Hold a key down

Solved, but not the way I wanted, for whoever who may have the same question one day, I did not find the way I wanted with AutoIT, I still don't know if it can simulate how to press a key from the keyboard. I found an alternative solution with another tool called Macro Recorder that I can easily call from AutoIT.

Hope it helps

1 minute ago, Jos said:

Yea right... you're not making any sense but great you have solved it.

I don't get why you are this disrespectful. You have 30k + vote so I can't believe that you just "don't understand". I assume you must be trolling 😕

My question was pretty clear from start. I am gonna quote myself here:

22 hours ago, Joualouanor said:

I want to hold the key "a" for 3 seconds exactly as if I was pressing the "a" key on my keyboard. Is this possible?

Answers given were useless or condescendant such as:

• go look on google...
  • go look on this forum...
  • go read the documentation...
  • why you want this for?

At least if you genuinely tried to help but came with poor answers, I would still have been grateful. But here, no... You just wasted our time 😕

If anyone read the end looking up for a solution like I did on many topic, please read my previous post you will find an alternative solution there ^^

1 hour ago, Joualouanor said:

Answers given were useless or condescendant 

You solved your problem, why are you so defensive ?  You were asked simple questions, but you refused to answer.  We didn't ask you for help, you did...

this person proved from the beginning that they were ungrateful for help or answers given, i dont know why all of you continued to try and help them then act surprised when they do the same thing to you that they did to me.

If @error Then
    MsgBox(262192, "", @ComputerName & " slaps " & @UserName & " around a bit with a large trout!")
EndIf

"Yeah yeah yeah patience, how long will that take?"  -Ed Gruberman

REAL search results  |  SciTE4AutoIt3 Editor Full Version

On 2/9/2020 at 3:16 AM, Somerset said:

then why are they back here? I just love how they are portraying themselves as a victim

Weren't you back also ?  If I need to find a victim, be careful with that argument...

• Moderators

How about everyone just stop the sniping, especially longer term members who should know better. Take the drama to FB.

Closing the thread as the OP seems to have resolved the issue.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!