_ShellFile() - Create an entry in the shell contextmenu when selecting an assigned filetype, includes the program icon as well.

guinness

You can also use this >>

$sFileList = _WM_COPYDATA_SendShutdown()
If $sFileList Then
    $sFileList = StringStripWS($sFileList, 3) & @CRLF ; Strip trailing whitespace.
    Local $aArray = StringSplit($sFileList, @CRLF)
    _ArrayDisplay($aArray)
EndIf
$sFileList = ''

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Updated post #25 again with improvements in waiting for all instances to close.

Edit: Let me know if you want it to return an array instead.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

I think my computer is to fast :D

I added the regwrite just to test, like this:

If $sFileList Then
$sFileList = StringStripWS($sFileList, 3) & @CRLF; Strip trailing whitespace.
ControlSetText($hWnd, '', 'Edit1', ControlGetText($hWnd, '', 'Edit1') & $sFileList)
RegWrite( 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun',$sFileList, "REG_SZ", $sFileList)
EndIf

And i got some several paths in the same line in the registry, like this:

C:\Users\Telmo\Desktop\AU3 TESTS\shellall test.au3

C:\Users\Telmo\Desktop\AU3 TESTS\shellall test.exeC:\Users\Telmo\Desktop\AU3 TESTS\sdf.au3

C:\Users\Telmo\Desktop\AU3 TESTS\popup.au3C:\Users\Telmo\Desktop\AU3 TESTS\WM_COPYDATA.au3

C:\Users\Telmo\Desktop\AU3 TESTS\shellall test.exe

I know this isn't your script fault, but still i wonder... what am i doing wrong??

Well I did mention about StringStripWS, but you're stripping the last @CRLF. Anyway, try this version, it uses an array >>

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

LOL! Now its not writing to the registry.

I think i messed up.

But the spaces in notepad are completely gone.

Your script is really cool. Maybe one day i can understand it completely :)

Edit: I also lost the first example you posted before in post #25. I don't have a clue why its not writing in registry.

Edited by telmob

The example in post 25 is still there. Also it's probably the input into that registry key would probably be your issue. But as far as i'm concerned, I have assisted you enough in your goal. I would look at the code and really break it down to see what i'm doing, there is a lot to be learnt there.

UDF List:

But as far as i'm concerned, I have assisted you enough in your goal.

Absolutely, and your help has been precious.

I would look at the code and really break it down to see what i'm doing, there is a lot to be learnt there.

That's what i'm doing right now.

I'll post something here when i figure it out. :)

Edit: Wanna laugh? I tested the script by adding the exe file to the registry. But it was added to DisallowRun, which means, it cannot work properly :D

Still fixing my @CRLF

Edited by telmob

Did you try the version in post #44? It now returns an array when passing a parameter to _WM_COPYDATA_SendShutdown, just like in the Array functions. Plus, I did say it's the way you're writing to the registry key, this took me 5 seconds to google >> http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/80605-applications-prevent-running-specified-programs.html

Edit: I also updated the post #25 version.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Yes, i tried it. I've even tried arraytostring to write it to the registry (without luck).

But i have two problems here.

In that specific key of the registry i can only have file names without their paths, which this should take care of:

StringRegExpReplace($sFileList, "^.*\\", "")

...but it only works in the first file.

And i still can't find a way to separate the paths line. They're still all together like C:filepathfile.exeC:filepathfilename2.exe.

I could do a arraytostring to write everything to a ini file (or even use ControlSetText), then perform a stringregexp to remove the paths through out the lines and finally write them to registry, but it doesn't look clean. :)

Edited by telmob

Again, did you see my last update in post #44? It returns an array so you just have to enumerate through the array, therefore there shouldn't be any issue(s) with files joining. Plus, I can't stress this enough, you're adding it wrong to the registry. Give me 30 minutes and I will show you the correct approach.

UDF List:

I have no clue why adding the file name to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesExplorerDisallowRun isn't working, but this is how it should be. Good luck. You now have everything in your arsenal to continue without me.

#RequireAdmin
#NoTrayIcon
#include <Array.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

#include '_ShellAll.au3' ; Download From: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/133942-shellall-create-an-entry-in-the-shell-contextmenu-when-selecting-a-file-and-folder-includes-the-program-icon-as-well/#entry933527
#include 'WM_COPYDATA.au3' ; http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/119502-solved-wm-copydata-x64-issue

If @Compiled Then
    Example()
EndIf

Func Example()
    Local $iFileSent = _WM_COPYDATA_Initial('UniqueIDString', Default) ; Start the communication process.
    If @error Then
        If Not _WM_COPYDATA_SendStart(StringReplace(StringStripWS($CmdLineRaw, 3), '"', '')) Then ; Send $CmdLineRaw if there is process already running.
            MsgBox(4096, '2nd Instance: ' & @error, 'Seems there was an @error, but more than likely $CmdLineRaw was blank.' & @CRLF & @CRLF & $CmdLineRaw)
        EndIf
        Exit
    EndIf

Local $iPID = Run('notepad.exe', @ScriptDir, @SW_SHOW)
    Local $hWnd = WinWait('[CLASS:Notepad]', '', 5)
    If Not $hWnd Then
        Return False
    EndIf
    WinSetTitle($hWnd, '', 'Example by guinness ' & @YEAR)

Local $aFileList = 0, $sFileList = ''
    If $CmdLine[0] Then
        For $i = 1 To $CmdLine[0]
            $sFileList &= $CmdLine[$i] & @CRLF
        Next
        ControlSetText($hWnd, '', 'Edit1', $sFileList)
        $sFileList = ''
    EndIf

_ShellAll_Install('Start Example') ; Add the running EXE to the Shell ContextMenu. This will only display when selecting a file and folder.

While ProcessExists($iPID)
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $iFileSent ; If the WM_COPYDATA message is interecepted then add the data sent to notepad.
                $sFileList = _WM_COPYDATA_SendShutdown($aFileList)
                If $sFileList Then
                    ControlSetText($hWnd, '', 'Edit1', ControlGetText($hWnd, '', 'Edit1') & $sFileList)
                    $sFileList = _AddToDisallow($aFileList)
                    _ArrayDisplay($aFileList, $sFileList)
                EndIf
                $aFileList = 0
                $sFileList = ''

EndSwitch
    WEnd

_DeleteToDisallow()
    _ShellAll_Uninstall() ; Remove the running EXE from the Shell ContextMenu.
    _WM_COPYDATA_Shutdown()

Return True
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Func _AddToDisallow(ByRef $aArray)
    Local $fDisallow = Number(RegRead('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\', 'DisallowRun')) == 1
    If Not $fDisallow Then
        RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\', 'DisallowRun', 'REG_DWORD', 1)
    EndIf
    Local $iCount = 0, $iReturn = 0
    For $i = 1 To $aArray[0]
        If StringTrimLeft($aArray[$i], StringInStr($aArray[$i], '.exe', 2, -1)) = 'exe' Then ; If the file is an exe, then continue.
            $aArray[$i] = _GetFilename($aArray[$i])
            $iCount += 1
            $iReturn += RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun\', String($i), 'REG_SZ', $aArray[$i])
        EndIf
    Next
    If $iReturn = 0 And $iReturn = 0 Then
        Return False
    EndIf
    Return $iCount == $iReturn
EndFunc   ;==>_AddToDisallow

Func _DeleteToDisallow()
    Local $iReturn = RegDelete('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\', 'DisallowRun')
    $iReturn += RegDelete('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun\')
    Return $iReturn == 2
EndFunc   ;==>_DeleteToDisallow

Func _GetFilename($sFileName)
    Return StringRegExpReplace($sFileName, '^.*\\', '')
EndFunc   ;==>_GetFilename

