Triangle Solver

dantay9

PROJECT MOVED TO HERE

I saw monoceres's Triangle Solver and saw that the functionality was there, but it didn't look very good. I changed that. I started out by just taking monoceres's script and making it look a bit better, but in the end, it turned out to have few similarities with the script. I used GDI+ to construct a triangle and highlight the selected side and letter in red. I also inserted a help group into the gui itself. Comments are welcome.

Previous Downloads: 86

Triangle Solver.zip

Edited by dantay9

I knew someone would make it better!

Couple of things:

* no angle highlighting.

* title = GDI+ (is that deliberate?)

* I didn't get a mention :)

* Values aren't shown on triangle... that would be good.

* "If you enter 3 angles, there will be multiple solutions and one will be arbitrarily chosen.", arbitrarily choosing an amount that is illegal? It goes to 0, 0, 0 - so click solve again and see what it says to that!

* a proper explanation of the sine/cosine rules!

other than that... good work! I still think I prefer mine!

MDiesel

Thank you for your suggestions MDiesel. I didn't see your triangle solver. I did a little searching and there it was. I must have skipped over that last time. The reason the title was GDI+ was I used Monoceres's doublebuffer template. I just forgot to change the title. Fixed when you give 3 angles, 0 is returned. I will add a file menu with an exit item and a help item. When help is clicked, I will make a popup gui that will briefly explain how the gui works and explain law of sines and law of cosines.

I don't know why the angles aren't highlighting on your computer. They are working fine on my computer. I had the font set to Rockwell Extra Bold. Don't know if that is standard font for all computers, so I changed it to Arial Black. I think that is a universal font.

Awesome! This would be cool for my math teacher!

I would like to see just 1 improvement: It's hard to read the letters inside the triangle :) (Windows Vista)

Thanks! I don't have vista so I can't test it on there. See if your screen is in 32 bit, not 16 bit. If that doesn't help, change the font name in my script. If you find a good font, post it. I changed the font to Arial. It is a bit thinner and easier to see. Is it better?