SciTE Jump - Navigate between functions and regions in an AutoIt script

guinness

Then I will have to test in Windows 7 because I used the following reproducer and just couldn't come up with the same results. Let me know if I did anything wrong please.

1. Start SciTE.
  2. Open Au3 Script.
  3. Start SciTE Jump by selecting Alt + Q
  4. Type 100 in input.
  5. Grab SciTE scrollbar and scroll down.
  6. Select SciTE Jump title bar.

This resulted in the line number not jumping back to 100.

ok thanks for the help.

i using windows 7 64 bit SP 1 home premium

and step 3 is not the same as what i do.

in step 3 i start SciTE Jump by runing "SciTE Jump_x64.exe" as you see in the video

Thanks. Opening the executable directly made little difference.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I would also appreciate if people on other systems could perhaps confirm this "issue" for me. Thanks.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

• Moderators

guinness,

Vista SP2 x32 - SciTE 3.3.6 - SciTE Jump 2.12.103.219

1. Start SciTE.
2. Open Au3 Script.
3. Start SciTE Jump from menu.
4. Type 100 in input.
5. Grab SciTE scrollbar and scroll down.
6. Select SciTE Jump title bar - SciTE remains at current line
7. Click in Line input - SciTE scrolls to line 100
M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Thanks M23. Would it be possible to try with the V2.13 provided above, as this should be fixed now.

UDF List:

• Moderators

guinness,

Sorry to say the same happens - I have to click in the line input to get SciTE to scroll back to the selected line. :(

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

guinness,

Sorry to say the same happens - I have to click in the line input to get SciTE to scroll back to the selected line. :(

M23

That's exactly what should happen, as gil900 has shown that selecting the GUI will jump back to the line in the input. Thanks for testing -_0

You see?

I'm not an bugs inventor.

It's a real bug (and quite annoying - I must say).

Good luck - I hope you fix it !

No! Re-read what M23 please. When M23 selects SciTE Jump the line isn't "jumped" to as you've shown your version does. Unless I have misunderstood what "bug" you're talking about. If so please explain clearly.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

the bug is what you see in my videos.

when i grab/Minimizing your tool then your tool jumping without selecting a the line..

I understood that this is happening only to me ..

It is very strange ..

Please help me.
This problem is very disturbing because every time I want to drag/
minimize the window, it jump to another line without I want(only if i selected a line before in your tool) .

if you have a code with almost 6000 lines and you are in line 45XX and you just drag/minimize the "SciTE Jump" window and after that  you find yourself in line 2500 then it is very uncomfortable case..

so if you think that this problem is not serious, I brought an example of why it is serious.

and this is the bug i'm talking about

Edited by Guest

Well I will have to test further, because I can't fix a bug that I can't replicate and it seems Melba23 has no problems, which I thought there would have been -_0

UDF List:

Well I will have to test further, because I can't fix a bug that I can't replicate and it seems Melba23 has no problems, which I thought there would have been -_0

i have a good Idea.

My idea is to run your Source Code with:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

and then record the problem(bug) + the console in realtime.

so when the bug will happens, you will see in the video the debug information at the same time(in the console editor)

but i have a problem with it.

i can't do this.

if i start your tool on debug mode then i get this error:

