Outlook Mail with third party plugin

What I don't understand is why WinList gets your Window and your script doesn't.

I'm running out of ideas Posted Image

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

How about this. I replaced WinWait with WinList and set the WinTitleMatchMode at the start of the script.

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) 
While 1
    $line = FileReadLine($file)
    If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop
    $lineFinal = $lineFinal & "<BR>" & $line
WEnd
FileClose($file)
$oOApp = ObjCreate("Outlook.Application")
$oOMail = $oOApp.CreateItem($olMailItem)
With $oOMail
    .Save
    .To = $address
    .Subject = $subject
    .BodyFormat = $olFormatHTML
    .Importance = $olImportanceNormal
    .HTMLBody = $lineFinal
    .Send
EndWith
Do
    Sleep(500)
    $aWindows = WinList("Message Classification")
Until $aWindows[0] = 1
ConsoleWrite("Before ControlClick" & @CRLF)
$iResult = ControlClick("Message Classification", "Select Classification", 1)
ConsoleWrite("After ControlClick. Result = " & $iResult & @CRLF)
$oOApp = 0

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

it still does nothing. the window just sits there until I hit cancel on it. then it gives me an error that the array subscript is out of range. so it still doesn't see that window for some reason.

Ok, I think something else is wrong. Could you please run this script and post the result (copy all the lines from ScITe):

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) 
While 1
    $line = FileReadLine($file)
    If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop
    $lineFinal = $lineFinal & "<BR>" & $line
WEnd
FileClose($file)
ConsoleWrite("After FileClose" & @CRLF)
$oOApp = ObjCreate("Outlook.Application")
ConsoleWrite("After ObjectCreate: " & @error & @CRLF)
$oOMail = $oOApp.CreateItem($olMailItem)
ConsoleWrite("After CreateItem: " & @error & @CRLF)
With $oOMail
    .Save
    .To = $address
    .Subject = $subject
    .BodyFormat = $olFormatHTML
    .Importance = $olImportanceNormal
    .HTMLBody = $lineFinal
    .Send
EndWith
ConsoleWrite("After SendMail: " & @error & @CRLF)
Do
    Sleep(500)
    $aWindows = WinList("Message Classification")
Until $aWindows[0] = 1
ConsoleWrite("Before ControlClick" & @CRLF)
$iResult = ControlClick("Message Classification", "Select Classification", 1)
ConsoleWrite("After ControlClick. Result = " & $iResult & @CRLF)
$oOApp = 0

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

OK here's what happens. When I run it I get this in the console (MAC and system name edited):

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "F:\New Machine Load\Scripting\Scripts\test.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3" /UserParams    
+>10:49:49 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.0.1.24    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X64 OS:X86)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.19.0)  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3
+>10:49:49 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.6.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "F:\New Machine Load\Scripting\Scripts\test.au3"    
MACAddress: 00:00:00:00:00
Name: Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet
SystemName: PA*******11
After FileClose
After ObjectCreate: 0
After CreateItem: 0

At that point the pop up window that is the problem comes up on the screen and just sits there. It won't do anything. When I hit "Cancel" on that window, then I get:

After SendMail: 0
F:\New Machine Load\Scripting\Scripts\test.au3 (70) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:
Until $aWindows[0] = 1
Until ^ ERROR
->10:51:20 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1
>Exit code: 1    Time: 92.429
Edited by vrocco

Now I see where the problem is! Your script hangs in the With/EndWith Statement. The window is triggered by the .send statement. But as the line after "EndWith" is never reached the line "ConsoleWrite("After SendMail: " & @error & @CRLF)" is never executed.

As AutoIt does not support multitasking you have to click on the window in a second script.

I would suggest to write a second (short) script that does:

* Wait for the window to appear (and specify a timeout so the script will not hang around forever)

* Click on the Button

* Exit

Start this second script after line "$oOMail = $oOApp.CreateItem($olMailItem)" in your first script.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

As I understand it, here is what I think is happening. When that ".Send" executes, the window pops up. However, autoit won't move on to the next line of the script until that .Send completes. And the .Send won't complete until either "Ok" or "Cancel" is clicked on that window.

This is why when we looked for the window with a separate script while the main script was running, it found it. However, since the .Send never completes, it never gets to the part of the script that looks for the window. When I hit "Cancel", the window is gone and so it can't find it then either.

Does this sound right? Any ideas?

That's exactly how I understand it as well.

Please see my previous posting for a suggestion on how to solve the problem (I hope I was able do make it understandable :blink:)

Edit: Glad to be of service! If you have further questions, just drop a note.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

That's good news! So I will now shut down my computer and leave my office.

Have a nice evening!

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki