New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v2.27

Jos

• Developers

Not sure what else might play a role in this on my side.

If you think of something I will test it.

Will let it rest for a day or so, and see if I can find something by testing it on some other systems.

---

Other than that. I can live with it. (knowing now how its triggered.)

Don't know. I understand what the problem was before, but that one is now fixed.

Maybe you can send me a file with the snippet you test with that makes it fail for you?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Found the second problem ... Chrome caching. :mellow:

Had to switch to IE to get the updated version.

First problem also fixed, as intended. :)

Thanks.

Edited by iEvKI3gv9Wrkd41u

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

• 2 weeks later...

... >Running AU3Check (1.54.21.0) params:-q -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7 from:C:\PROG_CODE\AutoIt3\beta +>15:47:43 AU3Check ended.rc:0 >Running Obfuscator (1.0.29.3) from:C:\PROG_CODE\AutoIt3\SciTE cmdline: /Beta ... +> Obfuscator v1.0.29.3 finished created:X:\...\____STARTUP_____Obfuscated.au3 >Running AU3Check for obfuscated file(1.54.21.0) params:-q -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7 from:C:\PROG_CODE\AutoIt3\beta X:\...\____STARTUP_____Obfuscated.au3(1121,20) : ERROR: _GetEpochGMT() already defined. ... :mellow: ... For later ... I hope.

Aha. I remember it again. Side effect of Obfuscators own way of comparing the #include filespec-input on #include-once cases.

No bug. (until Jos decides otherwise)

Might as wel drop this one in.

- First #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After parameter and quotes ?

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After="C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe" /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "[Path_To_au3_File]" "%in%"
MsgBox(0, 'MsgBox', 'MsgBox')

#cs
    - build: normal default. (32bit sys/OS)(F7)
    - build: normal default+Beta. (32bit sys/OS)(ALT-F7)
    ;~ >Running:"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe" /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "[Path_To_au3_File]" "V:\AU3_CODE_TMP\BuildTest.au3"
    ;~ 'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    ;~ operable program or batch file.
#ce
;; eof ;;
Edited by iEvKI3gv9Wrkd41u

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

Knock Knock ...

• 3 weeks later...

tool: Jump to Function *

file: AutoItGotoDefinition.lua

function: function AutoItGotoDefinition:ShowFunction(func, file)

case: jump to function definition inside current file.

issue: don't takes in account the target function might be in a 'folded' region.

effect: correct line is selected, but with document view at start of (now) unfolded region.

workaround: move cursor(text) with cursor-keys.

bump: First #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After parameter and quotes ?

- artifact or intentional, or ... intentional artifact.

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

This is what Run after does:

$Pid = Run(@ComSpec & ' /C ' & $INP_Run_After[$x] & '', '', @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

Believe adding some extra DoubleQuotes around the command will help with your issue.... Just play with it.

The folding stuff is something I will look at when time permits to see whether anything can be done about it.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

The folding stuff is something I will look at when time permits to see whether anything can be done about it.

In ShowFunction() there are calls to EnsureVisible() and Goto(). Those calls need reversed:

editor:EnsureVisible(editor:LineFromPosition(pos))
editor:GotoLine(editor:LineFromPosition(pos))

EnsureVisible() only expands folds, it does not scroll the document. Goto() scrolls the document and ensures a line is visible but it does not expand folds. Kind of a stupid design - EnsureVisible() should do as it's name says and ensure a line is visible by expanding AND scrolling.

Note: This post was re-written from scratch. The previous post was based on my observations made under incorrect circumstances. Once I discovered I was doing something wrong I realized the observations I posted were wrong.

Edited by Valik

• 3 weeks later...

MilesAhead, V2.27 is available for SciTE4AutoIt3, please follow the links in Jos' signature. (It was updated about 2/3months ago.)

Edit: Just re-read the post!

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

By the way, you cannot complain about SciTE4AutoHotkey here since the developers of SciTE4AutoHotkey won't visit the autoit-forums. :graduated:

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

Just a theory, but It sounds like it could be a clash due to the "only open one SciTE window" setting that is on by default (well on our version at least, can't say I've checked other SciTE's).

Edit: check.if.already.open, see SciTE help.

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

I just re-read the post! :graduated: completely mis-understood the first time I read it. Bear in mind 1.79 was released in 1 July 2009 so a lot has changed since then!

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Developers

Check the setting for opening multiple windows in both instances.

They both use the standard SciTE build from Neil as far as I know ... and yes... you are a little behind with updates. :graduated:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Check the setting for opening multiple windows in both instances.

They both use the standard SciTE build from Neil as far as I know ... and yes... you are a little behind with updates. :graduated:

I know. I've tried 2.x a number of times. But I kept backing off to 1.79 since it worked the way I wanted.

It's nice to edit AutoIt3 with SciTE but trying to change something is not exactly intuitive. The endless script options files search is a killer.

Edited by MilesAhead

• Developers

There were not many changes between the full installer with version 1.79 and 2.x so not sure what your issue is with that unless you are using the standard one that comes with AutoIt3 before.

this option is about starting a new SciTE instance each time you double click on a file:

check.if.already.open=0

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

There were not many changes between the full installer with version 1.79 and 2.x so not sure what your issue is with that unless you are using the standard one that comes with AutoIt3 before.

this option is about starting a new SciTE instance each time you double click on a file:

check.if.already.open=0

Thanks. They seem to peacefully coexist now. :graduated:

edit: I spoke too soon. For some bizarre reason just setting that option to 0 kills off the customized toolbar. Guess I just have to go back to 1.79.

Edited by MilesAhead

By the way, you cannot complain about SciTE4AutoHotkey here since the developers of SciTE4AutoHotkey won't visit the autoit-forums. ;)

Heh heh. No Tidy in their SciTE either. It's way more fun(at least for me) to type the stuff in all sloppy then hit the button to indent. Being neat on the fly is boring. :graduated:

That's why I like Visual Studio. When properly configured, it becomes difficult to be messy.

The VS IDE editor has Control-t to swap the last 2 characters entered. I like that. Any thought of using it for other than coding I abandoned since the load time is "go make a sandwich" order of magnitude. :graduated:

So few Windows editors I'm familiar with have this feature that I wrote a hotkey to add it, along with some stuff for browsers, Explorer etc..

I think C# and C++ are too gnarly for sloppy input. Delphi I'd just free flow type the crap in and hit Control-d for DelForex to line up the Begin and End stuff.

Edited by MilesAhead