!> Starting in DebugMode..
Line: @error-@extended: Line syntax
0001: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y
0002: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7
0003: 0-0: #cs
0030: 0-0: #NoTrayIcon
0032: 0-0: #cs
0043: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=Bin\ICON_1.ico
0044: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=SciTE Jump.exe
0045: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=N
0046: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=Quickly navigate between functions and regions in an AutoIt script.
0047: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=2.12.103.219
0048: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalCopyright=SoftwareSpot (C) 2011-2013
0049: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Language=2057
0050: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=Website|
0051: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=E-Mail|comment at the website
0052: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=Y
0053: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Obfuscator=Y
0054: 0-0: #Obfuscator_Parameters=/SF /SV /OM /CS=0 /CN=0
0055: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_res_requestedExecutionLevel=asInvoker
0056: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile_Type=exe
0057: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Compile_Both=Y
0058: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=del "%SCRIPTDIR%\%SCRIPTFILE%_Obfuscated.au3"
0060: 0-0: #include <Constants.au3>
0061: 0-0: #include <GUIButton.au3>
0062: 0-0: #include <GUIComboBoxEx.au3>
0063: 0-0: #include <GUIEdit.au3>
0064: 0-0: #include <GUIListView.au3>
0065: 0-0: #include <GUIMenu.au3>
0066: 0-0: #include <GUITab.au3>
0067: 0-0: #include <GUITreeView.au3>
0068: 0-0: #include <ProgressConstants.au3>
0070: 0-0: #include "Includes\_CRC32ForFile.au3" ; By SoftwareSpot.
0071: 0-0: #include "Includes\_Functions.au3" ; By SoftwareSpot.
0072: 0-0: #include "Includes\_GUIDisable.au3" ; By SoftwareSpot.
0073: 0-0: #include "Includes\_SciTE.au3" ; By SoftwareSpot.
0074: 0-0: #include "Includes\WM_COPYDATA.au3" ; By SoftwareSpot.
0076: 0-0: Global Const $__sScriptDir = _GetInstalledSettingsDir() ; If AutoIt & SciTE is installed then use the application directory instead.
2042: 0-0:  Local $sFilePath = @ScriptDir
2043: 0-0:  If _IsInstalled() Then ; If AutoIt & SciTE is installed then use the application directory instead.
2312: 0-0:  Local $sWow6432Node = ""
2313: 0-0:  If @AutoItX64 Then
2314: 0-0:      $sWow6432Node = "Wow6432Node\"
2315: 0-0:  EndIf
2316: 0-0:  RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\" & $sWow6432Node & "AutoIt v3\AutoIt\", "InstallDir")
2317: 0-1:  If @error Then
2320: 0-1:  Return FileExists(@UserProfileDir & "\abbrev.properties") = 1
2044: 0-0:      $sFilePath = @AppDataDir & "\SciTE Jump"
2046: 0-0:      If FileExists($sFilePath & "\Settings.ini") = 0 Then FileCopy(@ScriptDir & "\Settings.ini", $sFilePath & "\Settings.ini", $FC_OVERWRITE + $FC_CREATEPATH)
2047: 0-0:      If FileExists($sFilePath & "\Bin\Monitor.a3x") = 0 Then FileCopy(@ScriptDir & "\Bin\Monitor.a3x", $sFilePath & "\Bin\Monitor.a3x", $FC_OVERWRITE + $FC_CREATEPATH)
2048: 0-0:      If FileExists($sFilePath) = 0 Then DirCreate($sFilePath) ; Check the settings directory exists.
2049: 0-0:  EndIf
2050: 0-0:  Return $sFilePath
0078: 0-0: _SciTE_GetHandles()
0080: 0-0: _INIUnicode($__sScriptDir & "\Settings.ini")
2279: 0-0:  If FileExists($sINI) = 0 Then
2282: 0-0:      Local Const $iEncoding = FileGetEncoding($sINI)
2283: 0-0:      Local $fReturn = True
2284: 0-0:      If Not ($iEncoding = $FO_UNICODE) Then
2291: 0-0:      Return $fReturn
0081: 0-0: _SetLanguagePath($__sScriptDir)
0082: 0-0: _SetVariables()
0084: 0-0: _IsRestarted() ; Check the application wasn"t restarted.
2324: 0-0:  Local $fReturn = False
2325: 0-0:  If $CmdLine[0] = 2 Then
2346: 0-0:  Return $fReturn
0085: 0-0: _IsX64() ; Run the x64 version of SciTE Jump.
2371: 0-0:  Local Const $iOSArch = _OSArch(), $sProgramName = _ProgramName()
2510: 0-0:  Return "_x" & StringRegExpReplace(@OSArch, "(?i)x86|\D+", "") ; Thanks to wraithdu.
2372: 0-0:  Local $sCommandLine = $CmdLineRaw
2373: 0-0:  If @OSArch = "X64" And @AutoItX64 = 0 And FileExists(@ScriptDir & "\" & $sProgramName & $iOSArch & ".exe") = 1 Then
2379: 0-0: EndFunc   ;==>_IsX64
0087: 0-0: If Not _SciTE_IsActive() Then
0107: 0-0: If _Update() Then
2979: 0-0:  Local Const $aProcess[3] = [2, "SciTE Jump.exe", "SciTE Jump_x64.exe"], $iDelay = 5, $iInternalDelay = 2, $sTempDir = FileGetLongName(@TempDir)
2983: 0-0:  If @Compiled = 0 Then
2984: 0-0:      Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
0111: 1-0: _WM_COPYDATA_SetID("BAE168EC-85EA-11E2-A7D3-360D79957A39")
0113: 0-0: $__vSciTEAPI[$__hSciTEJumpGUI] = _WM_COPYDATA_Start(Default, True)
0114: 0-0: If @error Then
0119: 0-0: Global Const $SCITEJUMP_SCRIPTS = "au3;bat;cmd;html;htm;log;txt"
0120: 0-0: Global Const $PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC = 0x0012, $SC_DRAGMOVE = 0xF012, $WA_INACTIVE = 0, $WA_ACTIVE = 1, $WA_CLICKACTIVE = 2
0123: 0-0: Global $__vSciTEWindow = False
0124: 0-0: Global Enum $__iTreeViewSearchBefore, $__iTreeViewItemID
0125: 0-0: Global Enum Step *2 $__iTreeViewIsComment, $__iTreeViewIsFunctionOrFile, $__iTreeViewIsRegion, $__iTreeViewIsCustomFunction
0126: 0-0: #cs
0134: 0-0: Global $__aLanguageItems[9][5] = [[8, 5]], _ ; Language Strings For Title ContextMenu.
D:\???????\DATA\Desktop\SciTE Jump v2.12.103.219\Source\SciTE Jump_DebugIt.au3 (469) : ==> No variable given for "Dim", "Local", "Global", "Struct" or "Const" statement.:
Global $__aLanguageItems[9][5] = [[8, 5]], Dim $__errnwarjlyq[2] = [@Error, @Extended]
Global $__aLanguageItems[9][5] = [[8, 5]], ^ ERROR

I tried it with source code of v2.12.103.219

Edited by Guest

What's the variable $__errnwarjlyq? I never included that. The error is correct as that line should be on a new line, whereas someone has put it on the same line as Global. In part don't use Dim.

UDF List:

What's the variable $__errnwarjlyq? I never included that. The error is correct as that line should be on a new line, whereas someone has put it on the same line as Global. In part don't use Dim.

This is true.

You have not written to this variable.

#AutoIt3Wrapper did it.

I checked how the debug-mode works.

And I saw that it works in a funny way.

What this does is simple - it creates a new script based on your script and in the new script it adds after each line the command

ConsoleWrite("some line")

While "some line" is the line above this command..

for some reson, I can not find where it saved the new script

OK, well I am unaware of the debug feature. Sorry.

UDF List:

• Moderators

gil900,

I had to delete your last post as it was causing problems with the forum. Posting a seriously large chunk of code within code tags does this every time - and sometimes we cannot fix it easily. If you want to post huge scripts, please attach them as files. ;)

M23

Spoiler

So for me the line number is jumped to when the input has focus i.e. the caret is blinking in the input. Also this is not a bug, it's what we call a design requirement.

New version to test. I tried to reproduce the problem and couldn't.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

• Moderators

guinness,

Happily (because now I understand what is supposed to happen) this new version works in exactly the same way as the other I tested earlier - you need to have the cursor in the "Line" input to get the scroll back having dragged SciTE away from its initial location. :)

m23

Spoiler

guinness,

Happily (because now I understand what is supposed to happen) this new version works in exactly the same way as the other I tested earlier - you need to have the cursor in the "Line" input to get the scroll back having dragged SciTE away from its initial location. :)

m23

This is what it used to be like, but gil900 doesn't want this and for some reason their version still does this when ours doesn't. Hence the confusion.I explained to them that by default when you navigate back and forth between a window the last input focus is retained, so they asked could I revoke this as it's a "bug", though it's a design request if anything.

gil900, can you just confirm that my GIF animation is how you want it to be in your version, as it's starting to get quite confusing around here. Thanks.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

gil900, can you just confirm that my GIF animation is how you want it to be in your version, as it's starting to get quite confusing around here. Thanks.

yes!

this is what i want.

what i don't want is that in this case:

2s9dcae.jpg

it will jump to line 100.

this is NOT what i want and this is happens to me (and for some reason it's not happening to you)

and i also don't whant that it will jump when i click on the minimize button(which also does not happen to you)

I'm surprised you understood something completely different.

I'm sorry I caused confusion ..

It's probably my English..

I hope that now everything is clear after this post

Edited by Guest

What about this >> 

I am trying my best to fix this issue so please be patient with me.

UDF List: