Browse to and record location?

Hi fellow AutoIt users,

I have a small problem and i can't find an example of it to try and code my own.

I need to browse to a folder or file location and assign it to a Variable. A good example of what i am trying to do is like an installer for some game mods, where the installer asks you to browse to the games ROOT folder and then it will install the mod in the correct subfolders etc.

I is there an example (i did try search but found only references to browsers etc., not same as what i need) that someone can point me to.

Most basic it would simply be a popup that would ask the user, please locate folder X on your drive...

have a browse button which will open a tree view of the drive...

allow you to click through folders till you find the right one...

Much appreciated, even the most simple example will suffice, i just want to snap the "WAY" you code it, i'll code up an elaborate version of it for my main program.

Thanks guys!

Function FileOpenDialog or FileSelectFolder?

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

OOOOOOOH haha, its a function already coded for us.

Thanks, this is even easier than i thought it would be.

Is there however, a way to see the functions AutoIt Code? Or is it C++ coded? I'd really love to see how some functions do what they do in autoit script, if it is possible.

Is there however, a way to see the functions AutoIt Code? Or is it C++ coded? I'd really love to see how some functions do what they do in autoit script, if it is possible.

AFAIK AutoIT is written in C++ and the source code is not available. But please search the forum to get a definite answer.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki