Listview issue creating items

EndFunc

I'm trying to add items to a list view from an array. Somehow it does show the actual items but it's populating the list because i see the scrollbar get smaller and I can move it up and down but yet there is no data.

Local $ListItem[UBound($aADResults)]
For $i = 1 To $aADResults[0]
$ListItem[$i] = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("", $ADlist)
GUICtrlSetData($ListItem[$i], $aADResults[$i])
Next

I've tried it a number of ways and just can't get it to work. Anyone have suggestions?

Edited by EndFunc
EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

_GUICtrlListView_AddArray() >> Search in the Help File for a good Example :)

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

_GUICtrlListView_AddArray() >> Search in the Help File for a good Example :)

Thanks

I tried that, just keeps erroring and exiting the script. Kept giving me that subscript variable exceeded error message.

So I was just trying to do them dynamically one at a time. That should work. It just won't show the data. And the top is preselected even though there is no text there.

I tried that, just keeps erroring and exiting the script. Kept giving me that subscript variable exceeded error message.

Maybe if you post some code I could have a look :) Because it sounds like a problem with the Code and not the Function! Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Maybe if you post some code I could have a look :) Because it sounds like a problem with the Code and not the Function!

Here is a little gui I maybe really quickly which is what Im using within my main gui.

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <ListViewConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$ADResults = GUICreate("ADResults", 362, 254, 230, 154)
$ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 16, 24, 329, 145, BitOR($LVS_REPORT,$LVS_SINGLESEL,$LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS,$WS_VSCROLL))
$adselect = GUICtrlCreateButton("Select", 40, 188, 105, 33, $WS_GROUP)
$adcancel = GUICtrlCreateButton("Cancel", 211, 188, 105, 33, $WS_GROUP)
Local $ListItem[UBound($aADResults)]
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
For $i = 1 To $aADResults[0]
Next
While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

The array $aADResults comes from a query I do in Active Directory so I can't give you the array info. But it can be manually declared for testing.

BTW _arraydisplay works fine but I can't manipulate that.

Edited by EndFunc

I did this before I saw your reply >>

Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1)

Example()

Func Example()
    GUICreate("listview items", 220, 250, 100, 200, -1, $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES)
    Local $ListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("Column 1", 10, 10, 200, 150)

Local $Array[10] = [9, "TEST", "TEST", "TEST", "TEST", "TEST", "TEST", "TEST", "TEST", "TEST"]
    Local $ListItem[UBound($Array, 1) - 1]
    For $i = 1 To $Array[0]
        $ListItem[$i - 1] = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("", $ListView)
        GUICtrlSetData($ListItem[$i - 1], $Array[$i])
    Next
    GUISetState()

Do
        Sleep(50)
    Until GUIGetMsg() = -3
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Edit: With your Example there a couple of things that won't work, so its best to have a look at my Example and any problems let me know :)

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

OK, so this is your Example with a few changes >>

_Example()

Func _Example()
    GUICreate("ADResults", 362, 254, 230, 154)
    Local $ListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("Column 1", 16, 24, 329, 145, BitOR($LVS_REPORT, $LVS_SINGLESEL, $LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS, $WS_VSCROLL))
    Local $OK= GUICtrlCreateButton("Select", 40, 188, 105, 33, $WS_GROUP)
    Local $Cancel = GUICtrlCreateButton("Cancel", 211, 188, 105, 33, $WS_GROUP)
    Local $aADResults[9] = ["TEST", "TEST", "TEST", "TEST", "TEST", "TEST", "TEST", "TEST", "TEST"]
    Local $ListItem[UBound($aADResults, 1) + 1]

For $i = 0 To UBound($aADResults, 1) - 1
        $ListItem[$i] = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("", $ListView)
    Next
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
    While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case -3, $Cancel
                Exit

EndSwitch
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>_Example

UDF List:

I did this before I saw your reply >>

Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1)

Example()

Func Example()
    GUICreate("listview items", 220, 250, 100, 200, -1, $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES)
    Local $ListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("Column 1", 10, 10, 200, 150)

Local $Array[10] = [9, "TEST", "TEST", "TEST", "TEST", "TEST", "TEST", "TEST", "TEST", "TEST"]
    Local $ListItem[UBound($Array, 1) - 1]
    For $i = 1 To $Array[0]
        $ListItem[$i - 1] = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("", $ListView)
        GUICtrlSetData($ListItem[$i - 1], $Array[$i])
    Next
    GUISetState()

Do
        Sleep(50)
    Until GUIGetMsg() = -3
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Edit: With your Example there a couple of things that won't work, so its best to have a look at my Example and any problems let me know :)

Thank you for steering me in the right direction. The problem all along was I did not put a name for the first column. After I did that it worked.

$ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Name", 16, 24, 329, 145, BitOR($LVS_REPORT,$LVS_SINGLESEL,$LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS,$WS_VSCROLL))

Its the little things you over look. ;) Thanks for your help.

Good, also the Example provided didn't work because $ADResults was a Handle of the GUI and not a 'fake' array!

UDF List: