to close particular excel from the group of opened excels

amb2301

@Nine The only way I can replicate the issue is if Excel is opened with one set of credentials and AutoIt script is run with different credentials, so thought running the example script first would verify if that is the issue.  If amb2301 doesn't get any results with that I would normally try running the script on a new profile and see if it works (just in case it's profile related issue).  If that fails then reinstalling Office is probably the way to go.

13 hours ago, Subz said:

In the help file can you navigate to _Excel_BookList.htm and Open the script and run the script and let us know the results?  If you still don't see anything can you add #RequireAdmin to the top of the script and run that and let us know the results?

Hi Subz, 

As suggested, i run the below code in my system, by creating a folder called Extras & 2 excel files inside of it, the code was working fine, it opened both the excels & i got the below screen...

image.png.9e2fa943e2e695f7c929d79516ce7562.png

#include <Array.au3>
#include <Excel.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

; Create two instances of Excel and open two workbooks
Local $sWorkbook1 = @ScriptDir & "\Extras\_Excel1.xls", $sWorkbook2 = @ScriptDir & "\Extras\_Excel2.xls"
Local $oExcel1 = _Excel_Open()
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_BookList Example", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
Local $oWorkbook1 = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel1, $sWorkbook1)
If @error Then
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_BookList Example", "Error opening workbook '" & $sWorkbook1 & "'." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
    _Excel_Close($oExcel1)
    Exit
EndIf
Local $oExcel2 = _Excel_Open(Default, Default, Default, Default, True)
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_BookList Example", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
Local $oWorkbook2 = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel2, $sWorkbook2)
If @error Then
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_BookList Example", "Error opening workbook '" & $sWorkbook1 & "'." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
    _Excel_Close($oExcel1)
    _Excel_Close($oExcel2)
    Exit
EndIf

; Display a list of all workbooks of all Excel instances
Local $aWorkBooks = _Excel_BookList()
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_BookList Example 2", "Error listing Workbooks." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
_ArrayDisplay($aWorkBooks, "Excel UDF: _Excel_BookList Example 2 - List of workbooks of all instances")

• 3 weeks later...