Func _WM_COPYDATA_Initial($sIDString, $hGUI, $fCheckOnly = Default)
    _WM_COPYDATA_SetID($sIDString)
    Local Const $vReturn = _WM_COPYDATA_Start($hGUI, $fCheckOnly)
    Local Const $iError = @error
    Local $hWnd = WinGetHandle('[REGEXPTITLE:(?m)^' & _WM_COPYDATA_GetID() & '$]')
    $hWnd = HWnd(ControlGetText($hWnd, '', ControlGetHandle($hWnd, '', 'Edit1')))
    _WM_COPYDATA_SetGUI($hWnd)
    WinSetTitle($hWnd, '', 'START_PROCESS')
    Return SetError($iError, 0, $vReturn)
EndFunc   ;==>_WM_COPYDATA_Initial

Func _WM_COPYDATA_SendShutdown(ByRef $aArray)
    If StringStripWS(_WM_COPYDATA_GetData(), 8) <> 'START_PROCESS' Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, '')
    EndIf

Local $aReturn[1] = [0], $aWinList = 0, $sData = '', $sReturn = ''
    Do
        $aWinList = WinList('[REGEXPTITLE:' & _WM_COPYDATA_GetID() & '__CHILD__' & '\d+]')
        If @error Then
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
        If $aWinList[0][0] Then
            ReDim $aReturn[($aReturn[0] + 1) + $aWinList[0][0]]
            For $i = 1 To $aWinList[0][0]
                $sData = ControlGetText($aWinList[$i][1], '', ControlGetHandle($aWinList[$i][1], '', 'Edit1'))
                If StringStripWS($sData, 8) Then
                    $aReturn[0] += 1
                    $aReturn[$aReturn[0]] = $sData
                    $sReturn &= $sData & @CRLF
                EndIf
                ControlSetText($aWinList[$i][1], '', ControlGetHandle($aWinList[$i][1], '', 'Edit1'), '')
            Next
        EndIf
    Until $aWinList[0][0] == 0

ReDim $aReturn[($aReturn[0] + 1)]
    $aArray = $aReturn
    $aReturn = 0
    WinSetTitle(_WM_COPYDATA_GetGUI(), '', 'START_PROCESS')
    Return $sReturn
EndFunc   ;==>_WM_COPYDATA_SendShutdown

Func _WM_COPYDATA_SendStart($sData)
    Local Const $sTitle = _WM_COPYDATA_GetID() & '__CHILD__' & @AutoItPID
    AutoItWinSetTitle($sTitle)
    Local Const $hWait = WinGetHandle($sTitle)
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, False)
    EndIf
    ControlSetText($hWait, '', ControlGetHandle($hWait, '', 'Edit1'), $sData)

If WinGetTitle(_WM_COPYDATA_GetGUI()) = 'START_PROCESS' Then
        If _WM_COPYDATA_Send('START_PROCESS') Then
            WinSetTitle(_WM_COPYDATA_GetGUI(), '', 'IN_PROCESS')
        EndIf
    EndIf

While 1
        If StringStripWS(ControlGetText($hWait, '', ControlGetHandle($hWait, '', 'Edit1')), 8) == '' Then
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
        Sleep(250)
    WEnd
    Return True
EndFunc   ;==>_WM_COPYDATA_SendStart
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

My suggestion is ask in the general help support section as to why 'HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesExplorerDisallowRun' can't be written to. Create a very small reproducer to explain your case.

UDF List:

Again... thank you for your reply. I've been trying to figure this out.

'HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesExplorerDisallowRun' can be writen to.

See here:

RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun\', "KEY", 'REG_SZ', "KEY")

Its something in the script. The first script you posted writes to the registry if i use this:

If $sFileList Then
$sFileList = StringStripWS($sFileList, 3) & @CRLF; Strip trailing whitespace.
RegWrite( 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun',$sFileList, "REG_SZ", $sFileList)
EndIf

But the problem is the glued paths names. It works well for one file only. And the stringregexp only works for the first file.

