NotePad++ with AutoIt User CallTips ...

jaberwacky

We aren't talking about regular expressions, they should be escaped as < and %gt; in the XML file. Did you try in Notepad++ BrewManNH?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Better. But take a look at DllCallAddress(), in my version I don't reference the special note, but you do Also the UDF functions are missing >, see _ArrayAdd() for example (Requires: #include <Array.au3) should be (Requires: #include <Array.au3>).

I am curious as to why you're updating your version when this is in AutoIt? I applaud you, but just curious -_0

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Wow, this is more than I thought it would be.  I thought I knew my script inside and out.  Silly me.

"I am curious as to why you're updating your version when this is in AutoIt? I applaud you, but just curious -_0"

I don't know what you mean.

Will work on it when I return in a couple of hours or so.

Edited by jaberwocky6669

I don't know what you mean..

Because this file is automatically part of the AutoIt release, so on each release we take care of this file. Wondering why you want to have one as well.

UDF List:

I started this project in 2009 before there was an autoit.xml, which is what I assume you mean by this file.  Are you asking me why I am updating this thread?

I started this project in 2009 before there was an autoit.xml, which is what I assume you mean by this file.  Are you asking me why I am updating this thread?

Yeah, pretty much. Don't get offended, just interested as now you can leave the hard work to us.

UDF List:

Meh, k, I don't mind participating.  Well, k, just thought that my script should be public for all to see and scrutinize.  The more eyes there are the better I always say.

They differ. Mean someone is wrong.

The official version with AutoIt works in Notepad++.

UDF List:

I have decided to stick with your version of inserting a new line character.

UDF List:

Buggy in the sense it doesn't....?

UDF List:

Try this updated version.

Func InsertLineBreakEx($sData) ; Add escape breaks. Idea by jaberwocky6669 and guinness.
    Local Const $iBreak_Point = 100
    Local Const $iLength = StringLen($sData)
    If $iLength < $iBreak_Point Then Return $sData

Local $fIsBreakPoint = False, _
            $iStart = $iBreak_Point, _
            $sChr = '', $sLine = ''
    Local Const $NP_NL = "&#x0a; ", _
            $STR_SPACE = Chr(32)
    For $i = 1 To $iLength
        $sChr = StringMid($sData, $i, 1)

If $i = $iStart Or $fIsBreakPoint Then
            If $sChr = $STR_SPACE Then
                $fIsBreakPoint = False
                $iStart += $iBreak_Point
                $sChr &= $NP_NL
            Else
                $fIsBreakPoint = True
                $iStart += 1
            EndIf
        EndIf
        $sLine &= $sChr
    Next
    Return $sLine
EndFunc   ;==>InsertLineBreakEx

UDF List:

Amazing!  Just as I was about to start my rewrite.  Thank you genius, err, I mean Guinness.

Oh, btw works perfect!  As far as I can tell.  Inserts line breaks where mine didn't.

Edited by jaberwocky6669

You're welcome. Mine is slightly different in operation to your version. Let me know if I screwed up!

UDF List:

By the way, I added Keywords, Macros and Directives to the file.

<KeyWord name='And' />
        <KeyWord name='ByRef' />
        <KeyWord name='Case' />
        <KeyWord name='Const' />
        <KeyWord name='ContinueCase' />
        <KeyWord name='ContinueLoop' />
        <KeyWord name='Default' />
        <KeyWord name='Dim' />
        <KeyWord name='Do' />
        <KeyWord name='Else' />
        <KeyWord name='ElseIf' />
        <KeyWord name='EndFunc' />
        <KeyWord name='EndIf' />
        <KeyWord name='EndSelect' />
        <KeyWord name='EndSwitch' />
        <KeyWord name='EndWith' />
        <KeyWord name='Enum' />
        <KeyWord name='Exit' />
        <KeyWord name='ExitLoop' />
        <KeyWord name='False' />
        <KeyWord name='For' />
        <KeyWord name='Func' />
        <KeyWord name='Global' />
        <KeyWord name='If' />
        <KeyWord name='In' />
        <KeyWord name='Local' />
        <KeyWord name='Next' />
        <KeyWord name='Not' />
        <KeyWord name='Null' />
        <KeyWord name='Or' />
        <KeyWord name='ReDim' />
        <KeyWord name='Return' />
        <KeyWord name='Select' />
        <KeyWord name='Static' />
        <KeyWord name='Step' />
        <KeyWord name='Switch' />
        <KeyWord name='Then' />
        <KeyWord name='To' />
        <KeyWord name='True' />
        <KeyWord name='Until' />
        <KeyWord name='Volatile' />
        <KeyWord name='WEnd' />
        <KeyWord name='While' />
        <KeyWord name='With' />
        <KeyWord name='#ce' />
        <KeyWord name='#comments-end' />
        <KeyWord name='#comments-start' />
        <KeyWord name='#cs' />
        <KeyWord name='#include' />
        <KeyWord name='#include-once' />
        <KeyWord name='#NoTrayIcon' />
        <KeyWord name='#OnAutoItStartRegister' />
        <KeyWord name='#RequireAdmin' />
        <KeyWord name='#EndRegion' />
        <KeyWord name='#forcedef' />
        <KeyWord name='#forceref' />
        <KeyWord name='#ignorefunc' />
        <KeyWord name='#pragma' />
        <KeyWord name='#Region' />
        <KeyWord name='@AppDataCommonDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@AppDataDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@AutoItExe' />
        <KeyWord name='@AutoItPID' />
        <KeyWord name='@AutoItVersion' />
        <KeyWord name='@AutoItX64' />
        <KeyWord name='@COM_EventObj' />
        <KeyWord name='@CommonFilesDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@Compiled' />
        <KeyWord name='@ComputerName' />
        <KeyWord name='@ComSpec' />
        <KeyWord name='@CPUArch' />
        <KeyWord name='@CR' />
        <KeyWord name='@CRLF' />
        <KeyWord name='@DesktopCommonDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@DesktopDepth' />
        <KeyWord name='@DesktopDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@DesktopHeight' />
        <KeyWord name='@DesktopRefresh' />
        <KeyWord name='@DesktopWidth' />
        <KeyWord name='@DocumentsCommonDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@error' />
        <KeyWord name='@exitCode' />
        <KeyWord name='@exitMethod' />
        <KeyWord name='@extended' />
        <KeyWord name='@FavoritesCommonDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@FavoritesDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@GUI_CtrlHandle' />
        <KeyWord name='@GUI_CtrlId' />
        <KeyWord name='@GUI_DragFile' />
        <KeyWord name='@GUI_DragId' />
        <KeyWord name='@GUI_DropId' />
        <KeyWord name='@GUI_WinHandle' />
        <KeyWord name='@HomeDrive' />
        <KeyWord name='@HomePath' />
        <KeyWord name='@HomeShare' />
        <KeyWord name='@HotKeyPressed' />
        <KeyWord name='@HOUR' />
        <KeyWord name='@IPAddress1' />
        <KeyWord name='@IPAddress2' />
        <KeyWord name='@IPAddress3' />
        <KeyWord name='@IPAddress4' />
        <KeyWord name='@KBLayout' />
        <KeyWord name='@LF' />
        <KeyWord name='@LocalAppDataDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@LogonDNSDomain' />
        <KeyWord name='@LogonDomain' />
        <KeyWord name='@LogonServer' />
        <KeyWord name='@MDAY' />
        <KeyWord name='@MIN' />
        <KeyWord name='@MON' />
        <KeyWord name='@MSEC' />
        <KeyWord name='@MUILang' />
        <KeyWord name='@MyDocumentsDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@NumParams' />
        <KeyWord name='@OSArch' />
        <KeyWord name='@OSBuild' />
        <KeyWord name='@OSLang' />
        <KeyWord name='@OSServicePack' />
        <KeyWord name='@OSType' />
        <KeyWord name='@OSVersion' />
        <KeyWord name='@ProgramFilesDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@ProgramsCommonDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@ProgramsDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@ScriptDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@ScriptFullPath' />
        <KeyWord name='@ScriptLineNumber' />
        <KeyWord name='@ScriptName' />
        <KeyWord name='@SEC' />
        <KeyWord name='@StartMenuCommonDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@StartMenuDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@StartupCommonDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@StartupDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@SW_DISABLE' />
        <KeyWord name='@SW_ENABLE' />
        <KeyWord name='@SW_HIDE' />
        <KeyWord name='@SW_LOCK' />
        <KeyWord name='@SW_MAXIMIZE' />
        <KeyWord name='@SW_MINIMIZE' />
        <KeyWord name='@SW_RESTORE' />
        <KeyWord name='@SW_SHOW' />
        <KeyWord name='@SW_SHOWDEFAULT' />
        <KeyWord name='@SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED' />
        <KeyWord name='@SW_SHOWMINIMIZED' />
        <KeyWord name='@SW_SHOWMINNOACTIVE' />
        <KeyWord name='@SW_SHOWNA' />
        <KeyWord name='@SW_SHOWNOACTIVATE' />
        <KeyWord name='@SW_SHOWNORMAL' />
        <KeyWord name='@SW_UNLOCK' />
        <KeyWord name='@SystemDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@TAB' />
        <KeyWord name='@TempDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@TRAY_ID' />
        <KeyWord name='@TrayIconFlashing' />
        <KeyWord name='@TrayIconVisible' />
        <KeyWord name='@UserName' />
        <KeyWord name='@UserProfileDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@WDAY' />
        <KeyWord name='@WindowsDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@WorkingDir' />
        <KeyWord name='@YDAY' />
        <KeyWord name='@YEAR' />
Edited by guinness

UDF List: