Sign in to follow this  
Ascend4nt

_EnumChildWindows

_EnumChildWindows

Enumerate controls/children of a Window

Posted Image

This code enumerates all controls/children of a given Window and returns them in an array.

Example code is included.

*small change 9/15/2010:

• removed a #include line from the example code posted here (not required)
*update 3/28/2010:
  • Control ID is now retrieved. Unfortunately the indexing was reworked (sorry). But at least now I believe all the relevant information needed is retrieved.
  • Parameters to the function now have a slightly different meaning. Basically, this was done to allow searching for controls with an empty-string for a Title. All defaults are now 0, so a call can be made like this to find all Controls with a 'Button' classname:

_EnumChildWindows($hWnd,0,0,"Button")

#include <_EnumChildWindows.au3>
; ===============================================================================================================================
; <TestEnumChildWindows.au3>
;
;   Test for _EnumChildWindows UDF.
;
; Author: Ascend4nt
; ===============================================================================================================================

; ===================================================================================================================
;   TEST
; ===================================================================================================================

#include <Array.au3>

Local $hWnd="",$hControl="",$sTitle="",$sClass="",$aEnumList
Local $iCalcPID,$hNumber1Button=-1,$hNumber4Button=-1,$hPlusButton=-1,$hEqualButton=-1
$iCalcPID=Run("calc.exe")
If @error Then Exit
$hWnd=WinWait("Calculator")

If $hWnd=0 Then Exit ProcessClose($iCalcPID)

; Important to wait for the window to fully 'create' itself before getting child windows!
; Note that other processes that become activated somewhere between _WinWaitEx and this will cause WinWaitActive() to wait for manual activation
;WinWaitActive($hWnd)   ; bad idea in busy environment
WinActivate($hWnd)  ; this seems to be a better alternative, the window seems fully created after this is called in my tests

; Parameters to function

;$hControl=HWnd(0x########)
;$sTitle="^(\d|\+|=){:content:}quot;
;$sClass="Button"

$aEnumList=_EnumChildWindows($hWnd,$hControl,$sTitle,$sClass)   ;,2) for RegExp Title
If @Error Then Exit ProcessClose($iCalcPID)

; Find specific items [Certain versions of Calc won't return any text]
For $i=1 to $aEnumList[0][0]
    Switch $aEnumList[$i][3]
        Case "1"
            $hNumber1Button=$aEnumList[$i][0]
            ConsoleWrite("'1' Advanced Mode Name (in current state): [CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:"&$aEnumList[$i][2]&"]"&@CRLF)
        Case "4"
            $hNumber4Button=$aEnumList[$i][0]
            ConsoleWrite("'4' Advanced Mode Name (in current state): [CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:"&$aEnumList[$i][2]&"]"&@CRLF)
        Case "+"
            $hPlusButton=$aEnumList[$i][0]
            ConsoleWrite("'+' Advanced Mode Name (in current state): [CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:"&$aEnumList[$i][2]&"]"&@CRLF)
        Case "="
            $hEqualButton=$aEnumList[$i][0]
            ConsoleWrite("'=' Advanced Mode Name (in current state): [CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:"&$aEnumList[$i][2]&"]"&@CRLF)
    EndSwitch
Next

; Add Headers
$aEnumList[0][0]="Handle"
$aEnumList[0][1]="Classname"
$aEnumList[0][2]="Iteration"
$aEnumList[0][3]="Title/Text"

; Bring the window forward
WinActivate($hWnd)

; Perform a simple calculation to show interaction
If $hNumber1Button<>-1 Then
    ControlClick($hWnd,"",$hNumber1Button,"primary",3)
    ControlClick($hWnd,"",$hNumber4Button)
    Sleep(1000)
    ControlClick($hWnd,"",$hPlusButton)
    Sleep(1000)
    ControlClick($hWnd,"",$hNumber4Button,"primary",2)  ; double click, but that's fine
    Sleep(1000)
    ControlClick($hWnd,"",$hEqualButton)
EndIf

; And Display ALL Enumerated Windows
_ArrayDisplay($aEnumList,"Enumerated controls for 'Calculator'")
ProcessClose($iCalcPID)

Download the ZIP from my site

Ascend4nt's AutoIT Code License agreement:

While I provide this source code freely, if you do use the code in your projects, all I ask is that:

• If you provide source, keep the header as I have put it, OR, if you expand it, then at least acknowledge me as the original author, and any other authors I credit
  • If the program is released, acknowledge me in your credits (it doesn't have to state which functions came from me, though again if the source is provided - see #1)
  • The source on it's own (as opposed to part of a project) can not be posted unless a link to the page(s) where the code were retrieved from is provided and a message stating that the latest updates will be available on the page(s) linked to.
  • Pieces of the code can however be discussed on the threads where Ascend4nt has posted the code without worrying about further linking.
Edited by Ascend4nt

Updated :(

*update 3/28/2010:

• Control ID is now retrieved. Unfortunately the indexing was reworked (sorry). But at least now I believe all the relevant information needed is retrieved.
  • Parameters to the function now have a slightly different meaning. Basically, this was done to allow searching for controls with an empty-string for a Title. All defaults are now 0, so a call can be made like this to find all Controls with a 'Button' classname:

_EnumChildWindows($hWnd,0,0,"Button")

dude u rock.

Is There A Life BEFORE Death?im stupidSaved warn logs: cheateraSmOke_N Note Added 17 January 2009 - 02:54 PM Added to warn level Posting a way to hack the registry and force sending someones desktop via TCP. Jos Note Added 25 November 2008 - 02:52 PM Added to warn level for being an impolite rookie.once a year i go bad ... what will happen in 2010??[u]Its GOOD to be BAD ... (Warlock's Succubus - World of Warcraft)[/u]

wakillon, sorry - that was a remnant from the example before it was modified. It's not required for the code to run, but I realized I left that '#include' statement in there. It's removed now, however, and should run. The code in the ZIP file on my site shouldn't have it either.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Saravanan2213
      Hi everyone,
      i just need your help. i have script for cleaning browsing history and other unwanted file but the problem is i don't want to see the GUI i have attached below. It should not show anything on the screen. is it possible to do it in autoit. thanks in advance.

So for i have tried flag
      Run("rundll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 255", "", @SW_HIDE)
      @SW_DISABLE

Looking forward your help.........

• By Kelvin44
      WiFi Disconnects Automatically Windows 10 / 8 / 7 Laptop. This video guide very help to me
    • By PeterVerbeek
      Hi Guys,
      I've noticed that the SoundGetWaveVolume UDF in an older topic isn't working on Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. It's probably a Windows XP UDF. The UDF below does work. It successfully returns the volume set by SoundSetWaveVolume. It might need checking by the AutoIt community for some synthax finetuning.
      ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name...........: _SoundGetWaveVolume ; Description....: Returns app volume of script, Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10 only ; Syntax.........: _SoundGetWaveVolume([$iValueOnError = -1]) ; Parameters.....: $iValueOnError - Value to return when an error occurs ; Return values..: App volume of script or $iValueOnError at an error ; Error values...: @error = 1 - Unable to create Struct ; @error = 2 - Dll file not found ; @error = 3 - Wrong call so not on Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10 ; @error = 4 - Internal error, array not returned ; @error = 5 - Volume wasn't received ; @error = 6 - Volume couldn't read ; Author.........: Peter Verbeek ; Modified.......: ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _SoundGetWaveVolume($iValueOnError = -1) Local $LPDWORD,$aMMRESULT,$iVolume $LPDWORD = DllStructCreate("dword") If @error <> 0 Then SetError(1) ; 1 = unable to create Struct Return $iValueOnError EndIf ; get app volume of this script $aMMRESULT = DllCall("winmm.dll","uint","waveOutGetVolume","ptr",0,"long_ptr",DllStructGetPtr($LPDWORD)) Switch @error Case 1 SetError(2) ; 2 = dll file not found Return $iValueOnError Case 2,3,4,5 SetError(3) ; 3 = wrong call so not on Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10 Return $iValueOnError EndSwitch If not IsArray($aMMRESULT) Then SetError(4) ; 4 = internal error, array not returned Return $iValueOnError EndIf If $aMMRESULT[0] <> 0 Then SetError(5) ; 5 = volume wasn't received Return $iValueOnError EndIf $iVolume = DllStructGetData($LPDWORD,1) If @error <> 0 Then SetError(6) ; 6 = volume couldn't read Return $iValueOnError EndIf Return Round(100*$iVolume/4294967295) ; return in range 0 to 100 as SoundSetWaveVolume() EndFunc  
    • By TheAutomator
      I'm working on a script that needs to work with a huge database inside a combobox.
      I'm looking for the best way to link a multidimensional array to that data to load that data on to textfields.

example:
      combo item 0 = "A", data = [index linked to combo item 0] [1,0,5,4,87,9,"xyz"]
      combo item 1 = "B", data = [index linked to combo item 1] [1,6,5,4,87,9,"zzz"]
      combo item 3 = "A", data = [index linked to combo item 3] [1,6,4,4,87,9,"aaa"] ; yes also double items!
      Would also like to be able to delete and add items on the fly btw..
      Local $INDEX[0][10] ; ubound wil be resized like a stack while loading from a textfile ;inside gui: local $Combo = GUICtrlCreateCombo('...', 10, 10, 290, 25) ;gui loop: While True Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Combo display() ; how do i link my array index to the combo labels to know what to show in the textfields? ; NOTE: (there are duplicate items in the combobox!) EndSwitch WEnd Any toughs are welcome.
      I was thinking about using _GUICtrlComboBox_GetCurSel($Combo) and use that integer to refer to the index (dimension 1) of the array 
      Thanks, TheAutomator

• By nacerbaaziz
      good morning all.
      first lit me give you all a thinks to your help
      you're help me allot thank you all.
      sirs today i've a new problem
      it's not a problem but thing i want to add it to blind accessability.
      the ListBox can send a notification when the user send a double click on it items
      but as we know that the blind users can't use the mouse for that they use the keybord to navigate.
      as we know that the enter replace the double click on the keybord
      for that i need when the user send a inter above any listBox item the list send a double click notification.
      i know some of you tell me that i can use the  GUISetAccelerators function
      but the enter has a other tasks such as leav a blanc line on edits and activate the defaultButton and other tasks.
      that what i need and i hope that you can help me
      this is a simple example.
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StructureConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <ListBoxConstants.au3> Example() Func Example() Local $sMESSAGE = "The following buttons have been clicked" GUICreate("My GUI list") ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered Local $idButton_Add = GUICtrlCreateButton("Add", 64, 32, 75, 25) Local $idButton_Clear = GUICtrlCreateButton("Clear", 64, 72, 75, 25) global $idMylist = GUICtrlCreateList("buttons that have been clicked", 176, 32, 121, 97) GUICtrlSetLimit(-1, 200) ; to limit horizontal scrolling GUICtrlSetData(-1, $sMESSAGE) global $DummyList = GUICtrlCreateDummy() GUICtrlSendToDummy($DummyList, 1) Local $idButton_Close = GUICtrlCreateButton("my closing button", 64, 160, 175, 25) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_command, "WM_command") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; Loop until the user exits. While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $idButton_Add GUICtrlSetData($idMylist, "You clicked button No1|") Case $idButton_Clear GUICtrlSetData($idMylist, "") Case $idButton_Close MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "the closing button has been clicked", 2) Exit case $DummyList $g_iTemp = GUICtrlRead($DummyList) if $g_iTemp = $LBN_DBLCLK then ;$LBN_DBLCLK then msgBox(64, "", "") endIf GUICtrlSendToDummy($DummyList, 0) EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc ;==>Example Func WM_command($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg Local $tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $lParam) $hWndFrom = $lParam $iCode = BitShift($wParam, 16) ; Hi Word Switch $hWndFrom Case GUICtrlGetHandle($idMylist) Switch $iCode Case $LBN_SELCHANGE, $LBN_DBLCLK, $LBN_SELCANCEL, $LBN_SETFOCUS GUICtrlSendToDummy($DummyList, $iCode) case else ;GUICtrlSendToDummy($DummyTreeview, 1) EndSwitch EndSwitch Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc