Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Icy

"Sleep" FOR Few Lines... PLS HELP

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

I know that function "sleep" will pause script for some duration, but I would like to know if I can pause some lines. Let me explain:

Btw, I'm beginner...

While 1 = 1

~I WANT TO PAUSE THISˇˇˇ FOR 2000ms~

Send ("{LEFT}")

Send ("{ESC}")

~I WANT TO PAUSE THIS^^ FOR 2000ms~ (but i want to run my other lines)

Send ("{RIGHT}")

Sleep (100)

WEnd

Thanks for your help. =)

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Have you opened the helpfile and search for that particular word?

Guess not ..

Edited by Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

~I WANT TO PAUSE THIS^^ FOR 2000ms~ (but i want to run my other lines)

What Jos said and AdlibRegister()

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

Well.... I'm always checking help, but I can't explain my problem to it.. -.-

But I'm not sure, that AdlibRegister() is that what I meant.

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

Well.... I'm always checking help, but I can't explain my problem to it.. -.-

you can not tell me you looked for a function that "sleep"s the script for a period and didn't find the Sleep() fuction. ...... no-way! :) Edited by Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I know what command sleep is for - but it will pause your whole script for that duration, but I want something that will DISABLE some lines for SELECTED DURATION - that means: it will always skip them till the time will run out..

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

Just put that part of the code inside an If/EndIf that tests a Global flag:

Global $f_EnableFunc = True

; Code here...

If $f_EnableFunc Then
    ; Conditional code here...
EndIf

; More code here...

By setting/clearing the flag you enable/disable that block of code. There are many variations on that theme, like putting that code in a function and conditionally calling the function based on the flag's state.

Edited by PsaltyDS

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Thanx, you helped me!

#9 ·  Posted (edited)

You are a helpee.

If I may add... PsaltyDS is sdYTLAsp backwards and opposite case on top of that.

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

If I may add... PsaltyDS is sdYTLAsp backwards and opposite case on top of that.

Only on weekends, before proper caffination. I'm feeling much better now!

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law