_GUIDisable() - Create a dimmed effect on a GUI.

guinness

Nice. Those functions can found in GUIMenu.au3 by the way.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• 5 months later...

Hi guinness,

your function have problem on autoit 3.3.10.2 .

When i disable a gui and i click on the disabled gui then there is no ring sound...

can you fix it and tell me what area in the code you fixed?

thanks

Edited by Guest

Erm...ring sound? Probably the worst bug report I have encountered. The code works for, so it's something your end. Good lucking fixing it!

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Erm...ring sound? Probably the worst bug report I have encountered. The code works for, so it's something your end. Good lucking fixing it!

Ok .. I know it's a funny bug ..

But i want everything works perfectly

I'll try to fix it and if I do not succeed then I ask you to fix it.

If I can fix it, I'll send the patch code here.

Edited by Guest

I don't know what you problem is.

UDF List:

Maybe I am dumb, but what does ring sound mean? As I said there is no bug at my end, so I am not going to go hunting for something that doesn't exist.

UDF List:

I think he's referring to the sound Windows makes when you click on a disabled GUI.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Do people still use Windows sounds? Well set the GUI to @SW_DISABLE with GUISetState().

UDF List:

I think he's referring to the sound Windows makes when you click on a disabled GUI.

Yes, exactly.

This is exactly what I mean.

When i clicking on the disabled GUI then there is not sound..

Just sometimes hard for me to explain the problem with my English.

Do people still use Windows sounds? Well set the GUI to @SW_DISABLE with GUISetState().

when i use GUISetState() with @SW_DISABLE then for some reson the GUI window changing to inactive...

Forget it .. you probably do not understand. In simple words - I have a problem when I use GUISetState to disable a GUI window and this is one of my reasons to use your _GUIDisable().

if i will solve the problem with GUISetState() then i will have again the previous problem.

Edited by Guest

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7

#include <Constants.au3>
#include <_GUIDisable.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>

Example_1()

Func Example_1()
    Local $hGUI = GUICreate('_GUIDisable()', 300, 100, -1, -1, BitXOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_SIZEBOX, $WS_MINIMIZEBOX))
    Local $iButton_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton('Effect 1', 5, 5, 100, 25)
    GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT + $GUI_DOCKSIZE + $GUI_DOCKTOP)

Local $iButton_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton('Effect 2', 5, 30, 100, 25)
    GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT + $GUI_DOCKSIZE + $GUI_DOCKTOP)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)

Local $hDisableGUI = 0, $hTimer = 0
    While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                ExitLoop

Case $iButton_1
                ; Enable the dimmed effect on the current GUI with the animation turned on.
                GuiMenuDisable($hGUI,0)
                _GUIDisable(-1, 1, 25)
                ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, '_GUIDisable()', 'See how the GUI is now dimmed. Once you select OK, you''ll have 5 seconds to re-size the GUI!' & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
                ;        'If you wish to exit the 5 second timer, then simply select "Close" to exit the loop.')
                $hTimer = TimerInit()
                Do
                    ; Exit the loop if $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE is captured by GUIGetMsg().
                    If GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then
                    ExitLoop
                    Endif

;chord if clicked

If _ispressed("01") Then SoundPlay("C:\Windows\Media\chord.wav")

Sleep(10)
                Until TimerDiff($hTimer) > 5000

; Disable the dimmed effect with the animation turned on and add focus to the current GUI.
                _GUIDisable(-1, 1)
                GuiMenuDisable($hGUI,1)
            Case $iButton_2
                ; Enable the dimmed effect on the current GUI without the animation.
                GuiMenuDisable($hGUI,0)
                $hDisableGUI = _GUIDisable($hGUI, 0, 25, 25)

$hTimer = TimerInit()
                Do
                    ; Exit the loop if $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE is captured by GUIGetMsg().
                    If GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop

;chord if clicked
                    If _ispressed("01") Then SoundPlay("C:\Windows\Media\chord.wav")

Sleep(10)
                Until TimerDiff($hTimer) > 5000

_GUIDisable($hGUI, 0)
                GuiMenuDisable($hGUI,1)

EndSwitch
    WEnd
    GUIDelete($hGUI)
EndFunc

Func GuiMenuDisable($hWnd,$sate)
    $dSysMenu = DllCall("User32.dll", "hwnd", "GetSystemMenu", "hwnd", $hWnd, "int", $sate)
    DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "RemoveMenu", "hwnd", $dSysMenu[0], "int", 0xF060, "int", $sate)
    DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "DrawMenuBar", "hwnd", $hWnd)
EndFunc

Not the most responsive way to do it, but at least an idea of how to audibly notify during the disabled period

*edit put Gil's naming convention back

Edited by boththose

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

• 3 years later...

