Active Directory UDF

water

Searching the web for "windows trusted location" returns something like this.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Yes. There is a GetLastLogin function that queries all DCs for the last login date.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

How LDAP accepts dates is still a mystery to me. Different date formats in the US and Europe make it even more complex :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

I use something similar, and basically you simply need to split out the string and then convert appropriately. I do something like this:

$aSplit = StringSplit(GUICtrlRead($myDate), ", ")

...and then convert each element to a variable (month, day, year). Then just plug that into your _AD_SetAccountExpire call.

Edit: Didn't think about the international formats. You know we Americans think it's all about us :>

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Unfortunately I couldn't find a good docu about acceptable date formats :(

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thanks a lot for the links but this kind of problem has already been solved :)

I referred to functions such as _AD_SetAccountExpire and the different date/time formats they accept.

Use the following syntax for the date/time:
    01/01/1970 = never expire
    yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss= "international format" - always works
    xx/xx/xx <time> = "localized format" - the format depends on the local date/time settings

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Unfortunately I couldn't find a good docu about acceptable date formats :(

I have been using something like this:

$xpire = @YEAR & "-" & @MON & "-" & @MDAY & " " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC
$user = "JSMith"

_AD_SetAccountExpire($user, $xpire)

Ofcourse you can do something like @MON + 3 or something like that..

C0d3 is P0etry( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

On an unrelated but related topic, I was looking for a function that I could feed a display name to, and get back the SamAccountName... I didnt see anything that I could use, so I fabricated this:

Func SAMFromDisplayname($DisplayName)
    Local $objCommand = ObjCreate("ADODB.Command")
    Local $objConnection = ObjCreate("ADODB.Connection")
    $objConnection.Provider = "ADsDSOObject"
    $objConnection.Open("Active Directory Provider")
    $objCommand.ActiveConnection = $objConnection
    Local $strBase = "<GC://dc=" & $Domain & ",dc=COM>"
    Local $strFilter = "(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(displayName=" & $DisplayName & "))"
    Local $strAttributes = "cn,sAMAccountName,displayName,sn,distinguishedName"
    Local $strQuery = $strBase & ";" & $strFilter & ";" & $strAttributes & ";subtree"
    $objCommand.CommandText = $strQuery
    $objCommand.Properties("Page Size") = 100
    $objCommand.Properties("Timeout") = 30
    $objCommand.Properties("Cache Results") = False
    $ADS_SCOPE_SUBTREE = 2
    $objCommand.Properties("searchscope") = $ADS_SCOPE_SUBTREE
    Local $objRecordSet = $objCommand.Execute
    return $objRecordSet.Fields("sAMAccountName").Value
EndFunc   ;==>getusersfromAD

Not sure if its anything you could use but I thought I would just post it.

C0d3 is P0etry( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thanks for this function.

I only had a quick look at it (I'm on vacation right now) but I think _AD_GetObjectsInOU does the same. Right?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Great Script, helps a lot.

before I got this, I was ready to compile dsquery and dsmod to user's desktop.

now I can make script to let user to change their password without any domain tools.

PS, we have 3 different domains, it's always painful to create one user on different DC, now one click can done all the job. Cool~

I'm glad you like the UDF :D

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

the idea is:

first you need create a group for safety, then make a user A join this group.

assign group to manager change password, but not allow to create or delete object.

in script:

obtain @logondomain to check if user are log in domain or local.

_ad_open with that user A

GUIcreate to let user input new password

no GUI for user to input username, obtain username by @Username

then _AD_SetPassword($user,$password)

some user have two domain, one is company's domain, and other is exchange server domain which manager by Top company group.

exchange server domain only have one account for us to add and modify account.

then use this one, user can modify their "own" password and email password, and can one click modify both as same password with unlock.

if something wrong, you just need kick UserA out of the group.

you can also make script write log to a file on server, then you can have log of who is always changing his password and what that password is.  :evil