Its really weird. I'm bashing my head on every wall in my house over this and i can't find where the problem lies.

Edited by telmob

I know the feeling, you're writing a @CRLF delimited list to the registry, when I've told you that's not how the registry key works. Post #51 is what you want. All you need to do is work out why...

RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun\', '1', 'REG_SZ', 'example.exe')
RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun\', '2', 'REG_SZ', 'example_2.exe')

isn't working. This is where you should do some research. I will even help you and provide a small reproducer I said you should create.

Local $fDisallow = Number(RegRead('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\', 'DisallowRun')) == 1
If Not $fDisallow Then
    RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\', 'DisallowRun', 'REG_DWORD', 1)
EndIf
RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun\', '1', 'REG_SZ', 'example.exe')
RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun\', '2', 'REG_SZ', 'example_2.exe')

_RegJump('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\')
MsgBox(4096, '', 'Close, once you''ve checked the registry.')

If Not $fDisallow Then
    RegDelete('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\', 'DisallowRun')
    RegDelete('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun\')
Else
    RegDelete('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun\', '1')
    RegDelete('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun\', '2')
EndIf

Func _RegJump($sRegistryKey) ; By Yashied
    Local $aArray = StringSplit($sRegistryKey, '\', 2), $iResult = 1, $sClass = '[CLASS:RegEdit_RegEdit]', $sPrevious, $sRootKey

If IsArray($aArray) Then
        $aArray = $aArray[0]
    Else
        $aArray = $sRegistryKey
    EndIf
    Switch $aArray
        Case 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT', 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER', 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE', 'HKEY_USERS', 'HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG'
            $sRootKey = $aArray
        Case 'HKCR'
            $sRootKey = 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT'
        Case 'HKCU'
            $sRootKey = 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER'
        Case 'HKLM'
            $sRootKey = 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE'
        Case 'HKU'
            $sRootKey = 'HKEY_USERS'
        Case 'HKCC'
            $sRootKey = 'HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG'
        Case Else
            Return 0
    EndSwitch

If WinExists($sClass) Then
        WinClose($sClass)
        If Not WinWaitClose($sClass, '', 5) Then
            $iResult = 0
        EndIf
    EndIf
    If $iResult Then
        $sPrevious = RegRead('HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Regedit', 'Lastkey')
        If @error Then
            $sPrevious = 0
        EndIf
        If RegWrite('HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Regedit', 'Lastkey', 'REG_SZ', StringReplace($sRegistryKey, $aArray, $sRootKey, 1)) = 0 Then
            $iResult = 0
        Else
            If Run('regedit.exe') = 0 Then
                $iResult = 0
                If IsString($sPrevious) Then
                    RegWrite('HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Regedit', 'Lastkey', 'REG_SZ', $sPrevious)
                EndIf
            EndIf
        EndIf
    EndIf
    Return $iResult
EndFunc   ;==>_RegJump

That reproducer adds the entries!

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

I'm Dumb! _IsValidFileType wasn't detecting the exe extension because of @CRLF at the end. See above, I fixed the code.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

What a mess heh!? :D

ITS WORKING!!! Its freaking perfect!!!

Your name will be in my script till the end of times :P

OK, great.

UDF List:

Updated post #25. I have now merged post #44 into #25 in case I need to update the function in the future. To return an array just set $fReturnArray to True otherwise False will return a @CRLF delimited string.

UDF List:

Hey guinness :)

I'm trying to use your code without the shellall.au3, because i'm using a submenu.

I changed the code a bit to try out some things. It now has two different starting commands, /allow and /block.

The selected file(s) will call the script name 'SRPE Final.exe /allow' OR 'SRPE Final.exe /block'.

The script no longer depends on .exe because its previously defined by registry. So the registry is set to only show the context menu when hovering .exe or .com, etc.

The big issue now is that instead of writing the chosen file(s) path to registry, it only writes '/allow' or '/block'.

