Flying Birds and crawling frog, and others

GreenCan

Entertainment

The idea was to adapt the eagle.au3 example posted by mesale0077 making the bird fly across the monitor.

This is the result:

eagle fly GreenCan.au3

But, I was not really happy with the result, so I thought, maybe use the original animated gif and move it across the monitor using a transparent GUI.

This is a script based on an example of trancexx' GIFAnimation udf.

GIFAnimation.au3 is required for below example and can be found here: GIFAnimation.au3

I think the result is much better than the perforated GUI.

The script is a kind of a screen saver, or at least a distractor for the eye.

FlyingBird.au3 (bug fixed by Mesale0077)

flying_bird.ico

New examples:

Crawling Frog:

CrawlingFrog.au3

frog3.ico

Cheetah and Tiger:

see Post #13 for the more information

Version 1.0.0.1

Small bugfix to avoid the current active GUI to flip to the background.

Only For those who already tested version 1.0.0.0:

same fix for the child script

Don't start it but replace the old on in @TempDir & "GIFS" by this new version

If you run the script, no big issue but you will have to process kill it...

Cheetah and Tiger (Most recent example 1.0.1.0)

CheetahRun.au3

_TigerWalk.au3

This example is not only moving animals around your screen but you can capture (stop) these animals by clicking with your left mouse button on it. You can drag and drop the animals around the screen before it pauses.

Two scripts are still required. One for the Cheetah and one for the Tiger.

Both scripts communicate with each other via memory pointers (Nomad's functions)

Remember to download trancexx' GIFAnimation.au3 (see link above)

Compiling: You can run the client script (or both scripts) compiled but change the setting $b_TigerWalk_au3 to False

Also be aware that you can run the compiled script only in 32bit mode, it will work fine on a x64 system though.

Both scripts should be in the same folder

There are only 2 pointers that the apps share, one for holding each other and one to stop pausing randomly (animals will run continuously, change the $bNoPause setting in CheetahRun.au3, it should be to False but I left it to True for the sake of the demo.

I modified some images, so if you ran the past demos, please first empty your temp folder with following script.

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author: GreenCan
Script Function:
Cleanup temporary folder for CheetahRun
#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Global $sTempFolder = @TempDir & "\GIFS"
DirRemove($sTempFolder, 1)

Let me know if you find any bug, I exhaustively tested both scripts but as it is rather complex to debug, you never know...

GreenCan

Edited by GreenCan

Contributions

CheckUpdate - SelfUpdating script ------- Self updating script

Dynamic input validation ------------------- Use a Input masks can make your life easier and Validation can be as simple

MsgBox with CountDown ------------------- MsgBox with visual countdown

Display Multiline text cells in ListView ---- Example of pop-up or ToolTip for multiline text items in ListView

Presentation Manager ---------------------- Program to display and refresh different Border-less GUI's on a Display (large screen TV)

USB Drive Tools ------------------------------ Tool to help you with your USB drive management

Input Period udf ------------------------------ GUI for a period input

Excel ColorPicker ---------------------------- Color pickup tool will allow you to select a color from the standard Excel color palette

Excel Chart UDF ----------------------------- Collaboration project with water 

GetDateInString ------------------------------ Find date/time in a string using a date format notation like DD Mon YYYY hh:mm

TaskListAllDetailed --------------------------- List All Scheduled Tasks

Computer Info --------------------------------- A collection of information for helpdesk

Shared memory Demo ----------------------- Demo: Two applications communicate with each other through means of a memory share (using Nomad function, 32bit only)

Universal Date Format Conversion -------- Universal date converter from your PC local date format to any format

Disable Windows DetailsPane -------------- Disable Windows Explorer Details Pane

Oracle SQL Report Generator -------------  Oracle Report generator using SQL

SQLite Report Generator -------------------  SQLite Report generator using SQL

SQLite ListView and BLOB demo ---------- Demo: shows how binary (image) objects can be recognized natively in a database BLOB field

DSN-Less Database connection demo --- Demo: ActiveX Data Objects DSN-Less Database access

Animated animals ----------------------------- Fun: Moving animated objects

Perforated image in GUI --------------------- Fun: Perforate your image with image objects

UEZ's Perforator major update ------------- Fun: Pro version of Perforator by UEZ

Visual Crop Tool (GUI) ----------------------- Easy to use Visual Image Crop tool

Visual Image effect (GUI) -------------------- Visually apply effects on an image

You corrected a bug in GUICreate, thanks, (upgdatded post #1)

$hGui = GUICreate("GIF Animation", $aGIFDimension[0], $aGIFDimension[1], -1, -1, $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_LAYERED, $WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW))

i will need more time to look into eagle_gif.au3. That looks quite complex to try to understand after midnight :)

Thanks

GreenCan

Contributions

Dynamic input validation ------------------- Use a Input masks can make your life easier and Validation can be as simple

Display Multiline text cells in ListView ---- Example of pop-up or ToolTip for multiline text items in ListView

Presentation Manager ---------------------- Program to display and refresh different Border-less GUI's on a Display (large screen TV)

USB Drive Tools ------------------------------ Tool to help you with your USB drive management

Excel ColorPicker ---------------------------- Color pickup tool will allow you to select a color from the standard Excel color palette

GetDateInString ------------------------------ Find date/time in a string using a date format notation like DD Mon YYYY hh:mm

Computer Info --------------------------------- A collection of information for helpdesk

Shared memory Demo ----------------------- Demo: Two applications communicate with each other through means of a memory share (using Nomad function, 32bit only)

Universal Date Format Conversion -------- Universal date converter from your PC local date format to any format

Disable Windows DetailsPane -------------- Disable Windows Explorer Details Pane

SQLite ListView and BLOB demo ---------- Demo: shows how binary (image) objects can be recognized natively in a database BLOB field

DSN-Less Database connection demo --- Demo: ActiveX Data Objects DSN-Less Database access

Perforated image in GUI --------------------- Fun: Perforate your image with image objects

UEZ's Perforator major update ------------- Fun: Pro version of Perforator by UEZ

Visual Crop Tool (GUI) ----------------------- Easy to use Visual Image Crop tool

Visual Image effect (GUI) -------------------- Visually apply effects on an image

Here my contribution: Flying Eagle.au3

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

@UEZ

Thanks, the flip idea is good. I also like the way that you freeze the animation, so that it looks like the bird is gliding.

I have an issue though, The image has a blue (square) background. Strange because when I save it

'graphics-eagle-576150_normalized + sharpen.gif' is a perfectly transparent gif

Screenshot:

http://users.telenet.be/GreenCan/AutoIt/Images/2013-04-12_084205.png

You don' have this issue?

Grtz, GreenCan

Contributions

The animation looks properly on my Win7 with Aero enable. As soon as I switch to basic theme then the background will not be transparent anymore.

Maybe I've a closer look to trancexx' code how this can be solved for non Aero desktops.

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

It seems to be that with WinXP the graphic handle has to be recreated each time before a new frames is drawn. With this workaround it should work but the graphic is flickering -> see post#4.

If somebody knows a better way on WinXP please tell me. Imho, the best is to upgrade os to Win7 ;)

I think this is the best way to be also WinXP compatible -> see post#4.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

hi UEZ,

My laptop is W7 x64 but Aero was disabled,

After I enabled it, the background disappeared. Strangely enough after I disabled it again, the original script did not show the background anymore, so by the end now the 3 versions of your example are running equally well on my laptop.

I did the same test on my 32bit W7 desktop and neither there I found any issue like flickering whatsoever on any of the 3 scripts

I did the test on an old XP laptop and the results are

Script 1: Background Visible

Script 2: Flickering

Script 3: Perfect

GreenCan

Contributions

@mesale0077: Try to insert this code:

#include <Constants.au3>
Global $hDesktop = ControlGetHandle("[CLASS:Progman]", "", "SysListView321")
_WinAPI_SetWindowLong($hGui, $GWL_HWNDPARENT, $hDesktop)
GUISetBkColor(0xFFFFFF)
Edited by funkey

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.

@funkey

thank you worked

@mesale0077: Try to insert this code:

#include <Constants.au3>
Global $hDesktop = ControlGetHandle("[CLASS:Progman]", "", "SysListView321")
_WinAPI_SetWindowLong($hGui, $GWL_HWNDPARENT, $hDesktop)
GUISetBkColor(0xFFFFFF)

but compiler (au3 to exe)

dont work ,again show title

autoit version 3,3,9,4

Edited by mesale0077

Added another example for the frog friends...

See post #1

GreenCan

Contributions

This is my last example for this topic before I get completely wacky... :huh2:

The script requires some additional information:

CheetahRun3.au3 will display a Cheetah running and sometimes pausing around the monitor.

The script will first download _TigerWalk.au3 from my ftp site and start the script in parrallel. The downloaded script will display a walking tiger.

The script will start a new 'Interpreted' script and both will run together.

When quiting CheetahRun3.au3, _TigerWalk.au3 will also be stopped by ProcessClose.

If you don't want this, just modify line 26 as follows:

Global $bTiger = False

In this case the second script will not be downloaded.

see Post #1 for the download

By the way, I put most of my time to get these gifs right

GreenCan

Edited by GreenCan

Contributions

hi

this

Global $hGui = GUICreate("Tiger Animation", $aGIFDimension[0], $aGIFDimension[1], -1000, -1, $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_LAYERED, $WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW))

change

Global $hGui = GUICreate("Tiger Animation", $aGIFDimension[0], $aGIFDimension[1], -1, -1, $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_LAYERED, $WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW))
Edited by mesale0077

Global $hGui = GUICreate("Tiger Animation", $aGIFDimension[0], $aGIFDimension[1], -1000, -1, $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_LAYERED, $WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW))

change

Global $hGui = GUICreate("Tiger Animation", $aGIFDimension[0], $aGIFDimension[1], -1, -1, $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_LAYERED, $WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW))

No,I don't think so.

Have you seen that the gif is shortly visible without background before it gets transparent?

Setting left position is a cosmetic decision, I build the GUI outside of the visible boundaries of the monitor and the next Winmove will re-position the GUI (with the transparent gif this time) to the correct place, which is not '-1,-1' anyway, so it doesn't matter.

GreenCan

Contributions

Small bugfix

CheetahRun3.au3 ver 1.0.0.1 (Active window issue solved)

GreenCan

Contributions

New complete example CheetahRun.au3 ver 1.0.1.0

OK, last week, I wrote that it would be my last example, let's say that this one is the last... muttley

This example is not only moving animals around your screen but you can capture (stop) these animals by clicking with your left mouse button on it.

GreenCan

Contributions