Sign in to follow this  
SeF

Function that wait until "inputbox is ready"

SeF

Hi there!

This is my first post here, and I hope that It will be the first of many. ;)

I really loved AutoIt! :)

Here is thing:

I created a script that automates filling some forms using WinWaitActive. But, there is sometimes that occurs some PC's lag (caused by memory or LAN issue) when switching between tabs/screens and my script don't work properly. And in these tabs, the program's title don't change and there aren't any "Visible Text" that I can use along with WinWaitActive.

Is there any function that "knows" when a InputBox is ready?

(I think that will solve my problem)

Thanks! B)

PsaltyDS

Hi there!

This is my first post here, and I hope that It will be the first of many. ;)

I really loved AutoIt! :)

Here is thing:

I created a script that automates filling some forms using WinWaitActive. But, there is sometimes that occurs some PC's lag (caused by memory or LAN issue) when switching between tabs/screens and my script don't work properly. And in these tabs, the program's title don't change and there aren't any "Visible Text" that I can use along with WinWaitActive.

Is there any function that "knows" when a InputBox is ready?

(I think that will solve my problem)

Thanks! B)

Check the status of the control in a loop with something like ControlGetText() which will set @error if the control doesn't exist yet. Once it exists (@error = 0) use ControlSetText() or ControlSend() to input the text.

B)

P.S. Don't forget a short sleep like Sleep(10) to keep from hogging the CPU in your loop. B)

Edit: Good point by Yashied, below. Lots of choices. Sometimes you have controls that are greyed out until ready, so could also be:

If ControlCommand($hWnd, "", $CtrlID, "IsVisible") And ControlCommand($hWnd, "", $CtrlID, "IsEnabled") Then

Even works if the control is being created on a new window and might not exist yet, because ControlCommand() returns 0 if the control isn't found.

B)

Edited by PsaltyDS

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Yashied
SeF

Thanks for the answers guys! ;)

I'm going to try something like this:

Local $hWnd = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:SAP_FRONTEND_SESSION]")
Func CheckScreen()
            If ControlCommand($hWnd, "", "Afx:10000000:10081", "isVisible") and ControlCommand($hWnd, "", "Afx:10000000:10081", "isEnabled") Then
                sleep(10) ;continues the script
            Else
                CheckScreen()
            EndIf
        EndFunc

Then, I will insert the CheckScreen() between each time that I change screens/tabs. The problem is that the software (SAP) has only 1 class/instance. But, I hope that will work :)

Edited by SilvioLobo