Super duper help file idea

goldenix

I have this Upload to web, then everyone who wants, can dl the latest udf collection & integrate it into their current help file via just 1 button click idea.

any idea if this can be done? the idea is to find the udf u need fast & easy.

I have tons of small udfs lying in random files & I never find the udf I need. Or it takes too long to find it & its faster to just make a new one.

Now, suppose Ill make a new function for adding stuff into a multidimensional array & call it _ArrayAdd_multidim()

Next you download autoit & scite & install. Next, run a magical exe file that will modify the original help file & add all my personal UDFs into the help file.

Is this kind of thing possible?

If its not possible to edit help file, would it be possible to download the help file as say html & then integrate html files into scite, so you can type into scite _arrayadd & see the _ArrayAdd_multidim() function in the list so you can hit down & enter & then select it & hit F1 to see remarks & examples you have created previously inside the help file?

if this can be done then, technically there are tons of free hostings, that give you like 10 or 20 MB space & php. And the help file is only less than 3MB. imagine how many udfs ppl would be able to upload.

My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

Some links to check for some more idea pondering.

wiki/UDF

DLL Collection Thread Useful 3rd party libraries overview

AutoIt Snippets Database Store all your favorite snippets here.

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

I think someone came up with this 3 or 4 years ago. It's really a great idea.. And I think someone actually got something working. Maybe it was just a GUI thing. I'll look it up when I can find the time. Look for something like "addon manager" or "udf library".

P.S. I think the idea for this came from the same thread as that tool that automatically finds the correct include based on the functions you use.

Edited by Manadar

Probebly not this one. But it seems related.

Include-Functions Manager View or View All, Includes, Functions, Parameters

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

Knock Knock ...

Probebly not this one. But it seems related.

Include-Functions Manager View or View All, Includes, Functions, Parameters

Not sure about Manadar but that's the one that popped into my head when I first saw the thread. I just couldn't find my bookmark to it.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Just wondering about something.

Would it make sens to have some sort of code information block (like the 'function information block'), But than for snippets up to full include-file UFD's. But more targeted to some general information. Including maybe some classifying lines/data that could be used to auto-place them inside code manager tools.

The general idea here it that it could help in organizing them in whatever tool thats supports those data blocks. Like when they are transfered (export, import) between different locations (other manager, user, webpage(), etc).

I'm not aware of anything in this area. But if there is already something that covers this please drop in a link to it.

--- snippet managers topics ---

Snippet holder for SciTE MikeOsdx, Jan 2006

Code Snippet Derived from MikeOsdx's Snippet HolderGaryFrost, Jan 2006-2010

Au3DB Snippet Holder with syntax highlightingFuryCell, Jun 2010

Knock Knock ...

Actually this gives me an idea for a new project. Using some of the functions from the code I use to create my online help and a few new functions, it should be possible to generate an AutoIt help file which would include personal UDFs. I would place them below the User Defined Functions in the existing TOC of the help file.

Ideally it will also create the example files and generate the html from text files the same way as AutoIt now does, but that may take a while longer to accomplish.

Any interest in this concept?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Actually this gives me an idea for a new project. Using some of the functions from the code I use to create my online help and a few new functions, it should be possible to generate an AutoIt help file which would include personal UDFs. I would place them below the User Defined Functions in the existing TOC of the help file.

Ideally it will also create the example files and generate the html from text files the same way as AutoIt now does, but that may take a while longer to accomplish.

Any interest in this concept?

Great idea!

When I extended John Clellands adfunctions.au3 to AD.au3 I found sample scripts for everything I needed (check and build templates, generate the html files and SciTE includes).

But I was not able to attach the help files to the AutoIt help file.

It would be great if we could incorporate user written UDFs into AutoIt. So if you press F1 on a user written function the help file would pop up and display the requried info.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

That's the general idea although I don't know just what, if any, changes could be required in the AutoItHelp.exe file which is required by Scite. Integrating into the existing help file is not all that difficult really. I won't have time today but perhaps tomorrow I can run a couple of quick experiments. And then when I have more time I'll do a full run to generate the files and test it. To add the section to the help file TOC it's only a matter of adding 5 or 6 lines into the existing TOC file and an SREReplace will do that nicely enough.

George