Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Donald8282

Open on startup MSconfig

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to get an AutoIt program to start up in MSconfig instead of the startup folder. I like to keep that folder clean.

Smells of malacious activities. There are lot of ways to do what you want. What is the script for ?

I know it does sound malicious =\ but It's for a project I want to start working on again.

Link:

I stopped working on it a while ago and want to try to finish it.

theres two ways to do it (I'm pretty sure)...

for all users, open regedit and go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

add a string value, and put in the path to your program.

for just one user, do the same thing, but in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

[font=arial, sans-serif]How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]<div>This is how you annoy a web developer.</span>[/font]

theres two ways to do it (I'm pretty sure)...

for all users, open regedit and go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

add a string value, and put in the path to your program.

for just one user, do the same thing, but in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Ok, thanks =D

errr there are more ways too ...

1. ShellExcute the exe from the autoexec.bat in the root of the system drive.

2. HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell -> explorer.exe yourapp.exe

:unsure:

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

Also check out the Function _Startup() in my signature.

This should give you an idea of what to code >>

_StartupFolder_Install("Program Name", @AutoItExe, 0) ; Current User OR ...
_StartupFolder_Install("Program Name", @AutoItExe, 1) ; All Users

Smells of malacious activities.

I don't think it does, quite a few programs use the registry entry Run to start their program upon startup. Edited by guinness

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

Thanks everyone for the ways to do it =] Guinness, you've been a lot of help on this one (The most simple way to do it =]) Again, thanks to everyone.