What's wrong with my Basic Auth? Not working :(

I made. Er, well I THOUGHT I made a Function to get the source of a webpage that needed to be gotten through a Basic Authentication Request. I'm trying to connect to the Twitter API, which requires Basic Authentication. Normal Users can only get 100 queries per hour. When I'm authenticated, I can query as much as I want. Well I can only get 100 queries. So I assume that means my function is wrong..

Do you see anything wrong?

Twitter Info: http://apiwiki.twitter.com/REST+API+Docume...#Authentication

#include <INet.au3>
#include <WinINet.au3>
$user="test"
$pass="test"
$cache=Http_Auth_GetSource("twitter.com","statuses/friends_timeline/22831657.rss",$username,$password,0);EXAMPLE TWITTER RSS

Func Http_Auth_GetSource($hostname,$relative_location,$username,$password,$flag)
    $port_var=0
    If StringInStr($hostname,":") Then 
        $temp=StringSplit($hostname,":")
        $port_var=Int($temp[2])
        $hostname=StringReplace($hostname,":"&$port_var,"")
    EndIf

Global $hInternetOpen, $hInternetConnect, $hHttpOpenRequest, $hHttpSendRequest
    Global $iStartup, $iShutdown, $iInternetAttemptConnect 

; start WinINet libary
    $iStartup = _WinINet_Startup()
; attempt a connection
    $iInternetAttemptConnect = _WinINet_InternetAttemptConnect()
; successful attempt
    If $iInternetAttemptConnect Then
    ; open a connection
        $hInternetOpen = _WinINet_InternetOpen("Mozilla/5.0 Firefox/3.0.1", $INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_DIRECT, 0, Default, Default)
        ConsoleWriteLog("_WinINet_InternetOpen", @error, @extended, $hInternetOpen)

; connect to a web server
        $hInternetConnect = _WinINet_InternetConnect($hInternetOpen, $INTERNET_SERVICE_HTTP, $hostname, $port_var, 0, $username,$password, 0)
        ConsoleWriteLog("_WinINet_InternetConnect", @error, @extended, $hInternetConnect)

; set up a request a file
        $hHttpOpenRequest  = _WinINet_HttpOpenRequest($hInternetConnect, "POST", $relative_location, $INTERNET_FLAG_RELOAD, "HTTP/1.1", Default, Default, 0)
        ConsoleWriteLog("_WinINet_HttpOpenRequest", @error, @extended, $hHttpOpenRequest)

; send the request to the http server
        $hHttpSendRequest = _WinINet_HttpSendRequest($hHttpOpenRequest, Default, Default)
        ConsoleWriteLog("_WinINet_HttpSendRequest", @error, @extended, $hHttpSendRequest)

; get the file size -   NOT NEEDED FOR THIS SCRIPT
        $iLength = Default
        $avLength = _WinINet_HttpQueryInfo($hHttpOpenRequest, BitOR($HTTP_QUERY_CONTENT_LENGTH, $HTTP_QUERY_FLAG_NUMBER), 0)

If Not @error Then
        ; retrieve content length
            $iLength = DllStructGetData(DllStructCreate("dword", DllStructGetPtr($avLength[0])), 1)
            ConsoleWrite("--> Length of file: " & $iLength & " bytes" & @CRLF)
        EndIf

; download the file into $vReceived (binary data)
        $fCompleted = False
        $iReceivedSize = 0
        $vReceived = Binary("")
        Do
            $vReceived &= _WinINet_InternetReadFile($hHttpOpenRequest, 1024)
            $fCompleted = @error Or Not @extended
        Until $fCompleted

return $vReceived
    Else
        Msgbox(0,"Twitter Checker","No Internet Signal Detected, Exiting...")
    EndIf
; end WinINet library
    $iShutdown = _WinINet_Shutdown()
    ConsoleWrite("_WinINet_Shutdown::"&@error&@extended&$iShutdown)
EndFunc

is it correct? If not, i think its something wrong with hInternetConnect

you are defining:

$user="test"

$pass="test"

But then you pass the undefined variables "$username" and "$password" to the function.

$cache=Http_Auth_GetSource("twitter.com","statuses/friends_timeline/22831657.rss",$username,$password,0);EXAMPLE TWITTER RSS

Might that cause your problem?

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

you are defining:

$user="test"

$pass="test"

But then you pass the undefined variables "$username" and "$password" to the function.

Might that cause your problem?

Cheers

Kurt

Thanks Kurt for the comment. But naw, that's not the problem. I pseudo'coded the example code for forum users so they could better understand it and keep their patience level and not close out the topic :P

I found it actually. Turns out it was working :unsure: Normal users can only request 100 times before getting blocked, so when I wrote my code I hard-coded itself to change usernames it authenticates with after 100 tries (method fails because they block by ip too). I changed the code once I was whitelisted, but somehow it was un-commented and returned to my code. Thanks. Problem solved. Feel free to use the http basic auth, for whoever wants it.

• 1 year later...

Thanks Kurt for the comment. But naw, that's not the problem. I pseudo'coded the example code for forum users so they could better understand it and keep their patience level and not close out the topic :blink:

I found it actually. Turns out it was working ;) Normal users can only request 100 times before getting blocked, so when I wrote my code I hard-coded itself to change usernames it authenticates with after 100 tries (method fails because they block by ip too). I changed the code once I was whitelisted, but somehow it was un-commented and returned to my code. Thanks. Problem solved. Feel free to use the http basic auth, for whoever wants it.

For OAuth, you can use my Twitter UDF (http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=116600)

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

Chrome UDF - Automate Chrome | SAP UDF - Automate SAP | Java UDF - Automate Java Applications & Applets | Tesseract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications, controls and the desktop | Textract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications and controls | FileSystemMonitor UDF - File, Folder, Drive and Shell Monitoring | VLC (Media Player) UDF - Creating and controlling a VLC control in AutoIT | Google Maps UDF - Creating and controlling Google Maps (inc. GE) in AutoIT | SAPIListBox (Speech Recognition) UDF - Speech Recognition via the Microsoft Speech (SAPI) ListBox | eBay UDF - Automate eBay using the eBay API | ChildProc (Parallel Processing) UDF - Parallel processing functions for AutoIT | HyperCam (Screen Recording) UDF - Automate the HyperCam screen recorder | Twitter UDF - Automate Twitter using OAuth and the Twitter API | cURL UDF - a UDF for transferring data with URL syntax

See my other Tools:

Rapid Menu Writer - Add menus to DVDs in seconds | TV Player - Automates the process of playing videos on an external TV / Monitor | Rapid Video Converter - A tool for resizing and reformatting videos | [topic130531]Rapid DVD Creator - Convert videos to DVD fast and for free | ZapPF - A tool for killing processes and recycling files | Sean's eBay Bargain Hunter - Find last minute bargains in eBay using AutoIT | Sean's GUI Inspector - A scripting tool for querying GUIs | TransLink Journey Planner with maps - Incorporating Google Maps into an Australian Journey Planner | Automate Qt and QWidgets | Brisbane City Council Event Viewer - See what's going on in Brisbane, Australia