Does anyone have this UDF in a version that can handle more than a single window?

E.g. Launch Main GUI

-> press button to open 1st Child GUI

-> Main GUI gets dimmed/disabled

-> click a button inside 1st Child GUI, 2nd Child GUI is opened

-> 1st Child GUI is dimmed/disabled.

Edited by mpower

On 3.5.2017 at 4:33 AM, mpower said:

Does anyone have this UDF in a version that can handle more than a single window?

E.g. Launch Main GUI

-> press button to open 1st Child GUI

-> Main GUI gets dimmed/disabled

-> click a button inside 1st Child GUI, 2nd Child GUI is opened

-> 1st Child GUI is dimmed/disabled.

Yes, I have a modified UDF that doing exactly what you want

Cool

UDF List:

Try this

#include <Array.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

#cs
    $sate = 1 = enable the GUI
    $sate = 0 = disable the GUI
    $br = brightness level of disabled GUI
    $bColor = color of disabled GUI

#ce

Func GuiDisableEnable($hGUI, $sate, $br = 25, $DisableMenu = 1, $bColor = 0x000000)

Local Static $avGUI[1] = [0]

Switch $sate
        Case 0
            If $DisableMenu = 1 Then GuiMenuDisable($hGUI, 0)
            $vGUI = _GUIDisable($hGUI, 0, $br, $bColor)
            GUISetState(@SW_DISABLE, $vGUI)
            _ArrayAdd($avGUI, $vGUI)
            $avGUI[0] += 1

Case 1
            If $DisableMenu = 1 Then GuiMenuDisable($hGUI, 1)
            $MaxVGui = UBound($avGUI) - 1
            If $MaxVGui = 0 Then Return
            _GUIDisable($avGUI[$MaxVGui], 1)
            _ArrayDelete($avGUI, $MaxVGui)
            ;ConsoleWrite($MaxVGui &" (Line "&@ScriptLineNumber&")"&@CRLF)
            $avGUI[0] -= 1

EndSwitch

;_ArrayDisplay($avGUI)
EndFunc   ;==>GuiDisableEnable

#Region Internal use

Func GuiMenuDisable($hWnd, $sate)
        Local $dSysMenu = DllCall("User32.dll", "hwnd", "GetSystemMenu", "hwnd", $hWnd, "int", $sate)
        DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "RemoveMenu", "hwnd", $dSysMenu[0], "int", 0xF060, "int", $sate)
        DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "DrawMenuBar", "hwnd", $hWnd)
    EndFunc   ;==>GuiMenuDisable

Func _GUIDisable($hWnd = -1, $iDelete = 0, $iBrightness = Default, $bColor = 0x000000)
        Local $vGUI = 0

If $iBrightness = Default Then
            $iBrightness = 5
        EndIf

If $hWnd = -1 Then
            Local $iLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel('', -99, -99, 1, 1)
            $hWnd = _WinAPI_GetParent(GUICtrlGetHandle($iLabel))
            If @error Then
                Return SetError(1, 0 * GUICtrlDelete($iLabel), 0)
            EndIf
            GUICtrlDelete($iLabel)
        EndIf

If $iDelete Then
            $vGUI = GUIDelete($hWnd)
        Else
            Local $aWinGetPos = WinGetClientSize($hWnd)
            $vGUI = GUICreate('', $aWinGetPos[0], $aWinGetPos[1], 0, 0, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $hWnd)
            GUISetBkColor($bColor, $vGUI)
            WinSetTrans($vGUI, '', Round($iBrightness * (255 / 100)))
            GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $vGUI)

EndIf
        Return $vGUI
    EndFunc   ;==>_GUIDisable
#EndRegion

I took it out of from some big dead project I have.

I don't have time to re test it.. 
I made a small edit to the code but I think it should work. try this and tell me if it works