Connecting and reconnecting to a wireless network

VicTT

I have recently purchased a wireless router that is giving me random spikes/disconnects on WLAN due to an unwanted water infiltration via faulty isolation of network cable.

Problem is I'm trying to play a game between the Laptop (connected wirelessly, and randomly disconnecting, and reconnecting, running Vista) and the desktop (connected on LAN), and it disconnects.

I want to write a script that, upon noticing the signal value drop (which is usually Windows Vista saying that it hasn't received ANY data from the router in the past few seconds), will disconnect and reconnect to the same Wireless Network. I've searched the forums, and have not found solutions that work under Vista.

Until I get a new cable/router, this should help, since the main problem is the delay between when windows officially labels the connection dead and tries to reconnect (succeeding), and the 2-3 second time-frame in which the signal drops to nil.

Also, the connection is labeled dead when the access is "Local only", and the solution cannot use window automation, since that would mean minimizing the game in order to deliver clicks/keypresses which is not acceptable (Yes, I am aware that you can send keypresses/mouseclicks to minimized windows using SendMessage, but that kind of solution is not what I'm looking for.). Ideas?

Edited by VicTT

Together we might liveDivided we must fall

Hi,

am I right - you want to dis.. and then reconnect to a WLAN?

Did you try to send ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew or just ipconfig /renew?

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

That won't achieve the 'disconnect' effect properly, as all that does is ask for another IP. I need it to disconnect from the network just like it would if I were to press the "Disconnect" button.

That won't achieve the 'disconnect' effect properly, as all that does is ask for another IP. I need it to disconnect from the network just like it would if I were to press the "Disconnect" button.

Hmm, don't get what you need to manually and you now want to automate or achieve by going another way.

Could you explain it with easy "prosa" words?

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

These are screenshots that I hope I've made self-explanatory for anyone. I'll repeat myself a bit just to make sure:

1. I do not want to automate these windows

2. I do not want ipconfig /release or ipconfig /renew

post-5442-1233217564_thumb.jpg

post-5442-1233217578_thumb.jpg

post-5442-1233217587_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...