GUICtrlListView edit SubItem, possible ?

Hi!

Is it possible to edit "inline" a subitem of a GUICtrlListView?

Thanks for answer(s)

Hmm... if you run the example script for _GuiCtrlListView_EditLabel() you see the standard behavior that only the first subitem (text of the item) gets edited, even if you click on a different subitem. This is evidently deep JuJu in C++ land.

Since I have no C++ skills at all, I would catch the event (single left click on a subitem that was already in focus) and pop a separate edit in a small child GUI. Not what you asked for, but the best I could see.

Much smarter people may be able to show how to subclass the edit control of _GuiCtrlListView_EditLabel() to a different subitem in AutoIt. It will not be trivial, however it gets done.

:D

Edit: Found an interesting alternative under VB that might be workable in AutoIt: Quoting "darkforcesjedi":

Search google for LVM_SUBITEMHITTEST. It's a windows message you can send to the listview's hWnd to find out what row/column a user clicks on. LVM_GETSUBITEMRECT will get the position and size of the list- or subitem. Then you can position a textbox in that RECT as you please to enable editing.

You'll need the SendMessage API as well.

To err is human; to debug, divine.

I think he's saying detect the event and then simply put your own new edit control over top of the subitem's rect (screen position). Maybe that helps.

:o

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hi!

Thanks for your answer.

the standard behavior that only the first subitem (text of the item) gets edited.

Yes. But it is a poor satisfaction.

pop a separate edit in a small child GUI

It's my actual way. But it is not very fun...

Much smarter people may be able to show how to subclass the edit control of _GuiCtrlListView_EditLabel() to a different subitem in AutoIt

I hope than "Much smarter people" read & answer. I hope...

@-salutations, & sorry for my bad english.

Edited by Michel Claveau

• 2 months later...

It is possible with (also for sub-items) in combination with WM_NOTIFY. There are unfortunately no good examples in the help file but take a look at the good example from Rasim: Posted by Rasim

GreenCan

Contributions

CheckUpdate - SelfUpdating script ------- Self updating script

Dynamic input validation ------------------- Use a Input masks can make your life easier and Validation can be as simple

MsgBox with CountDown ------------------- MsgBox with visual countdown

Display Multiline text cells in ListView ---- Example of pop-up or ToolTip for multiline text items in ListView

Presentation Manager ---------------------- Program to display and refresh different Border-less GUI's on a Display (large screen TV)

USB Drive Tools ------------------------------ Tool to help you with your USB drive management

Input Period udf ------------------------------ GUI for a period input

Excel ColorPicker ---------------------------- Color pickup tool will allow you to select a color from the standard Excel color palette

Excel Chart UDF ----------------------------- Collaboration project with water 

GetDateInString ------------------------------ Find date/time in a string using a date format notation like DD Mon YYYY hh:mm

TaskListAllDetailed --------------------------- List All Scheduled Tasks

Computer Info --------------------------------- A collection of information for helpdesk

Shared memory Demo ----------------------- Demo: Two applications communicate with each other through means of a memory share (using Nomad function, 32bit only)

Universal Date Format Conversion -------- Universal date converter from your PC local date format to any format

Disable Windows DetailsPane -------------- Disable Windows Explorer Details Pane

Oracle SQL Report Generator -------------  Oracle Report generator using SQL

SQLite Report Generator -------------------  SQLite Report generator using SQL

SQLite ListView and BLOB demo ---------- Demo: shows how binary (image) objects can be recognized natively in a database BLOB field

DSN-Less Database connection demo --- Demo: ActiveX Data Objects DSN-Less Database access

Animated animals ----------------------------- Fun: Moving animated objects

Perforated image in GUI --------------------- Fun: Perforate your image with image objects

UEZ's Perforator major update ------------- Fun: Pro version of Perforator by UEZ

Visual Crop Tool (GUI) ----------------------- Easy to use Visual Image Crop tool

Visual Image effect (GUI) -------------------- Visually apply effects on an image