Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oxin8

Updated _XInput UDF for Xbox 360 controller

8 posts in this topic

I updated my _XInput UDF so it doesn't rely on the dll wrapper I had before. Attached here is the UDF, a simple test program, and a script I made to use the controller for BF1942. I don't think that many of you will have a 360 controller hooked up to your comp so I doubt this will get much attention. If you test this, please leave a comment or two. The BF script sets up the controller for the default keys mappings so the same script should work for other first person shooters such as Counter-Strike.

_XInput.au3

_XInputExample.au3

BF.au3

thx man,

I want to use xbox controller as a remote control

I have a 360 Controller hooked up to my PC :D best of both worlds, PC games with better graphics, 360 Controller for better ergonomic support. But not all games support it, so may I tweak this to convert controller input to keyboard/mouse output? You sir are nothing less than a genius.

I don't think you'll get a reply because Oxin8 hasn't been active for more than a year.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2016-08-18 - Version 1.4.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2016-12-04 - Version 1.2.2.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Ah, didn't notice that. Hmm. Can I assume he gives his consent? :P

I don't think you'll get a reply because Oxin8 hasn't been active for more than a year.

You sir, are WRONG! lol. Feel free to do whatever with it! Preferably keep my name somewhere but I won't cry if it disappears. :)

Right, I was wrong ;) But I'm not sure you will get a reply because CptSpike hasn't been active for nearly 5 months :whistle:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2016-08-18 - Version 1.4.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2016-12-04 - Version 1.2.2.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

Thanks, this is very useful.  I made a few tweaks to add the following functions:

• Support for the guide button (the one in the center of the xbox 360 controller)
  • Created function to turn off the controller
  • Created function to check if a controller is connected or not

_XInput.au3

Edited by caveat
1 person likes this