Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PowerCat

StringRegExp woes

4 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I've made a RegExp string in RegExpQuickTester and it works fine, but as soon as I put that string with StringRegExp, it sets @error to 1.

I want to get the number "1" that's listed between <td nowrap="nowrap" align="center"> and </td><td>

One of the challenge is that the web page is formatted strangely, following the 'align="center">' is 1 carriage return, and 4 TABs.

After the number and before the number, there are 4 TABs.

Here is the code:

#include <array.au3>

$string ="<TD noWrap align=middle>1 </TD><TD noWrap align=middle>1 </TD><TD noWrap align=middle>1 </TD>"

$number = StringRegExp($string, '(?i)</td><td nowrap="nowrap" align="center">(?:\s+)(\d*)(?:\s+)</td><td>', 3)

Why does it work in the regexptester but not while using autoit??

Thanks.

Edited by PowerCat

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Have you tried _StringBetween()?

Edit: I know this was a stupid question, the answer is technically in your OP! But if you don't ask you'll never know.

Edited by guinness

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

PowerCat.

If we look at your original string (before you edited it) you were looking for the wrong type of quote - which is why you got no matches. If you use the correct form of quote then you get all the values:

#include <array.au3>

$string = "<a class='linkAction' onclick='__doPostBack('@@@@@Edit', '772')'>AdobeFlash Player-10.0.12.36-Corp-EN</a>            " & _
        "</td><td nowrap='nowrap' align='center'>                1           </td><td>Superseded</td><td align='left'>               <a class='linkAction' onclick='__doPostBack('@@@@@Edit', '952')'>AdobeFlash Player-10.0.22.87-Corp-EN</a>           " & _
        "</td><td nowrap='nowrap' align='center'>                1           </td><td>Superseded</td><td align='left'>               <a class='linkAction' onclick='__doPostBack('@@@@@Edit', '1209')'>AdobeFlash Player-10.0.32.18-Corp-EN</a>          " & _
        "</td><td nowrap='nowrap' align='center'>                1           </td><td>Retired</td><td align='left'>              <a class='linkAction' onclick='__doPostBack('@@@@@Edit', '1356')'>AdobeFlash Player-10.0.42.34-Corp-EN</a>          " & _
        "</td><td nowrap='nowrap' align='center'>                1           </td><td>Retired</td><td align='left'>"

$number = StringRegExp(StringStripWS($string, 8), "(?U)'center'>(.*)</td><td>", 3)

_ArrayDisplay($number)

You were using " in the pattern where the string used '. :>

As for the current post - why should it work? The pattern does not appear in the string at all! :unsure:

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Well I did some further troubleshooting and the page was different when pasted than when read through AutoIT.

This did it:

StringRegExp($oHTML, '(?i)<TD noWrap align=middle>(\d*) </td>', 3)