I think my problem lies in one of these parts (or both):

If $CmdLine[0] > 0 Then
Switch $CmdLine[1]
Case "/block"
MsgBox(0, "1", $CmdLine, 4)
$WriteRegAllow = 0
Next
$sFileList = ''
Case "/allow"
MsgBox(0, "2", $CmdLine, 4)
$WriteRegAllow = 1
Next
$sFileList = ''
EndSwitch
EndIf

For $i = 1 To $aArray[0]
If $WriteRegAllow = 0 Then ; If the file is an exe, then continue.
$iCount += 1
$iReturn += RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun\', $aArray[$i], 'REG_SZ', $aArray[$i])
EndIf
If $WriteRegAllow = 1 Then ; If the file is an exe, then continue.
$iCount += 1
$iReturn += MsgBox(0, "2", "WRITE ALLOW", 4);WritePath($aArray[$i])
EndIf

Here's the full script:

#NoTrayIcon
#RequireAdmin
#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=SRPE Final.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#include
#include
#include 'WM_COPYDATA.au3' ; http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/119502-solved-wm-copydata-x64-issue

Global $WriteRegAllow = 0

If @Compiled Then
Example()
EndIf

Func Example()
Local $iFileSent = _WM_COPYDATA_Initial('UniqueIDString', Default) ; Start the communication process.
If @error Then
If Not _WM_COPYDATA_SendStart(StringReplace(StringStripWS($CmdLineRaw, 3), '"', '')) Then ; Send $CmdLineRaw if there is process already running.
MsgBox(4096, '2nd Instance: ' & @error, 'Seems there was an @error, but more than likely $CmdLineRaw was blank.' & @CRLF & @CRLF & $CmdLineRaw)
EndIf
Exit
EndIf

If $CmdLine[0] > 0 Then
Switch $CmdLine[1]
Case "/block"
MsgBox(0, "1", $CmdLine, 4)
$WriteRegAllow = 0
Next
$sFileList = ''
Case "/allow"
MsgBox(0, "2", $CmdLine, 4)
$WriteRegAllow = 1
Next
$sFileList = ''
EndSwitch
EndIf

While ProcessExists("notepad.exe") ;############################################################## CHANGE LATER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Switch GUIGetMsg()
Case $iFileSent ; If the WM_COPYDATA message is interecepted then add the data sent to notepad.
$sFileList = _WM_COPYDATA_SendShutdown($aFileList)
If $sFileList Then
$sFileList = _AddToRegistry($aFileList)
EndIf
$aFileList = 0
$sFileList = ''

EndSwitch
WEnd

;~ _DeleteToDisallow()
;~ _ShellAll_Uninstall() ; Remove the running EXE from the Shell ContextMenu.
_WM_COPYDATA_Shutdown()

Return True
EndFunc ;==>Example

Func _AddToRegistry(ByRef $aArray)
;~ Local $fDisallow = Number(RegRead('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\', 'DisallowRun')) == 1
;~ If Not $fDisallow Then
;~ RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\', 'DisallowRun', 'REG_DWORD', 1)
;~ EndIf
Local $iCount = 0, $iReturn = 0
For $i = 1 To $aArray[0]
If $WriteRegAllow = 0 Then ; If the file is an exe, then continue.
$iCount += 1
$iReturn += RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun\', $aArray[$i], 'REG_SZ', $aArray[$i])
EndIf
If $WriteRegAllow = 1 Then ; If the file is an exe, then continue.
$iCount += 1
$iReturn += MsgBox(0, "2", "WRITE ALLOW", 4);WritePath($aArray[$i])
EndIf
Next
If $iReturn = 0 And $iReturn = 0 Then
Return False
EndIf
Return $iCount == $iReturn
EndFunc ;==>_AddToRegistry

;~ Func _DeleteToDisallow()
;~ Local $iReturn = RegDelete('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\', 'DisallowRun')
;~ $iReturn += RegDelete('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun\')
;~ Return $iReturn == 2
;~ EndFunc ;==>_DeleteToDisallow

Func _GetFilename($sFileName)
Return StringRegExpReplace($sFileName, '^.*\\', '')
EndFunc ;==>_GetFilename

Func _WM_COPYDATA_Initial($sIDString, $hGUI, $fCheckOnly = Default)
_WM_COPYDATA_SetID($sIDString)
Local Const $vReturn = _WM_COPYDATA_Start($hGUI, $fCheckOnly)
Local Const $iError = @error
Local $hWnd = WinGetHandle('[REGEXPTITLE:(?m)^' & _WM_COPYDATA_GetID() & '$]')
$hWnd = HWnd(ControlGetText($hWnd, '', ControlGetHandle($hWnd, '', 'Edit1')))
_WM_COPYDATA_SetGUI($hWnd)
WinSetTitle($hWnd, '', 'START_PROCESS')
Return SetError($iError, 0, $vReturn)
EndFunc ;==>_WM_COPYDATA_Initial

Func _WM_COPYDATA_SendShutdown(ByRef $aArray)
If StringStripWS(_WM_COPYDATA_GetData(), 8) <> 'START_PROCESS' Then
Return SetError(1, 0, '')
EndIf

Local $aReturn[1] = [0], $aWinList = 0, $sData = '', $sReturn = ''
Do
$aWinList = WinList('[REGEXPTITLE:' & _WM_COPYDATA_GetID() & '__CHILD__' & '\d+]')
If @error Then
ExitLoop
EndIf
If $aWinList[0][0] Then
ReDim $aReturn[($aReturn[0] + 1) + $aWinList[0][0]]
For $i = 1 To $aWinList[0][0]
$sData = ControlGetText($aWinList[$i][1], '', ControlGetHandle($aWinList[$i][1], '', 'Edit1'))
If StringStripWS($sData, 8) Then
$aReturn[0] += 1
$aReturn[$aReturn[0]] = $sData
$sReturn &= $sData & @CRLF
EndIf
ControlSetText($aWinList[$i][1], '', ControlGetHandle($aWinList[$i][1], '', 'Edit1'), '')
Next
EndIf
Until $aWinList[0][0] == 0

ReDim $aReturn[($aReturn[0] + 1)]
$aArray = $aReturn
$aReturn = 0
WinSetTitle(_WM_COPYDATA_GetGUI(), '', 'START_PROCESS')
Return $sReturn
EndFunc ;==>_WM_COPYDATA_SendShutdown

Func _WM_COPYDATA_SendStart($sData)
Local Const $sTitle = _WM_COPYDATA_GetID() & '__CHILD__' & @AutoItPID
AutoItWinSetTitle($sTitle)
Local Const $hWait = WinGetHandle($sTitle)
If @error Then
Return SetError(1, 0, False)
EndIf
ControlSetText($hWait, '', ControlGetHandle($hWait, '', 'Edit1'), $sData)

If WinGetTitle(_WM_COPYDATA_GetGUI()) = 'START_PROCESS' Then
If _WM_COPYDATA_Send('START_PROCESS') Then
WinSetTitle(_WM_COPYDATA_GetGUI(), '', 'IN_PROCESS')
EndIf
EndIf

While 1
If StringStripWS(ControlGetText($hWait, '', ControlGetHandle($hWait, '', 'Edit1')), 8) == '' Then
ExitLoop
EndIf
Sleep(250)
WEnd
Return True
EndFunc ;==>_WM_COPYDATA_SendStart

You have any idea why this is hapening?

Hummm.... The problem is in _GetFilename, right?

Edited by telmob

The problem isn't with my code, you've basically changed the goal posts entirely as before your problem was with a context menu display too many instances when selecting multiple files, this isn't the case anymore. Having put so much effort into your issue before, I don't feel like wasting another weekend again on this. Sorry.

Plus, I think you need to re-work your thought process on this and what you actually want to do and/or get out of it.

Edited by guinness

UDF List: