OutlookEX UDF

water

Hi AutoITSM,

the problem is - as I mentioned in my previous post - that the password property can't be accessed using the Outlook object model.

The only way to solve the problem is to start a second script, wait for the password GUI to appear and enter the password. A good example is the _OL_Warnings.au3

OK.I see.

Now by another way,I first determine whether the outlook has been opened,as follows:

Func if_OLOPEN()

If ProcessExists("Outlook.exe")=0 Then

MsgBox(262192,"HIN","OUTLOOK Hasn't been opened! Please open OUTLOOK manually!")

Exit

Else

$OL_Handle = _OL_Open()

Return $OL_Handle

EndIf

EndFunc

This method is a little stupid, if there are other ways, Please tell me.

Hi AutoITSM,

the problem is - as I mentioned in my previous post - that the password property can't be accessed using the Outlook object model.

The only way to solve the problem is to start a second script, wait for the password GUI to appear and enter the password. A good example is the _OL_Warnings.au3

Sorry for trouble you again,but i have another question need you to resolve.

$oItem = _OL_ItemCreate($oOutlook, $olMailItem, "Outlook-UDF-Test\SourceFolder\mail", "", "Subject=TestMail", "BodyFormat=" & $olFormatHTML, "HTMLBody=Bodytext in <b>bold</b>.")

For the HTMLBody property, How to write a line break?

I tried like< "HTMLBody=123"&@CRLF&"456"> ,but the string "123" and "456" are still in the sam row.

SO i changed the line 2144 and 2145 like belows:

$oOL_Item.ItemProperties.Item(StringStripWS(StringLeft($aOL_Properties[$iOL_Index], $iOL_Pos - 1), 3) ).value = _

StringMid($aOL_Properties[$iOL_Index], $iOL_Pos + 1)

(delete the second StringStripWS function) and it is not working.

Please help...thx again

Edited by AutoITSM

For the HTMLBody property, How to write a line break?

I tried like< "HTMLBody=123"&@CRLF&"456"> ,but the string "123" and "456" are still in the sam row.

SO i changed the line 2144 and 2145 like belows:

$oOL_Item.ItemProperties.Item(StringStripWS(StringLeft($aOL_Properties[$iOL_Index], $iOL_Pos - 1), 3) ).value = _

StringMid($aOL_Properties[$iOL_Index], $iOL_Pos + 1)

(delete the second StringStripWS function) and it is not working.

Please help...thx again

Hi AutoITSM,

Ha,i solved the problem.

So is HTML syntax, just use </br> .

Just like "HTMLBody=123</br>456"

I understand it a little bit inside the principle of. Thank you agan.

Please have a look at the code of _OL_Open and _OL_Close (if you like).

_OL_Open checks if Outlook is already running. If Outlook is already started a global variable ($fOL_AlreadyRunning) is set. _OL_Close shuts down Outlook only if it has been started by _OL_Open. Or you can set parameter $fOL_ForceClose to True then Outlook is closed anyway.

So you don't have to check if Outlook is already running, just call _OL_Open and _OL_Close.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Ha,i solved the problem.

So is HTML syntax, just use </br> .

Just like "HTMLBody=123</br>456"

I understand it a little bit inside the principle of. Thank you agan.

It's HTML syntax, that's true. Every HTML tag has an opening and a closing form. The closing form has a slash after the left bracket.

Example: "Write this text in bold" would be in HTML "Write this text in <b>bold</b>"

In your case "</br>" is the closing tag - but a line break doesn't need a closing tag. Correct would be "<br>".

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

It's HTML syntax, that's true. Every HTML tag has an opening and a closing form. The closing form has a slash after the left bracket.

Example: "Write this text in bold" would be in HTML "Write this text in <b>bold</b>"

In your case "</br>" is the closing tag - but a line break doesn't need a closing tag. Correct would be "<br>".

Thank you very much,i learned so much~:)

• 2 weeks later...

Version 0.4.0 has been released.

Please test before using in production!

For download please see my signature.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 3 weeks later...

I have been looking through the Outlook UDF's for a script that supports a process which simply saves any file/s attached to an email to default folder and then on completion of that process delete the email and its attachment. I am ok with most of the prcoesses however the method of dealing with the attachment escapes me. If you can point me in the right direction that would be very much appreciated. Ant.. :mellow:

This could be done with a script like this one. Please change line 2 and 3 so you get the object/EntryID of the mail item to process.

$oOL = _OL_Open()
$aItems = _OL_ItemFind($oOL, ....)
$oOL_Item = $aItems...
_OL_ItemSave($oOL, $oOL_Item, Default, "C:\Temp\", $olTXT, 2)
If @error Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX Example Script", "Error saving attachments: @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
_OL_ItemDelete($oOL, $oOL_Item)
If @error Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX Example Script", "Error deleting mail item: @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
_OL_Close($oOL)
Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi Guys, I'm kind of new to AutoIt and have only done some basic scripts with AutoIt which I think is amazing! (had to be said :mellow: ). I was thinking a project to work on and I had the idea of using AutoIt to move emails in my mailbox to their appropriate folders in Outlook based on the domain of the sender. Did some googling and found your OutlookEX.au3 which I am very impressed with.

I am struggling with how to access the inbox and then gather the sender email address from the email currently focused on. If you point me in the write direction I would really appreciate it.

Cheers

Sath

Use something like:

#include <OutlookEx.au3>
$oOL = _OL_Open() ; Connect to Outlook
$aSelectedItems = _OL_FolderSelectionGet($oOL) ; Get the selected items from the active explorer
$aOL_Properties = _OL_ItemGet($oOL, $aSelectedItems[1][0], Default, "SenderEmailAddress") ; Get the SenderEmailAddress property of the first selected item
You have to make sure that the user selects the inbox and a mail item you want to process.

Or you could use Outlook events.

Please have a look at the _OL_Test_NewMail_Event.au3 shows how to handle events.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 2 weeks later...

Version 0.5.0 has been released.

Please test before using in production!

For download please see my signature.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Glad you got it working :graduated:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I hope this is only a presentation problem (code page) :graduated:

What do you do with the returned path (what functuions etc. do you call) and do you get any errors when you use the pathname?

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

i try this

#include <OutlookEX.au3>
Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open()
Global $aPST = _OL_PSTGet($oOutlook)
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_PSTGet Example Script", "Error accessing PST archives. @error = " & @error & ", @extended: " & @extended)
Run('explorer.exe ' & $aPST[1][2])

it is open my root profile folder:

C:\Users\symen\Documents

Why do you want to open the PST using explorer.exe?

The PST is already accessed by Outlook so you can do whatever you want using the UDF functions.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki