au3 script shows "Scripts Paused" in system icon

Hi,

I am new to autoIT. I captured a test scenario using AU3record and when "Run the script" byt right clicking the au3 file, I see in windows sysmtem try icon that "Script Paused" is checked and the playback did not happen for the test scenario.

How do we make it work. I am running it in Win XP SP3 32but machine. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Look at TrayMenuMode (Opt) in the Help File, I normally use Opt("TrayMenuMode", 3).

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Look at TrayMenuMode (Opt) in the Help File, I normally use Opt("TrayMenuMode", 3).

Sorry to bother you again. I am not sure about the option you are referring to. I have some general questions. These might be very simple but I have not got any link yet to confirm them:

- Is AutoIT having any in built recorder.

- I could see the AU3 recorder sepaately available to and gets installed in "Extras" folder.

- But when I record and run the scripts through Au3 recorder, the script shows "Scripts Paused".

- My requirement is to record and playback rather than using the library functions to resolve the issue.

- I understand that automation is a great idea but in my case it will not be possible. So I am looking for an option with Auto IT where I can just record and playback the scripts.

- If there are some additional componet to be installed for recorder to work, let m know.

Let me know if you have more idea.

Thanks again for your initial quick help.

Sorry to bother you again. I am not sure about the option you are referring to. I have some general questions. These might be very simple but I have not got any link yet to confirm them:

- Is AutoIT having any in built recorder.

- I could see the AU3 recorder sepaately available to and gets installed in "Extras" folder.

- But when I record and run the scripts through Au3 recorder, the script shows "Scripts Paused".

- My requirement is to record and playback rather than using the library functions to resolve the issue.

- I understand that automation is a great idea but in my case it will not be possible. So I am looking for an option with Auto IT where I can just record and playback the scripts.

- If there are some additional componet to be installed for recorder to work, let m know.

Let me know if you have more idea.

Thanks again for your initial quick help.

Download Scite for AutoIt. It has a recorder called ScriptWriter.

http://www.autoitscript.com/cgi-bin/getfile.pl?../autoit3/scite/download/SciTE4AutoIt3.exe

Edited by sleepydvdr

#include <ByteMe.au3>

Download Scite for AutoIt. It has a recorder called ScriptWriter.

http://www.autoitscript.com/cgi-bin/getfile.pl?../autoit3/scite/download/SciTE4AutoIt3.exe

Thanks for the link. When I downloaded and installed from aboe location, I can see the "Script Writer" but when I click select, it asks to browse the location of the file. I pointed to my AU3Recoder. So it is again the same.

I am really new to AutoIT and not getting the record and play option correctly. If you could give some more details, it will be of great help. I am strongly looking for record and play and not the scripted option.

Attaching the screenshot of this.

Thanks again for the help...

scr1.zip

scr2.zip

The second screenshot is the script writer. The browse button is to find an executable that you want to interact with. Like if you wanted to do something in Microsoft Word, you would browse to @programfiles\Microsoft Office\Officexx\Winword.exe. Then click the record button on the script writer. It will open Word for you and you can start doing things and it will record what you are doing. When you click the stop button, it will produce a script to reproduce what you did.

#include <ByteMe.au3>