background, which is also better for the users as they don't need to see the console. 😝 For the functions I have used so far, they are all working well.

On 12/14/2020 at 8:41 PM, Danp2 said:

"acceptInsecureCerts":true

Hello @Danp2 , I have tried it, but don't work.

Func SetupChrome()
_WD_Option('Driver', 'chromedriver.exe')
_WD_Option('Port', 9515)
_WD_Option('DriverParams', '--verbose --log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log"')

$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"goog:chromeOptions": {"w3c": true, "args":[' & """start-maximized""," & " ""disable-infobars""" & "" & '], "excludeSwitches": [ "enable-automation"], "useAutomationExtension": false, "acceptInsecureCerts":true}}}}'
EndFunc

What is going wrong here? Please help me)

4 hours ago, Danp2 said:

Suggest that you move the "acceptInsecureCerts":true outside of your goog:chromeOptions section.

Thanks @Danp2, it helps to avoid that problem with Chrome SSL certificate warning (Your connection is not private). I put  "acceptInsecureCerts":true before goog:chromeOptions.

I try it on Edge webdriver function too, in this case putting before ms:edgeOptions and it works.

Thanks again.

Hi all. 

Is AutoIT able to catch exceptions from the webdriver like the one below ? 

_WD_ElementAction: {"value":{"error":"no such element","message":"no such element: Element_id length is invalid\n  (Ses...
_WD_ElementAction ==> Webdriver Exception: {"value":{"error":"no such element","message":"no such element: Element_id length is invalid\n  (Session info: chrome=87.0.4280.88)","stacktrace":"Backtrace:\n\tOrdinal0 [0x012EC0C3+3326147]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x011D0851+2164817]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x01057298+619160]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00FDB8C3+112835]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00FD8C14+101396]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00FF19F3+203251]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00FD5A16+88598]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00FF1ADA+203482]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00FFE559+255321]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00FF189B+202907]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00FD3DF4+81396]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00FD4DEE+85486]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00FD4D79+85369]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x011E85DC+2262492]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x01472874+1487204]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x014723CD+1486013]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x0147A368+1518680]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x01472F4E+1488958]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x011DED0D+2223373]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x011EA12B+2269483]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x011EA26F+2269807]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x011FECB8+2354360]\n\tBaseThreadInitThunk [0x77B76359+25]\n\tRtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath [0x77CB8944+228]\n\tRtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath [0x77CB8914+180]\n"}}

I have done some searching in this forum and have not been able to find a good solution. 

@Danp2  Do you have a solution for the scoped_dir* folders created in @TempDir each and every time I run WebDriver ?  Whether it is Chrome or Edge, a folder is created and not deleted even if I end my script with :

_WD_DeleteSession($sSession)
_WD_Shutdown()

Searching for a solution, most rely on deleting them periodically.  But in here, someone says that using  Driver.quit() method should delete those folders. 

@Nine Haven't looked into it. It's likely that the __WD_CloseDriver function needs to be revised to allow the webdriver to exit in a more "natural" manner.

FWIW, I think the Driver.quit() bit is only applicable to Selenium.

Edit: Just ran a quick test and the directories were removed when the session is closed with _WD_DeleteSession

Edited by Danp2

Ok, thanks, let me know if you find a solution, cause it is growing fast when you launch multiple scripts.

directories were removed when the session is closed with _WD_DeleteSession

Not for me...

Edited by Nine

1 hour ago, Nine said:

Not for me...

This is the simple script that I was using to test --

#include "wd_core.au3"
#include <File.au3>

Local $sDesiredCapabilities, $sSession

CheckTemp()

SetupChrome()
_WD_Startup()

If @error <> $_WD_ERROR_Success Then
   Exit -1
EndIf

$sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities)
Sleep(2000)
_WD_DeleteSession($sSession)
_WD_Shutdown()

CheckTemp()

Func SetupChrome()
   _WD_Option('Driver', 'chromedriver.exe')
   _WD_Option('Port', 9515)
   _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--verbose --log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log"')
   _WD_Option('DriverClose', False)
   $sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"goog:chromeOptions": {"w3c": true, "excludeSwitches": [ "enable-automation"], "useAutomationExtension": false }}}}'
EndFunc

Func CheckTemp()
    Local $aMatches = _FileListToArray(@TempDir, "scoped_dir*", $FLTA_FOLDERS)

Switch @error
        Case 0
            ConsoleWrite($aMatches[0] & " matching directories" & @CRLF)

Case 4
            ConsoleWrite("No matching directories!" & @CRLF)

Case Else
            ConsoleWrite("@error=" & @error & @CRLF)
    EndSwitch
EndFunc

Generally, the directories get removed for me. After running this around 10-15 times, I did experience one left over directory.

• Jos locked this topic