Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lgvlgv

run Silent on error?

12 posts in this topic

Is there a way to make the program u write to run silent, like if ur program experience an error, in stead of displaying "there was an error in ur apps" msgbox. it simply shows nothing or even terminate!

//Lasse

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Options

• Write your script properly to avoid any errors
  • ????
  • Profit

Edit: I remembered about this one awesome script that will show you how to catch the error before there is a message box and the annoying XP error sound

And judging by the fact that you're asking this in the first place, maybe you should use this one instead because you might not understand it as it's author posted it as one script.

Edited by THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE

Things that I've done..

Icon Resource Editor: icon resource editor 

AutoIt Piano: a piano

AutoIt Unlocker: unlocks files when you want to delete them

Colorful tooltips: a wrapper for the tool tips UDF

Rouge GoogleBot: a full screen animation

ASciTE text editor: a text editor written in autoit

Warning: Posts by this user are subject to change or may disappear without notice.

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

There is! Did you search the forum? If you use the keyword 'debug autoit script' in the examples section that should bring up a few example UDF's.

Hint:

Edited by guinness

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

There is! Did you search the forum? If you use the keyword 'debug autoit script' in the examples section that should bring up a few example UDF's.

Hint:

Hmm, I never spotted that one in the wild, maybe I should use better script hunting techniques.

Things that I've done..

Warning: Posts by this user are subject to change or may disappear without notice.

thx all!

the back ground is that i want to include something like this and implement it on all of my productionscripts and under no circumstances show stupid errors to my customers.. better to just logg them somewhere.

thx all!

the back ground is that i want to include something like this and implement it on all of my productionscripts and under no circumstances show stupid errors to my customers.. better to just logg them somewhere.

Well, in that case, your best option would be to write a script properly and prevent the bad errors from ever happening in the first place.

Things that I've done..

Well, in that case, your best option would be to write a script properly and prevent the bad errors from ever happening in the first place.

im trying but its not so easy becose its a server script that talk with client scripts that collect alot of info about the PC and user and it runs in diffrent states and start as a service with system rights on a computer that may or may not have tcpip loaded or may be on a laptop and get tcpip connection mutch later after the user login and on and on, its hard to get it bullitprof with all diffrent senarios.

and im on a timelimit....

Run your script with /ErrorStdOut (do a search in helpfile for it)

i will check this out aswell, thx :graduated:

im trying but its not so easy becose its a server script that talk with client scripts that collect alot of info about the PC and user and it runs in diffrent states and start as a service with system rights on a computer that may or may not have tcpip loaded or may be on a laptop and get tcpip connection mutch later after the user login and on and on, its hard to get it bullitprof with all diffrent senarios.

and im on a timelimit....

Suddenly botnet.

Things that I've done..

no

Suddenly botnet.

nope a

monitoring and remote supoort tool for my customers, in the end i want it be something like logmein

no

nope a

monitoring and remote supoort tool for my customers, in the end i want it be something like logmein

Oh I'm sorry :graduated: , let me rephrase myself.

Suddenly RAT.

Things that I've done..