Sign in to follow this  
Praxi

_ADGETOBJECTSINOU and adfunctions.au3

Praxi

Hi all,

I am trying to use adfunctions.au3 as a include and retrieve a list of users. My ultimate goal, I just need to check to see if they have an email address entered, and if not enter one from a CSV text file. I can deal with the text file just fine. But I'm having troubles getting _ADGETOBJECTSINOU to return an array. I have never really worked with arrays, and I'm not a programmer. I understand the idea of an array (god bless the autoit wiki) I'm just not sure how to handle it. Here is the code I have started so far. And every time I run it, my console reports that my $EXISTINGUSER is not an array. What am I doing wrong here (I'm sure theres lots of things :)

;=============================================================================
;       Includes
#include <Guiconstants.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <adfunctions.au3>
#include <array.au3>
;       GLOBAL VARIABLES
Dim $object,$attribute="mail",$ou="ou=DesktopAdmins,DC=OED,DC=LOCAL",$OCLASS="(objectClass=user)"
;       MAIN
;$userexists=Call(_ADObjectExists,$object)

dim $EXISTINGUSER[50]
$EXISTINGUSER=Call("_ADGetObjectsInOU",$ou)
If IsArray($EXISTINGUSER) Then 
    Local $iMax = UBound($EXISTINGUSER)
    ConsoleWrite("Items in the array: " & $iMax)
    For $i = 0 to $iMax - 1
        ConsoleWrite($EXISTINGUSER[$i] & @LF)
    Next
Else
    ConsoleWrite("Not an Array")
EndIf

PsaltyDS

Try it this way:

Dim $ou = "ou=DesktopAdmins,DC=OED,DC=LOCAL"
Dim $EXISTINGUSER

_ADGetObjectsInOU($EXISTINGUSER, $ou)
    ConsoleWrite("Items in the array: " & UBound($EXISTINGUSER))
    For $i = 0 To UBound($EXISTINGUSER) - 1
    Next
Else
EndIf

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Praxi

ahh, I don't have to do a call to _ADGETOBJECTSINOU? the UDF's (think I have the right term there) do that on their own?

I tried that, and I generated a com error # 000000A9 on line 641 Windescription "Variable must be of type 'Object'". Looking on line 641 in adfunctions.au3 I see

$recordcount = $objRecordSet.RecordCount

I can sort of trace it back through the _ADGETOBJECTSINOU function, but I don't understand much of what its REALLY doing.

Try it this way:

Dim $EXISTINGUSER

_ADGetObjectsInOU($EXISTINGUSER, $ou)
    Next
Else
EndIf

Praxi

Any other hints as to why it would be generating a com error?

PsaltyDS

Any other hints as to why it would be generating a com error?

Not from me. I'm not having any luck with adfunctions.au3, now that I've had a chance to try it with a Win2K3 domain. A valid OU string that works fine with other ADODB to AD stuff fails with this function. The .execute fails to return a record set object, which leads to the error message when you try to use the record set.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Praxi

ahh thats too bad, I liked the idea of the adfunctions.au3. Guess I will search the forum for other example scripts to retrieve attributes of user objects.

Praxi

doh I was running an old version. Used 3.0 from Johnny C's original post, not 3.1 from the downloads area. Works now, thanks for your help PSalty.

PsaltyDS

doh I was running an old version. Used 3.0 from Johnny C's original post, not 3.1 from the downloads area. Works now, thanks for your help PSalty.

Oh! Good call. I had the old version too. After a cursory look, the only difference I see between them is:
$filter = "(name=*)"
Vice
$filter = "name='*'"

But now it works.

P.S. As of this post, the latest version of adfunctions.au3 is 3.1.2 dated October, 2007:

; Active Directory Function Library. Include this to allow access to Active Directory Functions

; Author : Jonthan Clelland

; Email : jclelland<at>statestreet<dot>com

; Version : 3.1.1 (sic, actual version is 3.1.2 according to changes below)

;Version History -- Starting from v3.1

; 3.1 -- First released version

; 3.1.1 -- Bugfix to _ADGetObjectsInOU, default $filter value caused errors. Has been changed.

; 3.1.2 -- Corrections made to comments, replaced occurrences of 'Samaccountname' with 'Full Distringuished Name' where this had changed ibn the code.

; 3.1.2 -- Change to '_ADUserCreateMailbox', added '$emaildomain' and removed the hard-coded Email Domain name.

Edited by PsaltyDS

Jeannot

Hi everybody,

I saw in _ADGetObjectsInOU that there is a sortby option but it seems to be not coded...

I use _ArraySort() as fix

Dim $EXISTINGUSER

_ADGetObjectsInOU($EXISTINGUSER, $ou, "(name=*)", 0, "sAMAccountName", "sAMAccountName")
_ArraySort($EXISTINGUSER, 0, 1)
    Next
Else
EndIf

Also, I need some help with filter syntax (to get only users and not computers account).

I tried (class=user), but it doesn't work :P

Ps : Even how to filter enabled/disabled accounts

Edited by Jeannot

water

Please check out this post (it's mine :P) - there you'll find a link to a site with many examples for LDAP queries.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

water

De rien :P

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki