Registering Keyboard Shortcut/Hotkeys

I'm looking for a way to define a library of automated tasks that will each have their own hotkey.  I will want this "library" loaded and ready to go without me having to do anything but press the hotkey (no manual running a script file).  Is there a way to define a script file that loads every time Windows boots and is cached and ready to use?

you could make 1 script and define hotkeys in that script... each hotkey will start your specified script.. compile them to exe to make it easier. then just put your main script(exe) in your startup folder at C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

or just combine all scripts into 1.... that would be even better.

to leave the script running in the background you can use something like this:

While 1
    Sleep(1000)
WEnd

I have this in my hotkey script to hide its appearance and you also need a hotkey to terminate the script.

If @Compiled = 0 Then AutoItSetOption("TrayIconHide", 0)
_Singleton("some randomsequence") ; prevent multiple copies  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singleton_pattern
HotKeySet("^!{F5}", "TerminateHotkeys") ; This one of the few CTRL-ALT F key that works under Windows 7

Edited by pseakins
typo, added singleton

Phil Seakins

• 2 weeks later...

@webmonkdev  If you wish to try this UDF.  It can simplify the management of multiple HotKeys while allowing you to have long lasting functions that will not interfere between each other :

Of course it is working with only one keyboard...